Recommitted Karl Amon [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

All depends on what Amon's intentions are and what another club is offering him contract-wise.

If he is desperate to get back to Victoria (not suggesting he is) then I'm sure Port will do right by the player and accept a 3rd or 4th round pick for him.

But if he is a required player and another club offers him a 3yr deal, then it would likely take a 2nd rounder for Port to part with him.

Lol what are we a charity?

Well yes, the club is. But that's beside the point ;)

If a player is desperate to return home, why keep them when they don't want to be there?

Seems to me that this year, st kilda is going to target players with a big wad of money and they will end up with a hannebury type player. Even someone like Amon now is considered the next big thing for those desperate clubs.
Jesus, the amount of irony in this post is overwhelming

Well yes, the club is. But that's beside the point ;)

If a player is desperate to return home, why keep them when they don't want to be there?
Nick Stevens

We aren't gonna be ****ed over.

He'll get traded if he wants to return home. He's playing better this season than Impey has ever with us, he's worth much more than a 4th in a s**t draft.

Seems to me that carlton and st kilda is linked to everyone, start chucking out big money, pay rise time baby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's worth a first to us as we are lacking skill on the outside, he's easily worth a 2nd to someone else in this draft.
Not to hawthorn as a 2nd can land us Finn. If we have multiple 2nds that may be a different story.

Tredrea seems to think Amon will stay, and the talk about asking for a trade again is just a negation tactic
Hope so as he is more important to us then he is worth in trade value. Speed and run is something we are lacking and good foot skills and he has all 3

Not to hawthorn as a 2nd can land us Finn. If we have multiple 2nds that may be a different story.
So he'd be worth a second if you had an extra 2nd :)

Regardless he's worth more to us as we are lacking his type... Unlike say HBF or inside mids...

So he'd be worth a second if you had an extra 2nd :)

Regardless he's worth more to us as we are lacking his type... Unlike say HBF or inside mids...
Yeah a change in our draft hand means we can assess players value differently. Simple getting amon doesn't out weigh getting maginness so 2nd pick off the table.

I see amons value similar to Impeys. So a 2nd isn't far fetched but hawks would need to be creative as we need points. Maybe packaging pick together or trading up if we have outbound players.

Hawks also dont have the luxury to trade future picks as we have 2 F/S and the 1st in 4 years rule in the way.

Yeah a change in our draft hand means we can assess players value differently. Simple getting amon doesn't out weigh getting maginness so 2nd pick off the table.

I see amons value similar to Impeys. So a 2nd isn't far fetched but hawks would need to be creative as we need points. Maybe packaging pick together or trading up if we have outbound players.

Hawks also dont have the luxury to trade future picks as we have 2 F/S and the 1st in 4 years rule in the way.

We can always trade away next year's second.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back