Recommitted Karl Amon [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s why they’re open to trading Bruce, Carlisle etc they need trade assets.
True, but they already have Billings, Hind and Ross as wingers/half-forwards and look like getting Hill and Jones. Would be a s**t move for Amon IMO.

Is there a single player St Kilda aren't interested in? It's becoming a sick joke now.
I’m keen to see how many stick.
I for one am looking forward to a clean out, and a restock.
Not sure if Amon is the right person for it, but what we are doing now is not working, so let’s try the next way.

Is there a single player St Kilda aren't interested in? It's becoming a sick joke now.

Seems to me that this year, st kilda is going to target players with a big wad of money and they will end up with a hannebury type player. Even someone like Amon now is considered the next big thing for those desperate clubs.

Definitely wouldn’t be giving up our second rounder for a 24 year old who’s only just established himself as a senior player. Only averaging 19 touches aswell.
Hawthorn fans trying to talk down someone averaging 19 disposals after the way they wank on about a player that averaged less than 16.

Seems to me that this year, st kilda is going to target players with a big wad of money and they will end up with a hannebury type player. Even someone like Amon now is considered the next big thing for those desperate clubs.
First off, pot calling the kettle black here mate.
North throws their cash at every person last few years, ends up with Polec and Pittard. Hardly the haul they were after.
Secondly, who has said that Amon is considered “the next big thing”? Amon is a winger. Saints need wingers. Saints go after wingers. Makes sense here.

First off, pot calling the kettle black here mate.
North throws their cash at every person last few years, ends up with Polec and Pittard. Hardly the haul they were after.
Secondly, who has said that Amon is considered “the next big thing”? Amon is a winger. Saints need wingers. Saints go after wingers. Makes sense here.

Errr polec pitrard can easily captain coach st Kilda lol. Keep on dreaming mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, but they already have Billings, Hind and Ross as wingers/half-forwards and look like getting Hill and Jones. Would be a s**t move for Amon IMO.
Hind and Ross aren't close to similar

Taking away his one possession game he average 21 this year, I'd be happy with him as a moneyball pick.

our third rounder get it done, pick 38?

I would hope not.

That’s a horrible return in a weak draft for a young first 22 player.

Other Vic teams would beat that if Amon wasn’t set on one Vic club.

That pick is useless to port with mead sure to attract a bid before that pick and us having 4 4th rounders that have no value other than matching a bid.

Melb have other enticing picks or Harrison Petty.

I would hope not.

That pick is useless to port with mead sure to attract a bid before that pick and us having 4 4th rounders that have no value other than matching a bid.

If Hawthorn offered their 2nd round pick (currently pick 28) do you think that’s close to the mark?

I would hope not.

can't see us giving up petty in a hurry

i would suspect that our second rounder (pick 23-25 after priority access and academy selections are done) is going to freo for ed langdon

amon and a future third rounder for 38 and a future second rounder?

Most of the season we had 14 or more players out injured, but yet North only finished one win in front of the Saints. So your arrogance is based on???

PS: Amon is only one piece of the puzzle and no one at St Kilda regards him as the next big thing.

Last edited:
Most of the season we had 14 or more players out injured, but yet North only finished one win in front of the Saints. So your arrogance is based on???

PS: Amon is only one piece of the puzzle and no one at St Kilda regards him as the next bug thing.

of course you shouldn't but given the situation of the club, any player is a big player because we have unwittingly succeeded in having to accept the next tier players who actually turned out to be far more effective than the superstars we've been chasing. A kelly, martin or gaff either would have made no difference or marginally improved our performance this year hence not worth the price tag. Polec shored up a wing and Pittard was the revelation.

If we play our cards right, 1st rounder, woods and 2nd for Zac Jones, Papley and sydney's 3rd. We use the 2 third rounder for amon. Done deal.

If Hawthorn offered their 2nd round pick (currently pick 28) do you think that’s close to the mark?
can't see us giving up petty in a hurry

i would suspect that our second rounder (pick 23-25 after priority access and academy selections are done) is going to freo for ed langdon

amon and a future third rounder for 38 and a future second rounder?

Imo it’s reasonable to expect those would do if Amon asked to be traded

of course you shouldn't but given the situation of the club, any player is a big player because we have unwittingly succeeded in having to accept the next tier players who actually turned out to be far more effective than the superstars we've been chasing. A kelly, martin or gaff either would have made no difference or marginally improved our performance this year hence not worth the price tag. Polec shored up a wing and Pittard was the revelation.

If we play our cards right, 1st rounder, woods and 2nd for Zac Jones, Papley and sydney's 3rd. We use the 2 third rounder for amon. Done deal.

So Sydney give up: Jones, Papley and 40ish for: Wood, 7 & 25?

don't think they'd go for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back