List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll be copping picks or you'll get nothing if you match and compel him to stay again when he goes RFA at the end of 2021. Timing is now a factor for GWS. They wait beyond 2019 and their leverage seriously diminishes. Your club would be better off focusing on other targets that have not raised the notion of leaving (Whitfield & Coniglio)

As for the picks, I think it's fair to want a reasonably high 1st round pick in the deal, so I suspect we will have to bundle up a 1st & 2nd round pick to facilitate that, and provide another 1st round pick as well.
Pick 18 will be our first pick next year so I think you maybe right.

They'll push to the "nth" degree, but ultimately they either do business now or end up with someone that doesn't want to be on their list.

Meanwhile they have other blokes to re-sign:

GWS Players Out of Contract in 2019

Adam Tomlinson Restricted Free Agent
Harrison Himmelberg
Jacob Hopper
Lachlan Keeffe
Matthew Buntine Restricted Free Agent
Nick Haynes Restricted Free Agent
Stephen Coniglio Restricted Free Agent

They are only going to be losing Deledio and Shaw.

....and they will be wanting to lock away these blokes the year after:

Adam Kennedy Restricted Free Agent
Aidan Corr Restricted Free Agent
Harry Perryman
Jeremy Cameron Restricted Free Agent
Lachie Whitfield Restricted Free Agent
Tim Taranto
Zac Langdon
Zachary Williams Restricted Free Agent

Plus Caldwell, Hill and O'Halloran.
Geez I’d love to snag the Kelly and Haynes double ... id actually be surprised if we aren’t pursuing it .

GWS-header.png

Josh Kelly
The smooth-moving midfielder will be the No.1 recruiting target for most Victorian clubs next year and, as he did when last out of contract in 2017, will attract long-term offers worth more than $1 million a season. The Giants put themselves in a reasonable position to compete with rival suitors when they shed more than $1.5 million in player salaries by trading Dylan Shiel, Rory Lobb, Tom Scully and Will Setterfield this year. GWS faces a busy 2019 on the contract front, with vice-captain Stephen Coniglio, Nick Haynes and Adam Tomlinson entering new free agency, and talented youngsters Jacob Hopper and Harry Himmelberg also set to come out of contract. But as talented as these players are, Kelly is better. The Victorian came close to returning home at the end of 2017 and is likely to again take time to decide his future. - NB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, but would ldu want to go. If you finish bottom 6, maybe we accept your first rounder and wood. But if Kelly leaves, that is more money for cognilio, Haynes so perhaps we just accept picks provided at least one top 6 pick is involved.
I could see a Dangerfield type situation where both clubs act in good faith and get a deal done (if Josh nominates us). The last deal was in good faith by Josh with GWS (much less than he'd been offered), so it may well be reciprocated if he does decide to go.

I could see a Dangerfield type situation where both clubs act in good faith and get a deal done (if Josh nominates us). The last deal was in good faith by Josh with GWS (much less than he'd been offered), so it may well be reciprocated if he does decide to go.

I don't reckon they will be too happy about it yet.

They'll push hard for another short term contract.

I'm hoping more than anything. The reading about the Gaffening nearly fken killed me. I can't do it again. (I can only imagine how the 'fully invested' folk felt...)

If you're "hoping", then don't bother with this thread until later next year.

If you're "hoping", then don't bother with this thread until later next year.
Are we going to read this all year?

Guys...just don't come here. It's a simple solution. No closing threads....just let people chat in here who want to :)

It's also a great thread for trolling outside viewers from StDwarves, BLUWS and hopefully we can add * to the list as well.......for me/us.

Are we going to read this all year?

Guys...just don't come here. It's a simple solution. No closing threads....just let people chat in here who want to :)

It's also a great thread for trolling outside viewers from StDwarves, BLUWS and hopefully we can add * to the list as well.......for me/us.
And trolling Giants supporters who think it's still 2015 and that their team hasn't had the s**t gutted out of it.

Good call.

GWS wouldn’t want to be dicks about it , after josh re-signed the 2 year deal at unders of half a million a year.

Their other players would see and say * em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back