Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWS
I would like to see a dark GWS clash jumper - I think it could look quite menacing.
I still think this black version is the best GWS jumper I've ever seen.

Other opinions/ ideas i've had but am not good enough to produce:
- Adelaide's jumper should look like it has two hoops of red and yellow, so the end of the jumper is navy. Really dislike how it continues half cut off.
- Melbourne should have 3 jumpers with yokes in all of them. Normal home, inverse away and a 80's blue clash. This would be similar to West Coast, who I think has the best kit now.
- GWS should replace white with black or only use white as an outline for the G and numbers. Make the home Orange, charcoal and black and have a away as predominantly orange. Away games against most clubs would look great with the contrast, especially against dark teams like Carlton, Port, Essendon. Derby's would look awesome against the light Swans strip.

The Crows jumper is starting to cop a bit of s**t these days on this board. I don't get it. I think it's a cracking jumper. Not hugely traditional in its colours or execution but it's hugely identifiable and far from garish or messy. I think the modern fit might have skewed it a little worse but it's still pretty timeless to me.

The only change I'd make is bring back a more traditional, solid collar to accentuate the yellow, and return to the much darker navy of the 1990s. It became far more blue when printed jumpers came in. I know these days it is BLK, but they should copy Carlton's navy.
Martin%20McKinnon%20620_620X370.png

62761-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

77bafd68a449ad7f327e6cd8245e2180

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's been basically confirmed you just need two colours for a good footy jumper. The Suns have ditched sky blue, Freo got rid of green and red, and save for the Lions, Port are really the last three-colour team but when one of them is white and the other is black, the teal is fine. I don't think GWS have a bad colour palette at all, it's great, people are just disappointed they didn't go with sky blue. But you can't go back now. You don't want to go diluting what's becoming a successful brand to right some five year old wrong.

When (in the case of the AFL) most of your clubs are over 100 years old, the 2 colours schemes for most of them is traditional. Plus, since so many sponsor's logos are now worn on a jumper, 3 or more colours will just overwhelm the eyes. Less is more.

So, I decided to try and improve possibly the most criticised home design in the AFL at the moment.. The Gold Coast Suns. In order to do this.. I started off with the logo itself.
vwMsadx.png

It's a Sun and there's a (really well) hidden 'G' in the middle.. can you see it? Another thought of mine was: "how cool would it be if the sun's rays made the sun 3D?"
So, I did that. Not thinking about how it would look on a guernsey..

..So here's how it looks on a guernsey.
oL7EDtL.png

As you can see, there is now a two-tone red design along with a darker yellow, commonly known as gold. These are Adelaide's red and gold, with a darker shade of red added in the mix. I was hoping to achieve a design that would be simple (like the too-simple current design) but still be interesting, I guess.. I think I did that, but, eh. It's never getting used anyway.
Great effort Andonis1997. The consensus from Suns fans is the logo has to go so thanks for trying to up update it. Ideally the logo would not be on the jumper at all as we would love a more traditional look. Any chance you have some ideas?

Great effort Andonis1997. The consensus from Suns fans is the logo has to go so thanks for trying to up update it. Ideally the logo would not be on the jumper at all as we would love a more traditional look. Any chance you have some ideas?
Hey mate, thanks!
After I posted that idea, I got a request to see what it would look like if I got rid of the logo. Here it is, still with the two-tone idea:
Nothing too different, but gives the Suns a little more than what they currently have.

images

If anyone's has the skills, I certainly don't a Suns jumper that is v like Melbournes but gold at the top and blue under ( but a darker North royal blue and no logo I thing would look traditional and hopefully different enough then other existing guernseys
Do you like this found it off google

As any of you are discussing the Gold Coast jumper, and the North Melbourne and Adelaide jumpers I thought I would add my ideas here.

Gold Coast
ttN0BXv.jpg

Only two colours, Red and Gold.

North Melbourne
hMaeGFv.jpg

The new Kangaroo is good but the traditional white with blue stripes has to stay.

Adelaide

gr8ZbNt.jpg

Keep the hoops around the jumper. Have it how it used to be before they cut the hoops with panels on the sides. When will the crow from the training jumpers make it onto the actual jumpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back