Kurt Tippett - what will be the trade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Your kidding yourself if you think that. He's not better then Judd. With him now 'committed' to Adelaide, expect an offer anyway and a big one, poisibly either pick 3 or 5 and the second round pick (low 20's). Two picks of that calibre is massive for him, and that's more of a 'convincing' type offer then what he's truley worth. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disparaging the guys talent, but he's not worth two top 3 picks, not even Gary Ablett Snr was.

So you're expecting him to improve a lot between now and then?

Well i think he could potentially become that 80-100 goal forward everyone wants and i dont think adelaide will settle for anything short of this. IMHO he is worth this 100% and between now and the end of next year, we will see the emergsnce of another elite forward ala riewoldt, brown, pavlich..

Well i think he could potentially become that 80-100 goal forward everyone wants and i dont think adelaide will settle for anything short of this. IMHO he is worth this 100% and between now and the end of next year, we will see the emergsnce of another elite forward ala riewoldt, brown, pavlich..

Picks 2 and 3 could "potentially" go on to be 80-100 goal forwards or star midfielders. And you're wanting 2 of them!!

Tippett may turn into a 80-100 goal forward and he may not. If he does then Gold Coast may give up picks 2 & 3 for him. At this point in time he'd be worth half that.

And if he doesn't go on to be anything other than a "pretty good" key forward his value will drop rather than go up.

And this all comes down to his contract status anyway. If he's uncontracted GC can just pick him up for nothing. But if he's contracted Adelaide can play hardball and it may turn out that GC would have to pay piuck 2 & 3 for him if they want him that badly. But unless he's a dead-set star by then they'd be paying more than his worth.

id give away our 1st round pick for him, seeing as we desperately need a young FF

Seriously. To us he's worth more than a top 5 pick or anything really. Cause we've finally found a potentially elite forward and he might leave. Don't forget he can ruck very well as well and he'd be our number 1 ruck if he wasn't playing forward. He still does the rucking up forward though. YOu very rarely find a player that can play both positions equally well and thats why he is so valuable to us- he is so important to our structure. Tippett does the rucking up forward- it allows ur ruckman to just drop back in defence.

I hope Adelaide loose Tippett just so another club can get a small taste of what we felt in 97 when Port stole Wanganeen from us. :(

Nothing will compare but Tippet will be a huge signing for the GC.

Picks 2 and 3 could "potentially" go on to be 80-100 goal forwards or star midfielders. And you're wanting 2 of them!!

Haha and how often would that actually go to plan?

Since when have pick 2 or 3 in any draft gone on to achieve such heights?

Picks are amazingly overrated.

Haha and how often would that actually go to plan?

Since when have pick 2 or 3 in any draft gone on to achieve such heights?

Picks are amazingly overrated.

Well let's look at picks 2 & 3 from the 2000s...

2000: Kozi & Didak
2001: Ball & Judd
2002: Wells & Brennan
2003: Walker & Sylvia
2004: Roughead & Griffen
2005: Thomas & Ellis
2006: Gumbleton & Hansen
2007: Cotchin & Masten
2008: Naitanui & Hill

I think the majority of these are combinations that you'd find very hard to argue are worth less than Tippett alone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well let's look at picks 2 & 3 from the 2000s...

2000: Kozi & Didak
2001: Ball & Judd
2002: Wells & Brennan
2003: Walker & Sylvia

2004: Roughead & Griffen
2005: Thomas & Ellis
2006: Gumbleton & Hansen
2007: Cotchin & Masten

2008: Naitanui & Hill

I think the majority of these are combinations that you'd find very hard to argue are worth less than Tippett alone

2008 too early to judge, but I'm not particularly impressed by 2002-2003 or 2005 through 2007 to be honest.

I also notice on this list are no coalman medalists and just the one Brownlow winner who by any stretch is a freak

Still think the only way they can go forward is trade there picks for tried and tested will there be enough in the bank for Tippett and they are going very hard for hodge
Only time will tell definitly need a big named forward heard hall is available and they have fight nights at the GC convention center
Can they trade any of there existing players that they have signed?

2008 too early to judge, but I'm not particularly impressed by 2002-2003 or 2005 through 2007 to be honest.

I also notice on this list are no coalman medalists and just the one Brownlow winner who by any stretch is a freak

Don't know if I agree with Wells & Brennan. Both for Tippett???

Walker & Sylvia: maybe. But Sylvia is really starting to shine now and Walker looks good when he's not injured.

Not sure that a team would be willing to trade Thomas & Ellis for Tippett unless they were in desperate need of a tall forward/ruckman. Some teams may, others wouldn't

Gumbleton & Hansen and Cotchin & Masten: Like 2008 it's too early to tell here too. Gumbleton looked great in this pre-season and Hansen has taken steps in the right direction. Gumbleton alone may turn out to be better than Tippett if he can overcome his injuries. Cotchin and Masten have both shown they could go on to be great AFL players. They have a couple of weaknesses but once they're ironed out there'll be no looking back for those 2.

And with Tippett you're still talking about one player who's shown good signs but isn't any guarantee to go on to be a star either.

Don't know if I agree with Wells & Brennan. Both for Tippett???

It's one of those trades that will never happen as long as they have to answer to their supporters but Adelaide would probably be raped. Both Wells and Brennan have a fantastic ability on their day befitting their draft position, however their day only comes around once a year.

Walker & Sylvia: maybe. But Sylvia is really starting to shine now and Walker looks good when he's not injured.

Wearing your Essendon hat would you trade for either for anything more than a 3rd rounder? I wouldn't, and i'm not trading Tippett for two third rounders.

Not sure that a team would be willing to trade Thomas & Ellis for Tippett unless they were in desperate need of a tall forward/ruckman. Some teams may, others wouldn't

They both can play but they're the type of vanilla players who you can replace with a 2nd/3rd round draft pick who will still do 80-90% of what they do anyway. Again, not a combination i'd draft for a KPF who are diamonds in the rough which as Adelaide have experienced are ****ing rare.

And with Tippett you're still talking about one player who's shown good signs but isn't any guarantee to go on to be a star either.

Agree, but you know what they say about birds in the bush.

It's one of those trades that will never happen as long as they have to answer to their supporters but Adelaide would probably be raped. Both Wells and Brennan have a fantastic ability on their day befitting their draft position, however their day only comes around once a year.

Wearing your Essendon hat would you trade for either for anything more than a 3rd rounder? I wouldn't, and i'm not trading Tippett for two third rounders.

They both can play but they're the type of vanilla players who you can replace with a 2nd/3rd round draft pick who will still do 80-90% of what they do anyway. Again, not a combination i'd draft for a KPF who are diamonds in the rough which as Adelaide have experienced are ****ing rare.

Agree, but you know what they say about birds in the bush.

Funny how you talk down every "bird in the bush" that's not playing for Adelaide like they're worth nothing more than a 3rd rounder but talk up your own like he's worth pick 2 AND 3.;)

First and second round pick. If GC cough up anymore than that, then we are seriously not looking to the future. He could be anything though, and Id be feeling a tad nervous if I was an Adelaide fan.

First and second round pick. If GC cough up anymore than that, then we are seriously not looking to the future. He could be anything though, and Id be feeling a tad nervous if I was an Adelaide fan.

Of course we're nervous. He's a once in a generation forward for us I can pretty much confidently say. There aren't many 201cm beasts who can move like midfielders that can play FF, CHF or Ruck. I'm confident we can re-sign him though.

LMAO at person who said Tippett is worth #1 pick!

Man so many of the Crows young players have been talked up over the years (of course this is because I'm in Adelaide).

Funny how you talk down every "bird in the bush" that's not playing for Adelaide like they're worth nothing more than a 3rd rounder but talk up your own like he's worth pick 2 AND 3.;)

Possibly the dumbest post in BigFooty history?

Do you even know what the phrase "a bird in the hand beats two in the bush" means?

By very definition if the bird is in the bush they can't be playing for Adelaide. And how can Tippett be a bird in the bush while simultaneously playing for Adelaide?

Honestly, how old are you?

Possibly the dumbest post in BigFooty history?

Do you even know what the phrase "a bird in the hand beats two in the bush" means?

By very definition if the bird is in the bush they can't be playing for Adelaide. And how can Tippett be a bird in the bush while simultaneously playing for Adelaide?

Honestly, how old are you?

LMAO
You make a childish post like that and then ask ME how old I am :rolleyes:

If you had even half a brain you'd realise that I actually meant "bird in the hand" but accidently typed "bush" instead. I'd say you're possibly the least perceptive member in BigFooty history but why should I use superlatives when you're really no more or less than the average child on here.

A much smarter and more mature way for you to respond would be to say something like "I assume you meant hand and not bush" and then actually respond to the essence of what I was obviously trying to say.

But instead you prove yourself to be nothing more than the run-of-the-mill BigFooty troll :thumbsdown:

LMAO at person who said Tippett is worth #1 pick!

Man so many of the Crows young players have been talked up over the years (of course this is because I'm in Adelaide).

hahaha he would EASILY be worth pick 1.

Pick 1 is just a chance to have the first crack at a bunce of untried kids.

I would much rather the 22 year old 201cm full forward who has already shown he has a massive future at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back