News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How many pages will this get to before there is any substantive confirmation?

For this time of year where nothing is confirmed with this kind of stuff I'd suggest the official AFL website saying that he has approached the club is about as good a source as you are going to get.

It's not like it's a sketchy Facebook post doing the rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a lot of money on the table at Freo at the moment. Neale and his manager know this.

It's not like WC and Gaff, next year we'll still have the money to match any offer from Brisbane so there isn't any scenario where we're only accepting a compo pick like WC might have to with Gaff.

Pick 4 and their 2019 1st rounder would be the asking price. Next year we'd still be in a position to get a better return than a single pick due to having the funds to match.

Now I think there is little chance of this happening. No way Bond/Rosich/Ross will have Mundy and Neale leaving so close to one another. Neale is our most reliable ball winner and has a body that can handle a full season. If he goes it puts our rebuild back at least 2yrs. If we don't make a significant move up the ladder next year and get close to finals then Ross/Bond will be under immense pressure. Pressure I don't think Bond could survive, pressure I'm certain that Ross couldn't survive. Neale is a massive part of our rebuild, our 2nd best midfielder.

Fagan will be happy to give up overs in picks for Neale. Like Clarko he knows winning flags isn't about building a collection of picks but a collection of players like Neale, players that can reliably win their position.

No from me, I'd rather keep him and show him some extra dollars. I want to start winning finals not winning the off-season.

For this time of year where nothing is confirmed with this kind of stuff I'd suggest the official AFL website saying that he has approached the club is about as good a source as you are going to get.

It's not like it's a sketchy Facebook post doing the rounds.
The article begins with 'understands' so it's in the Hagdorn category for now.

It's just such a weird trade. I can see why Brisbane would be into him, but it makes no sense for Neale. Why not wait a year and let yourself get bid on by the open market? Why would a South Australian based in Perth move to Brisbane? Why the Lions of all teams, who have won fewer games than us, and arguably have a lower profile? If he wants to leave, why not a Victorian team? I hear North Melbourne are interested. They have a war chest.

Does Queensland offer tax breaks on dudes named Lachie?

There is a lot of money on the table at Freo at the moment. Neale and his manager know this.

It's not like WC and Gaff, next year we'll still have the money to match any offer from Brisbane so there isn't any scenario where we're only accepting a compo pick like WC might have to with Gaff.

Pick 4 and their 2019 1st rounder would be the asking price. Next year we'd still be in a position to get a better return than a single pick due to having the funds to match.

Now I think there is little chance of this happening. No way Bond/Rosich/Ross will have Mundy and Neale leaving so close to one another. Neale is our most reliable ball winner and has a body that can handle a full season. If he goes it puts our rebuild back at least 2yrs. If we don't make a significant move up the ladder next year and get close to finals then Ross/Bond will be under immense pressure. Pressure I don't think Bond could survive, pressure I'm certain that Ross couldn't survive. Neale is a massive part of our rebuild, our 2nd best midfielder.

Fagan will be happy to give up overs in picks for Neale. Like Clarko he knows winning flags isn't about building a collection of picks but a collection of players like Neale, players that can reliably win their position.

No from me, I'd rather keep him and show him some extra dollars. I want to start winning finals not winning the off-season.

Whilst I understand, I don’t see how it would put our rebuild back 2 years. We won’t be competitive and looking at finals in the next three years at which time neale will be 29 going on 30 with a battered midfielders body.

A true disaster would be us having to take pick 20 for him or the like in fa next year

Neale has only ever known Lyon as a coach.

If Lyon was the man managing genius, nice guy, and respected bloke people on here reckon he is then... wouldn't he want to stay?

People bring up Hawthorn but how many of their players want to leave? Hodge didn't get a new contract, Lewis was told he wouldn't be getting games automatically... this is not the same.

The article begins with 'understands' so it's in the Hagdorn category for now.

It's just such a weird trade. I can see why Brisbane would be into him, but it makes no sense for Neale. Why not wait a year and let yourself get bid on by the open market? Why would a South Australian based in Perth move to Brisbane? Why the Lions, who have won fewer games than us?

Does Queensland offer tax breaks on dudes named Lachie?

$$$$$$. Chris Fagan and a good young group.
Brisbane look ready to take off IMO

Neither Adelaide side have the future that brissy do imo... honestly with their swag of younglings, why wouldn’t he want to go there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back