Strategy Keep Jenkins in defence!

Remove this Banner Ad

More potential? He's been in the system for 6 years. Jenkins 3. He's had 87 games, Jenkins 48.

If he were so much smarter and has more potential he should be a fair way in front of Jenkins already. And only this year he proved that he's not such a smart footballer afterall.

I think with Vickery - if he gets his head right and it all clicks he will be a much better footballer than Jenkins could if he ironed out his deficiencies. His potential is still there even though he has been in the system for 6 years (which is only 2 more than Jenkins who has been in the system for 4 years).

Also - I think right now JJ is a better player. I think Josh Jenkins is a #1 forward you could build an attack around. Vickery is a perfect #2 forward. Which one do we need?

I'm not sure Jenkins is a #1 forward. In fact, I'm very sure he's not.

For me Jenkins is perfect as that difficult matchup that stretches the opposition defence. He's tall so you've got to play a tall on him, but he's quick and is more than happy to scoot out the back for a seagull goal so you've got to have someone willing to run. And then when you think you've got it set up he goes to the centre bounce and disrupts your structure.

However, if you put a top quality KPD on him he really struggles. Fortunately he'll never need to play as our #1 forward so it doesn't matter.

Vickery would make sense if we were intending to give Sauce more of a break during matches and let him drift down back (or wherever) since Vickery is a significantly better ruckman than Jenkins, but I don't think the benefit gained would be worth what we'd have to give up to get him.

We've got a number of other deficiencies on our list to address before we worry about Jenkins.

I'm not sure Jenkins is a #1 forward. In fact, I'm very sure he's not.

For me Jenkins is perfect as that difficult matchup that stretches the opposition defence. He's tall so you've got to play a tall on him, but he's quick and is more than happy to scoot out the back for a seagull goal so you've got to have someone willing to run. And then when you think you've got it set up he goes to the centre bounce and disrupts your structure.

However, if you put a top quality KPD on him he really struggles. Fortunately he'll never need to play as our #1 forward so it doesn't matter.

Vickery would make sense if we were intending to give Sauce more of a break during matches and let him drift down back (or wherever) since Vickery is a significantly better ruckman than Jenkins, but I don't think the benefit gained would be worth what we'd have to give up to get him.

We've got a number of other deficiencies on our list to address before we worry about Jenkins.
exactly, the fact that he has to attract big defenders just amplifies his seagull potential.

people are too quick to sink the boot into Jenkins, clearly still learning the game and still cashing in with 2 goals per game in the mean time. Put it this way, if he gets moved on before Bickley it would be a complete and utter disgrace.

After finally watching the Saints game, I think putting Jenkins in defense is a seriously stupid idea. He has no idea how to use his body.
Well that rules out defence, forward line and ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back