List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Cunnington doesn’t work hard at training? That’s ridiculous.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can’t imagine he is doing the extra running that would be needed to be a 2 way midfielder in the modern game. Are you suggesting any of the young guys I posted are contested beasts like Ben that won’t need to work on their 2 way running?

Only half joking, not beyond the afl.

I hear you. They pulled a multi-year "start again" set of expansion picks for McGold Coast out of their collective clackers.

Finding a reason to throw GWS a gift pick for losing an previous gift pick would hardly be breaking the laws of AFL physics.

Josh has a big decision. He has three options

1. hold gws to the contract and not win a flag

2. renegotiate with gws, free some cap space

3. return to Victoria for market value and gws get compensated fairly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

isn't it a no brainer - he should just take up that extension with GWS for billions a year?

If that were the case Mordy, it would have been a no brainer to not have the clause in the first place.

Not if he has it set in his mind that he wants to come home now

The clause was inserted to:

1) Get him to stay.
2) Cover his arse if he were to get badly injured.
3) Give him the option to bail when he was FA.

GWS just might have to make do with pick ~10, but they have had 8 years and ~150 games of bloody good service along the way, so it's not as if they are being completely dudded here.

The clause was inserted to:

1) Get him to stay.
2) Cover his arse if he were to get badly injured.
3) Give him the option to bail when he was FA.

GWS just might have to make do with pick ~10, but they have had 8 years and ~150 games of bloody good service along the way, so it's not as if they are being completely dudded here.
Surely the main reason for the clause was to guarantee him $1M per year following his current contract expiring. If he's in good form he can get it as a FA if he cares to (and GWS are disinclined to match). If not he'll get it at GWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back