Leon Cameron - is he the man?

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't find a good enough reason for why he should be retained.

Most experts would say he has got them to prelims and last year a granny so he has the position locked away.

Thing is, there are always games that are totally out of character and they lose when they shouldn't, tonight's loss to the Swans the latest example.

There is a good list to work with but I've never been fully convinced that Leon is the right man to lead them to the promised land.

the only thing he has is he is (which is right) a great man manager with his players. They love him.
We also have made finals and won at least 1 game in each of them since 2016.

Not saying its enough but it is what it is

A good coach would have won you a flag by now.

Almost every supporter base sees this too. I am surprised by GWS supporters not calling for him to be sacked.

the only thing he has is he is (which is right) a great man manager with his players. They love him.

If I got handed a 7 figure contract to cruise around with zero accountability I'd love my coach too.

Said it a million times tonight but don't understand how they've gone from one of the most attacking, free flowing and exciting teams in 16 and 17 to one of the most bland, uninspiring teams of this season. Still think they have more talent than anyone else in the comp but don't utilise it at all.

As much as I hated them at the time, I sort of miss the Orange Tsunami Giants. They're near on unwatchable at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do they so often push up a forward so they have an outnumber at the contest? It means whenever they win it the opposition always has a loose in defence. It might make some sense if your midfield is weak but theirs is stacked.

Seems like a basic coaching issue and a big reason why they aren't able to play attacking footy.

Players loving the coach is overrated. Maybe they love him because he cops s**t like tonight and doesn't punish them!

Love and respect, as long as they respect him that's fine that they love him.

Clarko is the example. I would pay anything for him to come coach Carlton if he gets bored at Hawthorn

Probably has enough credits in the bank (just, with last year's Grand Final appearance) to survive the axe this season.

Really? They showed up? I thought it was a training run with orange witches hats. 3rd biggest victory in VFL/AFL history. That's a coach killer (and I loved Leon as a player).

Was I watching a different grand final last year? s**t you blokes don’t muck around makes a grand final and now you want him gone in an asterisk season makes sense

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was I watching a different grand final last year? sh*t you blokes don’t muck around makes a grand final and now you want him gone in an asterisk season makes sense

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Those 3 games that got us there were the exception rather than the rule.
And if you had seen us play this year we have played well once. Round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back