Moved Thread Kissing opposition players, when does it become sexual harassment?

Remove this Banner Ad

Posters in this thread drawing similarities to high marks and tackles not being allowed in the workplace either are nowhere near as clever as they think they are.

To me, this argument is similar to the question of when does a jumper punch /coward punch behind play turn from typical footy argy-bargy into assault, which should be dealt with outside of a football tribunal. Without remember the exact wording, the 'line' is based on what can reasonably be expected when agreeing to participate in a match of football.

Would you reasonably expect a jumper punch in a scuffle? Yes. Do you reasonably expect a Leigh Matthews / Neville Bruns hit behind play? No!!!!

Now, apply that to this whole sexual harassment discussion. Do you reasonably expect a bum pat or a hug from teammates after a goal? Yes. Do you reasonably expect a forced kiss from an opposition player? No!!!

Do I expect Langford to be criminally charged? Of course not. Should the AFL take action to cut that crap out? Yes!

Would you reasonably expect a jumper punch in a scuffle? Yes. Do you reasonably expect a Leigh Matthews / Neville Bruns hit behind play? No!!!!

Now, apply that to this whole sexual harassment discussion. Do you reasonably expect a bum pat or a hug from teammates after a goal? Yes. Do you reasonably expect a forced kiss from an opposition player? No!!!

Do I expect Langford to be criminally charged? Of course not. Should the AFL take action to cut that crap out? Yes!
I was unconvinced until I saw the exclamation marks.

You're unlettered AF.
Thanks for letting me know. It is good to see that there are people like you that are maintaining standards on internet forums. All without having a single clue as to the background or circumstances of the individuals involved.
If only we were on a football field, so I could give you a kiss and you would just accept it as good natured banter.

Thanks for letting me know.
Happy to oblige.

It is good to see that there are people like you that are maintaining standards on internet forums. All without having a single clue as to the background or circumstances of the individuals involved.
That's the thing about standards.

If only we were on a football field, so I could give you a kiss and you would just accept it as good natured banter.
Banter is verbal.

Like I said, unlettered AF.

I do disagree but I just didn't care.
That makes no sense.

Remember your comment earlier? Have a read and then look in a mirror.
You offered no disagreement. That's a statement of fact, not an attempt to read your mind.

Do you speak like a middle-aged primary school teacher in person? Or are you just doing it here for laughs? Is it a kind of performance art?

A male colleague at work submitted a report to me a day early and I was so appreciative that I went over to his cubicle, leaned in towards him, and gave him an open kiss on the mouth.

Problem?

Amazing thread.

McVeigh has no issue with specific players being targeted in opposition teams for 120 mins to get inside their head and make them doubt themselves, but plant a kiss on his cheek and it's all gone too far.

What a precious ********.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That makes no sense.

You offered no disagreement. That's a statement of fact, not an attempt to read your mind.
Incorrect again. You made an assumption and you were wrong in your assumption.
There are a lot of things that come to mind about what I think of you and your posting at the moment. Just because I haven't written them down for you doesn't mean they aren't my thoughts.

And congratulations on being able to engage me in a discussion about my grammar and punctuation, at the expense of worthwhile comments that could have been made about sexual harassment on a football field.

I won't make any assumptions about which topic you think is more important.

Incorrect again. You made an assumption and you were wrong in your assumption.
In your post, you proffered no disagreement. That's not an assumption.

There are a lot of things that come to mind about what I think of you and your posting at the moment. Just because I haven't written them down for you doesn't mean they aren't my thoughts.
Can you wait all day?

And congratulations on being able to engage me in a discussion about my grammar and punctuation, at the expense of worthwhile comments that could have been made about sexual harassment on a football field.
Congratulations are unnecessary.

The sooner we tidy up, the sooner we can go home.

I reckon it's sexual harassment when it's actually sexual.

Otherwise it's just harassment, which isn't just common on the footy field but actively encouraged.

In any other workplace, it would be sexual harassment.

Flashbacks from when the Hawks kissed and punched their way to flags a few years back.

It wasn't cricket at the time and still isn't.

"Ohh jarred you be Buddy and I'll be Hodge let's do it now"

Serious hypocrisy from the swans that's the worst "H" word by a mile

In any other workplace, it would be sexual harassment.
Punching someone in the head is assault and jail time. But it's only a fine in AFL if you disguise it with a fist of jumper.

Can't compare normal workplace with onfield actions.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

In another workplace, you wouldn't be allowed to tackle someone.
Punching someone in the head is assault and jail time. But it's only a fine in AFL if you disguise it with a fist of jumper.

Can't compare normal workplace with onfield actions.

There are some allowances in assault laws for sporting contests. There are no such allowances for sexual assault/harassment.

Short version...Would you reasonably expect it when walking onto the field?

We all know that if we go up to a workmate and kiss him/her we'll be done for. So should it be any different on a football field? Does sexual harassment rule apply? Does kissing cross the line? For people who laugh it off, where is your line? How about fondling another player's private parts while in a pack?
Pretty sure you can't elbow a workmate in the ribs or hip and shoulder them while they aren't looking either, yet those things happen in AFL all the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back