Kyabram DFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lanky need height, gigs height in forward line hurt lanky early. In saying that gig had lanky covered for long periods but probably didn’t get the job done. Lanky were going to have there spell at some stage and took advantage when they did
Agree with all that Mitch. But also believe Gig over pocessed the footy and didn’t use that forward line height you mentioned to their advantage Lancy showed some real G and D in that last quarter Big game this week gig and Dookie you’d think a must win for both to stay in touch for finals!!!

Agree with all that Mitch. But also believe Gig over pocessed the footy and didn’t use that forward line height you mentioned to their advantage Lancy showed some real G and D in that last quarter Big game this week gig and Dookie you’d think a must win for both to stay in touch for finals!!!
Pretty interesting for spots in KD finals this year. Last year teams were making up numbers for a finals berth; this year clubs have to earn it. Adds some excitement to the comp I believe!

Gig didn’t have the polish but Kirkhofer and Dalziel caused lanky’s Small backline plenty of trouble. Dalziel is over 40! I put it to Mick pell that maybe him and I should come out of retirement!

Pretty interesting for spots in KD finals this year. Last year teams were making up numbers for a finals berth; this year clubs have to earn it. Adds some excitement to the comp I believe!
Good to see Undera throwing there hat in the ring Wouldn’t have been to many predict they would be a finals chance at the start of the season

How do u figure by saying gig didn’t use the height to there advantage? 8 of there 13 goals come from there talls? It made Lanky do a few changes. Torney was getting killed ealry they had to take him off and then put him down forward.

I do agree with u with gig over possession the footy at stages. Overall It was a really good game with gig just out of rotations and only 1 on the bench for the second half. Credit to Lanky grinding it out to the end! Exciting future if they all stay I reckon there would be 3 or 4 players in that side over 21

How do u figure by saying gig didn’t use the height to there advantage? 8 of there 13 goals come from there talls? It made Lanky do a few changes. Torney was getting killed ealry they had to take him off and then put him down forward.

I do agree with u with gig over possession the footy at stages. Overall It was a really good game with gig just out of rotations and only 1 on the bench for the second half. Credit to Lanky grinding it out to the end! Exciting future if they all stay I reckon there would be 3 or 4 players in that side over 21
Gotta give credit when its due, lanky backs to the wall being 4 goals down at the start of the third quarter. They may be small, but the way they transitioned the footy cut gig into pieces

Gotta give credit when its due, lanky backs to the wall being 4 goals down at the start of the third quarter. They may be small, but the way they transitioned the footy cut gig into pieces
Old school footy would of slowed Lanky down, ( man up) lots of very loose men running wide and hanging back getting the cheap kick waiting on gig to turn the ball over, and it happened a lot, how many goals did Number 12 get from being the only player in the forward 50 ? Several times ?

Old school footy would of slowed Lanky down, ( man up) lots of very loose men running wide and hanging back getting the cheap kick waiting on gig to turn the ball over, and it happened a lot, how many goals did Number 12 get from being the only player in the forward 50 ? Several times ?
Nah mate 16 kicked 7

I think lanky were more direct when switching play, if wide one kick to centre then long kick into forward line which opened up game for them. Where as gig kicked right across ground which takes 2 or 3 kicks in which time lanky could get more players back to help out with lack of height.
I don’t agree with the call of a bloke in forward 50 by himself getting “cheap kicks”. If your opponent is dumb enough to get sucked into the honeypot and leave you alone goal after goal, he probably shouldn’t be playing backline!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just reading up on some potential league changes in the south eastern/Yarra ranges side of Melbourne and thinking out aloud, and given the Picola stuff earlier in year are AFL Goulburn Murray looking into any re-jigging?

14 clubs with no way of having a near even fixture, would a few more clubs give potential to a two-tier KDFL or something along them lines? No matter where ya go for a local footy fix the conversations seem similar but no one in authority or position of power seem to be included or lent on for counsel.

Again just thinking out aloud ....

Just reading up on some potential league changes in the south eastern/Yarra ranges side of Melbourne and thinking out aloud, and given the Picola stuff earlier in year are AFL Goulburn Murray looking into any re-jigging?

14 clubs with no way of having a near even fixture, would a few more clubs give potential to a two-tier KDFL or something along them lines? No matter where ya go for a local footy fix the conversations seem similar but no one in authority or position of power seem to be included or lent on for counsel.

Again just thinking out aloud ....
Wouldn't be surprised if the KDL is 9 clubs with no thirds in 2019 , or 2 x 9 comps one with no thirds

I think lanky were more direct when switching play, if wide one kick to centre then long kick into forward line which opened up game for them. Where as gig kicked right across ground which takes 2 or 3 kicks in which time lanky could get more players back to help out with lack of height.
I don’t agree with the call of a bloke in forward 50 by himself getting “cheap kicks”. If your opponent is dumb enough to get sucked into the honeypot and leave you alone goal after goal, he probably shouldn’t be playing backline!
Who played on needle ? We are still trying to work it out
Good young player always working hard to improve

More chance of a 2nd division in the Murray League, I can see a few KDNFL clubs keen on the MFL strucure.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Big show your a tally man yeah? How’s the depth looking after the weekend? Few injuries from what I seen? Sidebottom- shoulder Handley-hamstring McFarlane-elbow/forearm..?

Game of the round for me this week, lanky v tally

Big show your a tally man yeah? How’s the depth looking after the weekend? Few injuries from what I seen? Sidebottom- shoulder Handley-hamstring McFarlane-elbow/forearm..?

Game of the round for me this week, lanky v tally
I think Yendor is a Tally fan too! He could give us some injury and form updates, but he is a bit tight lipped with info, just like his wallet. Prove me wrong by shouting me a coffee when the Bats come to play! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back