Last 12 vs First 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Just thought I would have a look at the statistical data between the way Hansen performed towards the end of last year in comparison to the way Drew performed at the start of this year

Kicks per game
Hansen 8.75
Petrie 10.9

Marks per game
Hansen 6.25
Petrie 6.5

Disposals per game
Hansen 13.3
Petrie 14.9

Goals per game
Hansen 1.9
Petrie 2.3

Scoring shots
Hansen 3.1
Petrie 4.2

Goal Accuracy
Hansen 62%
Petrie 56%

He never looked serious in any of those games though, so they dont count.

It's ridiculous. Memory of a goldfish.

Equally ridiculous are people not acknowledging that he has been nowhere near that form in 2011.

2010 shows what he is capable of, but also that he is really under-performing in 2011.

Hope it this this weekend. And yes, he does need some more desperation about his game - something he could certainly model off Drew.

Equally ridiculous are people not acknowledging that he has been nowhere near that form in 2011.

2010 shows what he is capable of, but also that he is really under-performing in 2011.

Hope it this this weekend. And yes, he does need some more desperation about his game - something he could certainly model off Drew.

I have completely acknowledged that. At no point have I claimed he is in form. He's just not nearly as out of form as everyone seems to think and most of the abuse and hate towards him is not only almost completely unfounded but unhealthy for a developing player, and it really exposes the shitty attitudes of some of our supporters. We give Essendon supporters s**t for the way they treat Stanton, but how are we any different?

I have completely acknowledged that. At no point have I claimed he is in form. He's just not nearly as out of form as everyone seems to think and most of the abuse and hate towards him is not only almost completely unfounded but unhealthy for a developing player, and it really exposes the shitty attitudes of some of our supporters. We give Essendon supporters s**t for the way they treat Stanton, but how are we any different?

To be honest, I haven't seen much hate on here.

But I have seen a lot of overly dramatic reactions whenever someone suggests he might need a run in the twos.

Surprisingly not everyone does.

Statistics mean next to naught if you don't consider context. Hansen was producing some good numbers and I was very impressed with his work in the forward line in the second half last year. Playing 12-14 games in the forward line and kicking 20+ goals is a great effort by anyone's standards.

Drew has been great this year, in the top 3 most important players in our side this year. A lot of that comes down to experience, the fact that he is 5+ years older than Hansen. I just don't get how you could even try to say that Hansen's effort in the second half last year, could compare to the effect Drew is having this year. And yes, midfield improvement and team structure plays a part in this. Hansen is one of my favourite players and he will be a ripper of a player. But, Petrie's affect on the team, his contested marking, work ethic, charisma, leadership make any statistical comparison to Hansen's game redundant. Stupid comparison really. Yes, both player's outputs are similar statistically as you say. However, a huge gap exists between their respective statistics impact on games, both in terms of scoreboard impact and the vicarious effect on other players.

I don't know what the point is, must be some deep seeded irony I am too daft to get.

Perhaps the poorest thread you have started. No disrespect, because you seem to always keep North's interests first with your posts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sitting in on a Bombers game without the Roos was the equivalent of drinking horse urine.

the "Burg made it bearable.

For a half.

Good drop, but nothins that good.

It is yet to be bettered by anything Australian I've drunk. Drank. Drinked. s**t. I dunno. Little Creatures comes close. But wow. Fuelled a whole lot of adventures, did the 1664.

A grand year indeed.:thumbsu:

I've graduated to the Bendigo Waterwheel shiraz now.

Incidentally a company made famous by the manufacture of chook "Layer" pellets.

Make of that what you will.

Granted, I'm not a historian of any significance, but I believe that the invention of the Kronenbourg brand (if it indeed happened in 1664) is the greatest thing to happen in that particular year. Ever.

I've not stopped drinking rum. It is a weakness of mine.

Granted, I'm not a historian of any significance, but I believe that the invention of the Kronenbourg brand (if it indeed happened in 1664) is the greatest thing to happen in that particular year. Ever.

I've not stopped drinking rum. It is a weakness of mine.

Nor an grammarian.

Statistics mean next to naught if you don't consider context.

Such as recognising that one is a kid with limited forward experience and the other a veteran who has played almost 200 games?

Playing 12-14 games in the forward line and kicking 20+ goals is a great effort by anyone's standards.
Agreed so why is it that Lachie is still getting calls about being a dud and has done nothing?

I just don't get how you could even try to say that Hansen's effort in the second half last year, could compare to the effect Drew is having this year.
Why can't I?

But, Petrie's affect on the team, his contested marking, work ethic, charisma, leadership make any statistical comparison to Hansen's game redundant.

Contested marking and charisma? Lachie was leading our contested marking for the majority of the season. While Drew is charismatic, Lachie is considered a clown and a space cadet. Why the two different perceptions?

I don't know what the point is.
You actually helped make the point.

Perhaps the poorest thread you have started. No disrespect, because you seem to always keep North's interests first with your posts.

It's a poor thread because you don't get the point?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back