List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would be seriously guttered if we dont get Josh and he goes to another Victorian club , i wouldnt think many young blokes wouldnt want to play for the team they followed , and even more the club their father played for . With this kid in our midfield Ben Brown would see so much footy he would kick 90 goals next year .
I am so sick of the North bashing in the media , social media and on the streets , a great club like ours deserves 60k members and a full stadium each time it plays , i have so many family members who say they love North but are not members , their all getting bags of dog s**t for Christmas

I would be seriously guttered if we dont get Josh and he goes to another Victorian club , i wouldnt think many young blokes wouldnt want to play for the team they followed , and even more the club their father played for . With this kid in our midfield Ben Brown would see so much footy he would kick 90 goals next year .
I am so sick of the North bashing in the media , social media and on the streets , a great club like ours deserves 60k members and a full stadium each time it plays , i have so many family members who say they love North but are not members , their all getting bags of dog s**t for Christmas

If we dont get him (given the background) its hard to see how we land any big fish. Means the bulk of our rebuild would have to come from the draft, sustained periods down the bottom before sustained periods at the top. Problem for us is if we cant land them we're in for a world of pain given what we lack and the age profile of our more important players.

if Martin stays at bitchmond, surely we go after this guy super hard.....
If we miss Martin I'd suggest we add whatever amount we were front loading in his contract to Josh's first year.

Don't want this triggering an anti-Brad line - other than money and location what lures are we offering to players to join us?

There is little in the way change we can use to demonstrate a new direction. Supporters being happy with the blooding of players this year doesn't change the fact external players and managers look at a club with a potentially stagnant off-field crew that will hit a decade without earning a double chance in the finals.

There might be explanations but I'd like to know what we're spruiking to candidates to make us an employer of choice because our head to head strikerate for landing players has generally been poor.

Paul Connors is a genius!!! I have no doubt he has used the Dusty sideshow to Kelly's advantage. He knew the Carr/Martin camp were going to stage a media driven frenzy, all the while he tells Josh, "You have time" & "There's no need to rush your decision".

Make no mistake Dustin Martin will make Josh Kelly a very very wealthy man!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So how do we get Rayner to GWS? Would trading pick 4 + Swallow + 3rd or 4th for pick 2 + late pick do it?

Or we can just keep pick 2 and pick up Kelly in the ND.

Paul Connors is a genius!!! I have no doubt he has used the Dusty sideshow to Kelly's advantage. He knew the Carr/Martin camp were going to stage a media driven frenzy, all the while he tells Josh, "You have time" & "There's no need to rush your decision".

Make no mistake Dustin Martin will make Josh Kelly a very very wealthy man!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Paul Connors is what you call a professional. Not sure that can be said about 'sideshow Carr'!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HUGE CONTRACT OFFERS ARE ‘SCARY’

Essendon CEO Xavier Campbell says huge contract offers in excess of $1 million are scary propositions for clubs.

The AFL season has been dominated with stories of monster deals, with Richmond’s Dustin Martin and Greater Western Sydney’s Josh Kelly leading the way.

North Melbourne has reportedly offered Martin a $1.5 million deal while the Roos put a nine year contract in front of Kelly.

Campbell said the decision ultimately came down to each club.

“It scares me a little bit when you start to talk about $1.3 million plus, I think that’s a lot of money to put into one player, but it depends on the player and what they’re capable of,” Campbell said on SEN.

“They’re worth what you feel they’re worth to you and your football program.”

The Bomber chief didn’t give anything away on his club’s rumoured interest in Kelly.

The Herald Sun reported earlier this month that the Bombers were interested in signing the young star.
“We’ll see, Josh Kelly is a contracted player at GWS,” he said.

“We are like any club, we want to improve our list and he, that type of player, regardless of Josh or someone else with those attributes would add value to our program.”

If you believe the rumours * are offering a contract too, you would think it is in the ball park.

Why don't the media ******* call out this s**t

HUGE CONTRACT OFFERS ARE ‘SCARY’

Essendon CEO Xavier Campbell says huge contract offers in excess of $1 million are scary propositions for clubs.

The AFL season has been dominated with stories of monster deals, with Richmond’s Dustin Martin and Greater Western Sydney’s Josh Kelly leading the way.

North Melbourne has reportedly offered Martin a $1.5 million deal while the Roos put a nine year contract in front of Kelly.

Campbell said the decision ultimately came down to each club.

“It scares me a little bit when you start to talk about $1.3 million plus, I think that’s a lot of money to put into one player, but it depends on the player and what they’re capable of,” Campbell said on SEN.

The Bomber chief didn’t give anything away on his club’s rumoured interest in Kelly.

The Herald Sun reported earlier this month that the Bombers were interested in signing the young star.

“We are like any club, we want to improve our list and he, that type of player, regardless of Josh or someone else with those attributes would add value to our program.”

No scarier than pumping unknown chemicals into your players.

Xavier also mentioned that if they were to offer those figures, the board would need to be involved. As we know, our board has already approved the big spending spree.

Essendon CEO Xavier Campbell says prices of over $1 million to sign prospective players is becoming a scary proposition, but believes depending on who they are it would not procure clubs from going after them.

This comes as Dustin Martin weighs up a $1.2 million a year deal to remain at Richmond, or takes up a $1.5 million a season deal at North Melbourne.

“It scares me a little bit when you start to talk about $1.3 million plus, I think that’s a lot of money to put into one player, but it depends on the player and what they’re capable of,” Campbell said on SEN Breakfast.

Despite suggestions during the season the Bombers had put forward a $1.6 million a year contract offer on the table to Martin, Campbell denied the club was a genuine bidder for his services.

However, he didn’t deny that out-of-contract Greater Western Sydney star Josh Kelly was of interest.

He said free agency is providing an interesting balance, whereby paying stars big salaries is potentially reducing what the lesser players on the list can earn, yet at the same time the big names tend to step up in finals.

“It’s interesting what free agency is doing, without being specific to the players, the numbers is it pushing up prices and potentially pushing down the lower end, the last ten or 12 on your list and they amount they can earn? I’m not entirely sure,” Campbell said.

“But it feels like that’s what it has been doing a little bit.

“It is a lot of money, but the cream does seem to come to the top, and when you look at the best teams and they get to the position to win finals, normally it’s those A-grade players that step up and play an important part.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back