News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
$$$$$$. Chris Fagan and a good young group.
Brisbane look ready to take off IMO
Still doesn't make sense. Why not wait a year, when multiple clubs can bid on you? If Brisbane think you're worth $Y, then it's possible there's another club that can offer the same or more. At worst under RFA, you get $Y and stay at Freo, which only sucks if you don't want to play for Freo. It's possible you still get $Y to play for Brisbane, or someone else, let's say GWS, offer you 1.5 x $Y, and you choose them.

If it is true, there is something wrong.

Would be a terrible move.

Pick 4 is still a lottery and Lachie Neale is proven and still has six years of very good football left. Considering he's never been able to rely on speed or anything, he'll probably be a good player into his 30s as well.

Mature head, he's been really underrated lately, and like Barlow he's one of those guys who doesn't do the flashy things but he's a workhorse in the midfield and as soon as you take him out you notice it. He's the second string in those chains out of the ruck and that's invaluable. Fans seem to have softened on him in the last year or two but seriously, didn't he break the disposal record when we were s**t? He's a great player and a future captain.

Maybe the scariest part of this is a kid from country South Australia who has a Western Australian fiancé and can write his own checks at Freo forever, sees living in Brisbane and playing for the Lions as an upgrade. Fact is, Brisbane have way way more upside and potential than Freo do. And will be challenging for flags sooner.
The key is the WA Fiance. If she is close to her family especially her mum then Lachie isn't going anywhere. Mums & daughters!! I think one of the reasons Pav stayed was his fiance then wife was local. Then again the club bean counters would look at pick 4 and knowing they can trade pick 5 for Lobb, McGovern or Hogan to shore up our Forward structure.

I don't know. I just want us to win. Not become a percentage booster for the league.

Yeah I totally get it, and I don’t want that either, and at the risk of being repetitive, my apologies, but we are already a league footstep. Mundy could very well win our best and fairest, sandi is still our best ruckman, did balla win our leading goal kicker? Or come second.... either way you see my point?

Our backline I think is elite, but our midfield is lacking skill and killer instinct and our forward line is a Bermuda Triangle (thanks bond and Lloyd, you can both eat a gigantic bag of dicks)

If cerra doesn’t commit... by god we are in trouble

As a Brisbane fan I respect the Fremantle top talent a lot. Fyfe, Neale, Mundy, Hill boys. Just nothing else after that. For a trade for what I believe is your second best player, I would say something along the lines of Brisbane Pick 4 & 22 for Neale or Would the Freo fans rather Pick 4 & a player like Cox/Robertson

As a Brisbane fan I respect the Fremantle top talent a lot. Fyfe, Neale, Mundy, Hill boys. Just nothing else after that. For a trade for what I believe is your second best player, I would say something along the lines of Brisbane Pick 4 & 22 for Neale or Would the Freo fans rather Pick 4 & a player like Cox/Robertson

I’ve got no interest in cox (of any kind ) or robertson, it would have to be 22 with it for me

Honestly I’d rather the player. Pick 22 could be a dud.

Lobb: got worse when the Giants did, very very soft and shits himself under the ball, and we should have gotten him when he was trotting around for Swans.

McGovern: Freo fans have this uppity thing now where, because he said no to us once and his brother did, we don't want him. Truth is he's a very good player and would be a great foil to Cox and help McCarthy. But pick 5? No way.

Hogan: never capitalised on his potential and plenty more Dees have overtaken him. Not that good at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lobb: got worse when the Giants did, very very soft and shits himself under the ball, and we should have gotten him when he was trotting around for Swans.

McGovern: Freo fans have this uppity thing now where, because he said no to us once and his brother did, we don't want him. Truth is he's a very good player and would be a great foil to Cox and help McCarthy. But pick 5? No way.

Hogan: never capitalised on his potential and plenty more Dees have overtaken him. Not that good at all.

I’d love McGovern.. but anyone who thinks he is coming back to the wa and is not playing with his brother is as delusional as those thinking Jeremy was going to jump ship to freo. Never. Going. To. Happen

Here's the starting point for any trade:
"ADAM Treloar is finally a Magpie after Collingwood and Greater Western Sydney concluded their protracted trade negotiations for the young star on Wednesday afternoon.

As expected, Collingwood gave up its first-round picks this year (No.7 overall) and next year's first pick for Treloar, while it also gave No.65 to the Giants.

In addition to Treloar, the Giants also passed their second-round draft pick this year (No.28 overall) back to the Pies."

Here's the starting point for any trade:
"ADAM Treloar is finally a Magpie after Collingwood and Greater Western Sydney concluded their protracted trade negotiations for the young star on Wednesday afternoon.

As expected, Collingwood gave up its first-round picks this year (No.7 overall) and next year's first pick for Treloar, while it also gave No.65 to the Giants.

In addition to Treloar, the Giants also passed their second-round draft pick this year (No.28 overall) back to the Pies."

That’s what we should be pushing for... but treloar is younger and more talented than lachie. Don’t think it will happen

Pick 4 and Steak Knives in exchange for Neale.

Give pick 5 to Geelong and get Kelly and their first rounder.

I honestly hope Neale stays. He’s our best clearance player.
You need to net 2 quality players for Neale to make it worth while. Or a pick 4 and Kelly or another top end talent

Pick 4 and Steak Knives in exchange for Neale.

Give pick 5 to Geelong and get Kelly and their first rounder.

I honestly hope Neale stays. He’s our best clearance player.

I think that pick 5 for Kelly and their 1st is so unlikely to happen that the next person who mentions it should get a ban for a week. It's not the only way to look at a trade but looking at the draft calculator it values Kelly at pick 34.

Why the hell would Geelong do that?

Christ. What a load of s**t. McGovern can only perform in the same role as McCarthy. No one is "uppity" about not wanting him because he chose a Grand Final tilt after missing out - we don't want him because he's not a 1st target, his form isn't stable and he's not worth the currency we have now compared to 12 months ago. Cox has already passed him and McCarthy showed his capability in the little time we fielded a three tall forward structure. You do realize he was drafted late too? You do realize that's because he isn't as versatile as our current options?

"I have never asked for a trade away from the Lions and would like to put an end to any speculation over my playing future. I will be seeing out my contract here."

- Dayne Beams isn't going anywhere.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think that pick 5 for Kelly and their 1st is so unlikely to happen that the next person who mentions it should get a ban for a week. It's not the only way to look at a trade but looking at the draft calculator it values Kelly at pick 34.

Why the hell would Geelong do that?
All depends where Geelong ends up after Finals. Might be worth a lot more, plus They wont have a chance at a Tomahawk replacement (King) at their current pick

Still doesn't make sense. Why not wait a year, when multiple clubs can bid on you? If Brisbane think you're worth $Y, then it's possible there's another club that can offer the same or more. At worst under RFA, you get $Y and stay at Freo, which only sucks if you don't want to play for Freo. It's possible you still get $Y to play for Brisbane, or someone else, let's say GWS, offer you 1.5 x $Y, and you choose them.

If it is true, there is something wrong.

A month or so ago noble said that we are becoming a destination club - management for some genuine a grade players had made inquiries about our interest. Might be dollars, or like what they see developing at the club, or ... To be honest I was a little skeptical cause of, well the many who have wanted out. If this rumour is true and he moves I'll be keen to hear the reasoning behind it.

I think pick four and a player like Robertson (has mongrel team spirit covered) as one of our best 22 or Starcevich who is emerging. Both are local wa boys which does count for stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back