Kyabram DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps we need to communicate that better.

Clubs can opt to increase their coverage so that your standard ACL will get some funds back. I’d suggest that more clubs look at doing this as usually you’d have a player per year needing this assistance.
Geez I wish I had that one a few times!
There is an option for income protection insurance, covers for 80% of wage
It’s ridiculous that full cover isn’t covered by the AFL , both injury and wage . They proclaim they are putting into footy , well let’s see it in a meaningful manner rather than increasing wages . Aka pissing in pocket and suggesting it’s raining .

It’s ridiculous that full cover isn’t covered by the AFL , both injury and wage . They proclaim they are putting into footy , well let’s see it in a meaningful manner rather than increasing wages . Aka pissing in pocket and suggesting it’s raining .
I agree, it should be the default.

You’re spot on. If there was an increase in player protection on wages etc. I can guarantee there would be a higher player retention rate everywhere. A lot of players especially with young families choose to work over the risk of footy, no matter how big their match payments are.

You’re spot on. If there was an increase in player protection on wages etc. I can guarantee there would be a higher player retention rate everywhere. A lot of players especially with young families choose to work over the risk of footy, no matter how big their match payments are.
Best Bet from my opinion done more like Netball Side where VNA is paid directly to Netball Vic and that covers your insurance. ensures everyone is paying there fair share and then clubs can add their own membership portion. and surely wouldn't be hard for players to opt to increase cover themselves this way then it falls back on the individual to make the decision not the clubs. increasing cover outside the bronze silver etc is on an indiviual basis. theres enough admin on clubs already

Tbh since AFL dropped their affiliation costs a few years ago the difference in price between the AFL’s minimum cover Silver is slightly dearer for the exact same cover elsewhere but no where the saving that was to be had years ago . There is some slight wording such as up to an amount included in the AFL policy whereas others simply have the top end of that as a fixed payment. Marsh ( AFL’s insurer ) is however apparently quite a bit dearer when you start adding extra’s such as opting for higher cover or wage insurance etc etc Also the claim times with Marsh can be up 6 weeks , others it only takes minutes .

A lot of rumours coming out that Jye Borg is looking fit down at Murchison lost a lot of weight and is flying will be the key for down back this year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has the KDL taken any action in regard to Lancaster and their behavior in the past two grand finals? two all in brawls in two years not a good look for league and club

The eve of the new season and the league is again dealing with the disruption of a ops manager leaving .
How many is that in the time has been administered by AFLGM 6 , 7 ?
Will the clubs get a reduction of the new increased admin fee for the time that the league doesn’t have a dedicated ops manager ?

The eve of the new season and the league is again dealing with the disruption of a ops manager leaving .
Will the clubs get a reduction of the new increased admin fee for the time that the league doesn’t have a dedicated ops manager ?

Over the past 8 years; Grant Wilson, Sharon O’Dwyer, Nate Dedman, Ted Lindon, Julian Perta, and Tom Favaro.

Did I miss any?

The GMJL ops manager also resigned recently. Who is handling these leagues

Heard my swanny boys had a good win against Lancefield tonight
No scoreboard but 5-6 goal win At a total guess, slow start but took control after Qtr time . game called off start of last quarter as the umpire got knocked over and concussed accidentally. No umpiring for 21 days.. It was probably enough in the heat anyway… Each side had 30ish players, I would assume a mix of 1s and 2s as Avenal definitely had some players who won’t be running out at 2:00 throughout the year. Myers impressive, both Avola’s good enough . Avenal look to be improvers

What other practice games are coming up? Footy is well and truely back. Good to have some footy talk back on this thread.. Over all the league committee meeting talk

Toobarac pub on the way home… one of the best getting around

No scoreboard but 5-6 goal win At a total guess, slow start but took control after Qtr time . game called off start of last quarter as the umpire got knocked over and concussed accidentally. No umpiring for 21 days.. It was probably enough in the heat anyway… Each side had 30ish players, I would assume a mix of 1s and 2s as Avenal definitely had some players who won’t be running out at 2:00 throughout the year. Myers impressive, both Avola’s good enough . Avenal look to be improvers

What other practice games are coming up? Footy is well and truely back. Good to have some footy talk back on this thread.. Over all the league committee meeting talk

Toobarac pub on the way home… one of the best getting around
Can’t take you seriously until you spell AVENEL properly mate. The boys missed finals for the first time since 2013, would be nice to see them back in the mix. Always be hard for them against the bigger higher salary teams, but Joey has done a ripper job as president. Hopefully they have juniors on the park as well. Can’t believe he got Seymour kfc on as a sponsor, I tried that for 5 years!

Can’t take you seriously until you spell AVENEL properly mate. The boys missed finals for the first time since 2013, would be nice to see them back in the mix. Always be hard for them against the bigger higher salary teams, but Joey has done a ripper job as president. Hopefully they have juniors on the park as well. Can’t believe he got Seymour kfc on as a sponsor, I tried that for 5 years!
‘Against the bigger higher salary teams”
I thought most clubs would be able to raise enough revenue to spend near the cap amount? Is this not the case?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back