News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt. I said the same thing in the post you quoted. Just saying that quotes from CEOs and such mean about as much as the rumours at this point.
No they don't. If he wasn' confident he would say so. He told us Weller wanted out and also Crozier. We wouldn't accept being mislead when all he needs to say is we will do whatever we can to keep him.

No they don't. If he wasn' confident he would say so. He told us Weller wanted out and also Crozier. We wouldn't accept being mislead when all he needs to say is we will do whatever we can to keep him.

Yeah they do. At what point de he tell you Weller and Crozier wanted out? Did he say stuff about them being contracted or required players first? It's just posturing. You guys no doubt want to keep him and there's still a high chance you will, but even if there wasn't it's extremely rare for a CEO to concede a contracted player is gone or looking out before trades open up and the player declares their intentions to the media through their manager.

Yeah they do. At what point de he tell you Weller and Crozier wanted out? Did he say stuff about them being contracted or required players first? It's just posturing. You guys no doubt want to keep him and there's still a high chance you will, but even if there wasn't it's extremely rare for a CEO to concede a contracted player is gone or looking out before trades open up and the player declares their intentions to the media through their manager.

I can’t remember Crozier, but pretty much as soon as news broke that Weller was looking to move, the club confirmed it and said we wanted to keep him.
They generally have a history of being up front with this stuff.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

think scon's tongue was firmly embedded in his cheek
:thumbsu:

Yeah westy poked right through.

Can't believe I wasted time reading this crap.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apologies hoss.
I'd read 20 odd pages of the thread,my brain was bleeding and thought fantasy gibberish was par, so doubled down with more of the same.
Should have put the s**t symbol on it.
I'll do that now.

Lost me with this:
Sam McClure was a good player for Carlton.
Sam McClure is 27 years old and never played a game of football. He also makes a stack of s*#t up as is the want for Most football wannabe journalists. Not as bad as Hackdorn but not far short.

Mark McClure played for Carlton and is on AFL 360 but Mark hasn’t made a single comment about Lachie Neale.

As above koops, I was pissing about.

Sam McClure farted; the thread started, soon after 1+1 became 12.

Sam's 'it is understood Neale is interested in a move to Brisbane...' became proof positive of the club's every ailment, ongoing incompetence, atrophied state, Lyon's duplicity, unavoidably dire times ahead.. etc etc.

So yeah my post was full of inaccurate rubbish.

Not meant to be taken seriously in any way.

What might be taken seriously is Duffield, Woewodin and Wheeldon's interview with Steve Rosich on ABC 720 Sportstalk this morning.
From what I remember they began by asking him how many hats he was wearing? Rosich said 2 and that Lloyd was poached.
Already at the shortlist of candidates stage for his replacement.
2018 had wins and losses 16 over 2 years is probably about par for rebuild that began with the 2016 draft and needs to get better.
Lachie Neale is part of the plan.
Rosich spoke with him yesterday and very positive about him staying.Described the rumours circling around as the normal type of thing that happens every year at this time.Don't remember him specifically mentioning Brisbane and Duffield certainly didn't mention any coffee shop meetings.
Always intended to look at Lachie's contract over this off season and that is what they'll be doing.
The norm is for players in his age bracket to look at their long term future.
De Boer etc what was lost?Tough decisions needed to be made to reinvigorate the list with youngsters.
How can we add further best 22 players?Hinted at things options other than the draft but obviously not saying much.
Would you need another top coach?
Lyon is not entirely dominant over other coaches.Collegiate approach with other coaches. As Nat Fyfe said in his recent interview Lyon is not the same coach that he was in 2013. Has evolved and is now the head of a coaching team.

Current review is focussed on Medical but will incorporate other areas.
Asked about Fyfe's recent statements saying he had no issue with skills. Rosich said it was the way players and coaches spoke about it but didn't mean they didn't realise they needed to improve. Stated there had been an enhanced focus on skills this season.Certainly can and needs to improve and it is an area of focus.

Players delistings haven't been finalised til they know who's coming and how many.Said something about 'both on and off the field'?Probably player delisting announcements both before and after trade period.
After the bye soft tissue was and issue.Finding out why is the first step in the review which is underway.
Didn't say who but said as they do with other assessments outsiders were involved in the review.
Rosich hopeful can have list manager in place before draft.
Reality is work was mostly done May and July/Walls is still driving it.
Only thing that has changed is Rosich is speaking more to player managers.Always been involved in the list management so no big deal.
Hayden/Aaron re-signed as much for what they bring off as on the field.

Bennell and McCarthy both talented but haven't presented their best yet but the club is focused on the encouraging them to take every opportunity.
Sunshine needs improved continuity of training.His underperformance was part team make up (better as third tall) and part Cam.
Cerra talks will take the time they take. Adam has stuck to his word that he wanted to focus on his game for the season and we'll sit down with his manager in the off season as arranged.

Price hikes seating for long term members.Prices have been stabilised.Vast majority of members won't have increases.
About 300 seats have been reclassified and involve price increase.1500 seats will be reclassified and price drop.
Dockers 4th most popular club judged by attendances.

EDIT: I think I must have missed a metric or something here. Whatever it was it was member numbers/attendance and the Eagles were first and us 4th.
Believes club can increase numbers.
Cat 3 Cat 4 reclassification is for the long term set up of the stadium.

Club has operated at a profit/ despite considerable investments in footy programmes, including $600,000 to AFLW I think he said.
Cockburn fabulous facility 1.6/7 million visitors through the place per year.
Great foundation for all football operations for the next 50 years.
2019 should show improvement.Plan is still in place but the commercial and fan base reality is we also need to get wins.
Good preseason is the basis.

They also played Lachie's interview after the Collingwood game where he was talking about loving his teaching role with the new recruits and how after his wedding and honeymoon he was looking forward to getting a full preseason and focus on the things the group needed to work on for next year.

Last edited:
I can’t remember Crozier, but pretty much as soon as news broke that Weller was looking to move, the club confirmed it and said we wanted to keep him.
They generally have a history of being up front with this stuff.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If the club has a history of being open and transparent with supporters in regards to trades then fair enough. I can't admit to knowing much of Rosich's history with talking about players and their futures but historically I'd say he'd be an exception if he has always been open. He sounds like Christopher Walken with all the pauses when quizzed of Neale in that interview but you guys would know him better than I would.

You’re excused, your post has confused me. Midfield is the most critical part of winning a premiership as stated and tigers and eagles do have better midfield than the Cats. Apologies for rating Kelly lower than scooter, he’s the fifth best midfield player in an 8th position team.
so you rate tigers & west coast midfield above geelong's?
and scott selwood over tim kelly?
NSIS
backlines & forwards a different story & what I am leading to is that perhaps midfield strength is not the be all an end all we have been looking at for the past 10+ yeras

Last edited:
Richmond have the best defensive midfielder (Cotchin) in the game, as well as the best defensive midfield unit

Geelong have one of the worst, hence why they get pumped in the middle most weeks til they come up to a weak one like ours and destroy
the best defensive mid must surely be Coniglio, but his team are always seen as frontrunners
and if we are going by the other poster's terms, at least the cats have s selwood who is primarily a defensive mid due to a lack of attacking skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so you rate tigers & west coast midfield above geelong's?
and scott selwood over tim kelly?
NSIS
backlines & forwards a different story & what I am leading to is that perhaps midfield strength is not the be all an end all we have been looking at for the past 10+ yeras

Yes. Tigers eagles bothe have better midfields than Geelong. That’s why they came 1st and 2nd. Simple reason they run both ways.

Dangerfield, Selwood, Ablett, Duncan then Kelly. He’s the 5th best midfielder in that 8th position side is what is stated.

There's something so tempting though about having two picks inside 5 two years in a row. That is Brisbane Lions stuff. We've got our Voss and Black, just need our Acka and J Brown.

Article in the West say Rosich confident Neale and Cerra will extend
Good to get it in writing so when they don't the campaigner can just fall on his sword

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

As above koops, I was pissing about.

Sam McClure farted; the thread started, soon after 1+1 became 12.

Sam's 'it is understood Neale is interested in a move to Brisbane...'
Fair enough I thought as much.

I’m not a fan of Sam. It’s all about click bait for him and loves to sprout BS without a care in the world. Whereas Mark is all old school and calls a spade a spade and couldn’t care less about his profile or number of twitter posts/likes.

I heard Rosich in 6PR. Said exactly the same as ABC. Although Crumpets had the cheek to ask a couple of pathetic questions.

1. The Brad Hill rumour won’t go away so is he leaving the club...
2. Do Fyfe and Neale get along...

Absolute toss bag he is.

Yes. Tigers eagles bothe have better midfields than Geelong. That’s why they came 1st and 2nd. Simple reason they run both ways.

Dangerfield, Selwood, Ablett, Duncan then Kelly. He’s the 5th best midfielder in that 8th position side is what is stated.

It's all about structure and their ability to perform. The fact the Tigs and Eagles finished 1st and 2nd has nothing to with having better mids than Geelong, (because they dont,) it's because they have a better set up and are able to execute it week on week!

Dangerfield, JSelwood, Ablett, Duncan, Kelly, Menegola, SSelwood, Parfitt and young Fogerty, yikes...

There's something so tempting though about having two picks inside 5 two years in a row. That is Brisbane Lions stuff. We've got our Voss and Black, just need our Acka and J Brown.
Problem is they won't be Acka and Brown for another 3-4 years.

He is the missed opportunity that I will never forgive Freo for. Father son pick under our nose and we ficked it up.

Out of all the posts I have read, this is the truth. Albany boys, Bootsma, with Freo links there to inform. The sheer dominance they had in that comp and ignored.

Hysteria 101

#2 Kelly - good luck to Geelong - this argument that another "jet" gets under the radar. Well WCE did not take either. Also I wonder how he would go at Freo. Geelong nearly missed the finals altogether with Danger, Ablett, Selwood, Ringo (Duncan), Menegola and others.
We had Lachie Neale and Mundy + Juniors. Not sure if Kelly would have carried the team. I could be wrong.

Port dropped SPP for critical back end games (the one WA clubs missed again), and they also missed finals.
So how do we stand?

I think hysteria 101 tells us that keeping calm is the key. Good decisions, like the Lachie Weller one.

We got Lachie in the 50's. That is a win.
Fyfe at 17 is a win.

We can cry at misses, but there are 18 clubs that get the opportunity to make a mistake. I laugh at the prospect of those that say I know this guy would be a champion. Can you imagine those that did not become champions. For example, Morabito was the perfect pick. He looked like the next Adam Goodes. Injury shot him down, and that was it.

The draft is hard, it is easy in hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back