Welcome Kyle Hartigan joins the Hawks in a trade from the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Frawley = retired
Stratton = Retired
Sicily = ACL for 2021
Kosi = Unknown quantity

And people think we don't need a big bodied defender?

Remember folks, competence does not mean one has to be brilliant.

Hartigan may not be Messrs Mew and Langford, but if he can contest with the big units up forward, then he plugs a gap on the cheap.

Picking up a free agent must mean we know Izzy’s intentions
Or we know or have been given some idea what his compensation will be.

Edit.
Geez I hate it when I make up for lost time in a thread, comment on a post only to find someone has beaten you to the punch.
Damn you Millsie69

Who knows what other options are available, but my point that he's not free if Smith leaves. He then has a cost.

thats if we would have gotten anything for smith anyway. Izzy was never going to get us a band 1 to band 3 compo pick. anything after that is just a token pick. we get a defender to cover chip for what is effectively a break even situation, add in the potential of getting Downie for cheap, we are probably in front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is really, really bad.

The club has to recruit a backman who is 29 years old and at best a plodder because we don't have anyone else better on our list to fill the role? There's no one better internally than a 29 year old Hartigan? How can there be no one else?

Best of luck to him, but wow.

This is sh1thouse.....

The club has to recruit a backman who is 29 years old and at best a plodder because we don't have anyone else better on our list to fill the role? There's no one better internally than a 29 year old Hartigan? How can there be no one else?

This is sh1thouse.....
Same thing said about Hendo at the time.

Recruiting a 29yo delisted winger when we had kids like Hartung,Lovell, etc waiting in the wings....

I

This is sh1thouse.....
Really curious how everyone acting like this is doomsday would react if Koschitzke was thrown in next year and was Zac Dawson’d...they might still play Koschitzke over him? If they were paying top dollar for him and overpaying u would understand the feeling a bit more but hard to see them paying him a big number. Was originally a three year deal now they reporting it as a at minimum two year deal. If he plays next year and Koschitzke is ready the year after then what’s the problem?

been a contributor at Adelaide and has the size and strength to fill a position of need for us. Reality of all sports are that entire lists aren’t made up of stars, role players can be just as important and aren’t worth throwing the toys out of the cot

If Hartigan wants to come back to Melbourne and wants to join the hawks, I'm fine with that.

He is still 28, turn 29 in April.

Chip was good for us but with all the migraines, back issues, he retired whilst 32 years old.

Hawks get a stopper to play on bigger guys as he's 98kg.

A role player at a reasonable contract is what the club needs for now, especially as Sicily is out for next year.

Same junior club as Sicily is a trivia answer.

Some wanted Corr who is reported as possibly getting 600k so cost wise this works.

If a bloke wants to come and help out the defenders, its a need for the team, so am open-minded for 2021.

Go Hawks!!!

This is sh1thouse.....
To be fair, once Corr chose North over us, what option did we have?

We needed another key defender on the list with Chip retiring, I just wish it was someone with some upside that could potentially play in our next team that challengers for a flag. Bang average footballer that will be a stop gap solution for a couple of years is all it is.

Frawley = retired
Stratton = Retired
Sicily = ACL for 2021
Kosi = Unknown quantity

And people think we don't need a big bodied defender?

Remember folks, competence does not mean one has to be brilliant.

Hartigan may not be Messrs Mew and Langford, but if he can contest with the big units up forward, then he plugs a gap on the cheap.
I don't think people are suggesting we don't need a big bodied defender. I think people are saying that Hartigan isn't good enough. I tend to agree that he isn't that good & surely there was someone better available that we could get. Happy to be proven wrong but I'm not holding my breath on him to be a good player for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back