List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. Just offer him 1.5M per year and send him to the psd. Good luck to Carlton to match that.

It won't happen but can someone tell me why not?

It makes perfect sense on the face of it.

I refuse to be involved in this thread after this post. It is a pointless exercise. Like Dusty he will disappoint us.

Instead I'm contemplating a new thread incorporating any of the following players "........to North". We are bound to be a chance to get at least one or more of these players, especially as we will have so much cap space.

Kyle Cheney, Marco Paparone, Kristian Jaksch, Chris Mayne, Craig Bird, Zac Clarke, Tom Ruggles, Keegan Brooksby, Dawson Simpson, Jack Fitzpatrick, Jake Spencer, Matthew Lobbe, Ben Griffiths, Jason Holmes, Michael Talia, Simon Tunbridge, Tom Campbell. (And I didn't even need to include Tyrone Vickery, Ryan Schoenmakers or Jack Watts!)

Interesting stat looking at those names. There seems to be a large number of big blokes on that list. What could that mean?

Make it (not) happen Euge

I refuse to be involved in this thread after this post. It is a pointless exercise. Like Dusty he will disappoint us.

Instead I'm contemplating a new thread incorporating any of the following players "........to North". We are bound to be a chance to get at least one or more of these players, especially as we will have so much cap space.

Kyle Cheney, Marco Paparone, Kristian Jaksch, Chris Mayne, Craig Bird, Zac Clarke, Tom Ruggles, Keegan Brooksby, Dawson Simpson, Jack Fitzpatrick, Jake Spencer, Matthew Lobbe, Ben Griffiths, Jason Holmes, Michael Talia, Simon Tunbridge, Tom Campbell. (And I didn't even need to include Tyrone Vickery, Ryan Schoenmakers or Jack Watts!)

Interesting stat looking at those names. There seems to be a large number of big blokes on that list. What could that mean?

Make it (not) happen Euge

Reported

I think we are better off without Kelly

Facts:
Treloar was nothing on Kelly and it took 2 first rounders to get done
Kelly now far better than Treloar then
Giants were willing to let Treloar go to draft if they didn't get what they want. (They will get raided for years so have to play hardball)

Assumptions:
We offered 10 over 9 and he said no, or at least has not committed
If he goes to draft Carlton/lions/suns will draft him

So a trade needs to get done and GWS at minimum are going to ask for two first rounders. I think more, but you are on a crazy pull if you think less.

Now if Dusty went down injured, or just never played that well, it's 10m down but we've only lost cap space we had to spend

We offer Kelly 13m over 9 years and he says yes, well it is also draft picks. So many eggs are in the basket that any injury or form drop off will really hurt us as a club.

So I hope that we dont trade for him. It's not worth it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we are better off without Kelly

Facts:
Treloar was nothing on Kelly and it took 2 first rounders to get done
Kelly now far better than Treloar then
Giants were willing to let Treloar go to draft if they didn't get what they want. (They will get raided for years so have to play hardball)

Assumptions:
We offered 10 over 9 and he said no, or at least has not committed
If he goes to draft Carlton/lions/suns will draft him

So a trade needs to get done and GWS at minimum are going to ask for two first rounders. I think more, but you are on a crazy pull if you think less.

Now if Dusty went down injured, or just never played that well, it's 10m down but we've only lost cap space we had to spend

We offer Kelly 13m over 9 years and he says yes, well it is also draft picks. So many eggs are in the basket that any injury or form drop off will really hurt us as a club.

So I hope that we dont trade for him. It's not worth it.

I'm starting to agree. I've always been on the get Kelly wagon and think 2 1st rounders is a reasonable price. But you make a good point re Treloar and what that means for Kelly's price. How much is too much for one player?

Is there anything behind that thought, or just personal opinion?

Just an opinion. He came to Melbourne to make a decision with his family and the following 2 weeks GWS signed up about 6 youngsters on improved contacts.

That and his manager talking about only coming home for family. Josh was raised a North man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back