Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno why freo went to straight purple and white it's pretty boring. If they used a decent green accent it would pop nicely off the purple base, just on the cuffs or number or something. The red on the other hand should have been dropped.

Dunno why freo went to straight purple and white it's pretty boring. If they used a decent green accent it would pop nicely off the purple base, just on the cuffs or number or something. The red on the other hand should have been dropped.
I like the fact that they went all Purple. It's unique. Definitely should have kept the Anchor however.

The red and green on the original jumper represented the freo ports light colours the red and green light represented port and starboard (left and right to sailors)

I had a crack at my jumper ideas for every team. This includes home, away, third (if needed), heritage and pre-season jumpers. I've already posted my heritage round ideas on a separate thread, but I'll post them all on here again anyway. I also have the AFL logo on every team's jumper in their team colours.

First up:
GWS Giants

Home

I personally think Puma have got their GWS rebrand this year about 70-80% right. For the home jumper next year I decided to use their current clash jumper but remove the white outline. The mostly orange works better than a charcoal front and orange back. I decided to opt for mostly orange rather than mostly charcoal as their main jumper to allow them to wear the same jumper for as many games as possible. I also opted to have GWS in plain orange socks as part of their main kit, as they did before they entered the AFL.

Full home kit worn at all home games, and away games against Brisbane Lions, Geelong, North Melbourne, West Coast and Western Bulldogs.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_gws_111_home.png

Home jumper with orange change shorts instead of charcoal. Worn in away games against Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Port Adelaide, Richmond and St Kilda.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_gws_121_change.png

Home jumper with orange shorts and charcoal socks instead of charcoal shorts and orange socks. Worn in away games against Melbourne.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_gws_122_change.png

Clash
Their never surrender jumper is easily the best new jumper in the AFL this year, as I would have GWS in orange at home, the mostly charcoal never surrender jumper should become their permanent clash jumper. For the socks I have opted for the mostly charcoal design with one thin orange stripe, the same clash socks they had in their inaugural season.

Clash jumper with charcoal shorts, creating basically an all charcoal kit. Worn in away games against Gold Coast and Sydney.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_gws_212_clash.png

Clash jumper with white shorts, worn in away games against Hawthorn.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_gws_232_clash.png

Heritage/Third
I have opted to use their inaugural clash jumper as the heritage jumper idea, paired with white shorts and the charcoal socks that was part of their clash kit in their first season.

This setup worn in away games against Adelaide and heritage round.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_gws_332_heritage.png

Pre-season
Felt like mocking up a half-orange and half-white jumper, similar to the Brisbane Roar 2012 ACL home shirt which was coincidentally also designed by puma. Worn in all pre-season games.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_gws_411_pre.png

Collingwood

Home

In my opinion they need to revert to the white jumper with black stripes, they have had more history and success in that jumper than the current black jumper with white stripes. It also creates a better contrast with most jumpers in the comp. For their main jumper I went for a hybrid of the 2018/19 clash jumper and the 2020 clash jumper.

Full home kit comes with black shorts and socks and is worn at all home games and away games against Sydney.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_coll_111_home.png

Home jumper with white shorts and black socks worn in away games against Adelaide, Brisbane Lions, Essendon, Gold Coast, GWS, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Richmond, St Kilda, West Coast and Western Bulldogs.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_coll_121_change.png

Home jumper with white shorts and hooped socks worn at away games against Carlton and Fremantle.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_coll_122_change.png

Clash
For the clash jumper I have decided to go for a predominately black jumper since I made the main jumper white. Since the only clashes a mostly white jumper would have are with striped or hooped teams, I have used their ANZAC jumper this year as an inspiration, instead of a black jumper with white stripes, I have done a black jumper with white stripes that also contain black stripes within the white stripes to create an almost all black jumper but ensuring it is still a black and white striped jumper and still fundamentally Collingwood.

Clash jumper paired with black shorts and black socks in order to ensure maximum contrast worn in away games against Geelong and North Melbourne.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_coll_211_clash.png

Pre-season/Third
The third jumper would only be needed in away games against Port Adelaide (which should be a big hint for my jumper idea I have in store for them), having a third jumper only needed for one opponent meant I decided to double this as a pre-season jumper as well. I have decided to go the double inverse here and have a white jumper with black stripes, but within the black stripes I'd have white stripes, and within the white stripes I'd have extra black stripes which will hae another layer of white stripes. It will still be a black and white striped jumper but that is predominately white and will create enough contrast with another black and white jumper design I have planned.

Worn with white shorts and hooped socks in away games against Port Adelaide. Also worn in pre-season.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_coll_322_thirdpre.png

Heritage
Swooping Magpie from 2003. Worn in heritage round.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_coll_411_heritage.png

Port Adelaide

Home

In footy sometimes you gotta respect what the fans want. Even though IMO their 2010-2016 home jumper was one of the greatest in footy, it is clear that most Port fans want the prison bar jumper back, so that's what I did for their home jumper.

Full home kit worn at all home games and away games against Gold Coast, North Melbourne, Sydney, West Coast and Western Bulldogs.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_port_111_home.png

Home jumper with white shorts worn at away games against Adelaide, Brisbane, GWS and Hawthorn.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_port_121_change.png

Clash
Doing a complete inverse of the regular prison bar would have looked odd, so I decided to do a mish-mash where the front is an inverse of the home jumper and the back is inspired by their premiership winning jumper of 2004.

Clash jumper with white shorts and black socks worn in away games against Essendon, Melbourne, Richmond and St Kilda.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_port_221_clash.png

Clash jumper with white shorts and hooped socks, worn in away games against Carlton and Fremantle.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_port_222_clash.png

Third
I decided to attempt a back in black version of the prison bars, and ended up with this. This jumper would fix the clash issues with a mostly white Geelong or Collingwood jumper.

Third jumper with black socks and shorts, worn in away games against Geelong.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_port_311_third.png

As I have the Collingwood home kit as a white jumper with black stripes, black shorts and black socks, the mostly black third kit would have to be worn with teal shorts and socks in away games against Collingwood to ensure sufficient overall contrast.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_port_333_third.png

Heritage
Based on their 2004-2006 away jumper. Matched with plain teal socks that they have actually worn before in games during the early 2000's. Worn in heritage round.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_port_423_hertiage.png

Pre-season
Thunder bolt shaped as the South Australian coastline with the teal below representing the ocean. Worn during pre-season games.
graphic_kit_afl_2022_port_513_pre.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back