Society & Culture Know your Australian places - Guess the town/city in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct guess to pick the next one
Doesn't have to be satellite images, can be skylines streets or the like. Keep images original so they can't be reverse searched.

I haven't been here yet, but will be post Covid.

View attachment 1114033

Is this Gawler?

Righto, my go
View attachment 1115735

Small town, and very green as you can see - so it rains a lot.

I have driven through this town countless times. So many times I can't remember. It's an easy town to lose concentration in, thinking of floral valleys and caravan overtaking opportunities, but there will always be a copper with a speed gun behind the billboard at the petrol station, so beware.

Checkout how massive the causeway is to the north of the town - extending from the brown smudges up to the treeline just south of the 'Y' intersection!

I do wonder what former governor Sir George Gipps might make of this and many other towns in this area of land?

Sale?

Righto, my go
View attachment 1115735

I have driven through this town countless times. So many times I can't remember. It's an easy town to lose concentration in, thinking of floral valleys and caravan overtaking opportunities, but there will always be a copper with a speed gun behind the billboard at the petrol station, so beware.

Checkout how massive the causeway is to the north of the town - extending from the brown smudges up to the treeline just south of the 'Y' intersection!

I do wonder what former governor Sir George Gipps might make of this and many other towns in this area of land?

Have we arrived at Bairnsdale?

Righto, my go
View attachment 1115735

Rosedale

iu

Took a wrong turn one day and ended up here solved a mystery though

iu

Took a wrong turn one day and ended up here solved a mystery though

I wanted to play the Cloncurry card again, but it doesn't fit the wrong turn clue.

Charleville? Still, how do you end up there, and what's the mystery? WW2 Aircraft?

Wait a sec - Not St Lawrence, QLD?

Not St Lawrence .though what an interesting town I wandered down that road one day,knew some people who lived there too
When you see it on google maps it looks like the reef touches the mainland

The clue
The name of the cow is the name of the town

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took me a while, but Mackay, QLD.

Didn't cheat either! (Syd & Billy ray 😜 )

The crop fields had me looking in the wrong areas for a long time - but I guess cane fields in different cycles of fallow as you head west towards Finch Hatton?

Haven't been there for years, but had good times there.
I deliberately omitted the coast. Good get. Had i chosen eet season you might have picked the region better.

I deliberately omitted the coast. Good get. Had i chosen eet season you might have picked the region better.
In Wet season it would have been easy
I thought it was the Murray because of the surrounding dry
Most of those cane fields on the outskirts would probably be suburbs or shops or factories too now
The rugby league oval at the end of the runway would have given it away too
The AFL oval (Mackay Hawks) also has a few more ovals around it that arent in that shot
It must be a fairly old photo

Not St Lawrence .though what an interesting town I wandered down that road one day,knew some people who lived there too

The clue
Aren't all cows named Daisy or Buttercup?

Um, well, after a touch of cheating, I had no idea THAT was a cow name.

In Wet season it would have been easy
I thought it was the Murray because of the surrounding dry
Most of those cane fields on the outskirts would probably be suburbs or shops or factories too now
The rugby league oval at the end of the runway would have given it away too
The AFL oval (Mackay Hawks) also has a few more ovals around it that arent in that shot
It must be a fairly old photo

I'm pretty sure it was a 2020/2021 image

The clue

Got there eventually
1619860888638.png

And now that I know that, I reckon I already did. Seems super familiar in hindsight. I'm sure I've been there, but it would've been 25-odd years ago.

Also - there's a place in Queensland named "Cow Bay" - which I thought was funny

Got there eventually
View attachment 1116257

And now that I know that, I reckon I already did. Seems super familiar in hindsight. I'm sure I've been there, but it would've been 25-odd years ago.

Also - there's a place in Queensland named "Cow Bay" - which I thought was funny
I was running out of petrol pulled in on a Sunday and it was closed saw the statue though

Theres a fair few in Rocky
iu

and the main one they keep pinching his balls

iu

I was running out of petrol pulled in on a Sunday and it was closed saw the statue though

Theres a fair few in Rocky
iu

and the main one they keep pinching his balls

iu

I am a survivor of the Rocky NYE B&S Ball back in the 1990's. Love the place! Basecamp was always the Criterion Hotel (Cri-fries yummy). Long before RSA laws ruined it. Bundy and coke mixed in bathtubs and unlimited. It was quite the experience!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back