Recommitted Levi Casboult [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting conundrum for Freo.

Could potentially go into next season w/o a key forward.
- Pav unlikely to go on
- Mcarthy increasingly unlikely to leave GWS (at least this year),
- Casboult leaving seems to divide opinion.

Think that leaves Tabenner?
Apeness? A vic boy, late first round selection if I'm not mistaken..Whats the latest on him?

Will be interesting to see if this play's out. Brisbane crying out for anyone over 6 ft 4 who's not injured

While I appear to be in the minority, believing that Casboult has something to offer the right club, Pick 21? :eek:
Wow...just wow
Hits the pack hard and always makes sure ball comes to ground.
Most backmen dont want to stand in front of him for 4 quarters.
Would fit the right team very nicely.Brizzy need a gorilla .

Hits the pack hard and always makes sure ball comes to ground.
Most backmen dont want to stand in front of him for 4 quarters.
Would fit the right team very nicely.Brizzy need a gorilla .
Agree with you, but not for pick 21.
I certainly hope for Brisbane's sake there is more to this deal than meets the eye.
Given the interest in Bell, it's certainly possible that only part of a larger deal is being reported

Agree with you, but not for pick 21.
I certainly hope for Brisbane's sake there is more to this deal than meets the eye.
Given the interest in Bell, it's certainly possible that only part of a larger deal is being reported

You're right

Bell will be involved in any Casboult trade that happens between Brisbane and Carlton. The whole story won't be being reported. As the carlton supporter said above, it will probably be 21 and 39 or whatever for Bell and Casboult.

Apeness? A vic boy, late first round selection if I'm not mistaken..Whats the latest on him?

Did his knee mid season, is due to start running in January apparently. He isn't going to be solving any of our immediate problems. Not AFL ready yet IMO.

Ideally in a season or two he will be a fwd/ruck. However if we get no-one this offseason we might have to throw him in the deep end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Casboult will turn into a "deadeye dick" come finals time. The opposite of what happens to the normally accurate Freo players when they get to finals?

Did his knee mid season, is due to start running in January apparently. He isn't going to be solving any of our immediate problems. Not AFL ready yet IMO.

Ideally in a season or two he will be a fwd/ruck. However if we get no-one this offseason we might have to throw him in the deep end.
Ah ok, there was reasonable wraps on this guy when drafted.
Throw him in the deep end. That port game for freo late in the year showed a few capable types that should have been given more time.

Some players thrive on a bit of responsibility.

Riddle me this - If Brisbane are serious about getting better, why are they headhunting all the list cloggers from the only club that finished below them on the ladder? First Robinson, and now Bell and Casboult, it makes no sense for a club that is right at the beginning of the development cycle.

He is ordinary at best. Couldn't get a regular game in a wooden spoon side. He takes a mark here and there and that's it. the blues r rebuilding and that means they need to get rid of players that won't amount to anything. Casboult is one of them. The Lions will embark on that successful strategy of rebuilding through recycled average players. Yep that works. I hate to say it but the blues will be ahead of the lions in the next couple of years.

I could be wrong but the only game he missed this season that wasn't through injury was Round 1, held his spot pretty well since then. Put Casboult in a top side with another forward target and he will kick 40 goals a year no worries at all.

It would be stupid of us to trade away our only tall forwards besides liam jones who isn't up to it unless we got something worthwhile.

I could be wrong but the only game he missed this season that wasn't through injury was Round 1, held his spot pretty well since then. Put Casboult in a top side with another forward target and he will kick 40 goals a year no worries at all.

It would be stupid of us to trade away our only tall forwards besides liam jones who isn't up to it unless we got something worthwhile.
You are wrong.

Casboult is going no where. Pick 21? That's a fancy pick for him but it still doesn't address our need for a big body in the forward line. I'd be a lot more disappointed with his loss then Henderson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back