Toast Duggan already our best player.

Remove this Banner Ad

He is more dangerous than a parto with ball in hand and on his day he is on par with sheed. He probably needs to go back to east perth and work on accumulating the footy.
On his day ? Don't belive I have seen one and I have watched every afl game he has played .
Duggan like Redden are being stuck on a flank and not given opportunity as a proper mid .
When your continually being smashed on the inside the outside guys suffer especially when they are not natural flankers

Reminds me a little of Sheppard in his early years. Looked like he would be something in his first year then did nothing and became a whipping boy. Would try hard but not have any impact. He only came good when they gave him a set role.

I think he's got good vision, a good tackle, I doubt his tank is bad because he puts on some big chases without that absolute leg speed to run people down.

His disposal was always meant to be awesome. We've seen glimpses, but I get the feeling he's (to a lesser extent) like Suckling, has the capability to do the amazing but also some absolute howlers. If he steadies his disposal is good, at full pace he throws the ball too far from his body, looks like he drops it wrong and it doesn't drop in line with his kicking action because he's stretching to reach it with his foot. Needs to watch Shuey and try compact his action at full pace.

Question is whether we continue to persevere with him in the side or does he go back to the WAFL on large midfield minutes with the expectation he starts taking games apart.

Given that most people these days are advocating new blood in the team, it's probably worth just leaving him in and seeing what he can do.

Although we've probably done that for the last month and he hasn't exactly progressed.

I still have faith he will come good. Not clear what is best for him, keeping him in the team or dropping him to WAFL but lean towards keeping him in the team and getting the games into him at the top level but playing him more in the guts or off the half back line. He looks lost wherever he is being asked to play now.

I still have faith he will come good. Not clear what is best for him, keeping him in the team or dropping him to WAFL but lean towards keeping him in the team and getting the games into him at the top level but playing him more in the guts or off the half back line. He looks lost wherever he is being asked to play now.

seems like the same problem yeo had. Keep placing him in random spots for limited periods and players get lost.

possibly. Just filling the gap it seems. I'm not sure how they are going to fix this situation as a lot of players except sheed seem to be losing confidence at an alarming rate.

possibly. Just filling the gap it seems. I'm not sure how they are going to fix this situation as a lot of players except sheed seem to be losing confidence at an alarming rate.
Its the inevitable fate of the "Insta Picks" feeling the heat. Masten getting dropped should be a warning to them all especially Darling, LeCras and Priddis.

Question is whether we continue to persevere with him in the side or does he go back to the WAFL on large midfield minutes with the expectation he starts taking games apart.

Given that most people these days are advocating new blood in the team, it's probably worth just leaving him in and seeing what he can do.

Although we've probably done that for the last month and he hasn't exactly progressed.
Leave him in for experience and work on a specified role over the preseason

I like us backing players in and giving the young ones an extended crack but Duggan needs to become an accumulator and that needs to be done at wafl. Would be nice to see him going back to do and rack the ball up for a month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he's thereabouts for our 21st-22nd spot and i'd rather see him played before hutch, masten, mutts, karp or redden. those blokes aren't helping us win any more games than he is at the moment.
give him an extended run, another 5 rounds or whatever with some more time in the middle and then think about dropping him to the wafl if he still can't get near the ball.

I like us backing players in and giving the young ones an extended crack but Duggan needs to become an accumulator and that needs to be done at wafl. Would be nice to see him going back to do and rack the ball up for a month.

I'm leaning this way. Get him in the guts at WAFL level to build his midfield game, that give allow the coaches to give him a good measuring over.

At the moment he's stuck on the periphery of matches and really struggling to impact positively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's been alright. Gotten a bit more involved tonight but may be the least composed player I've seen in a while. Hopefully that gets better with time.

He's been alright. Gotten a bit more involved tonight but may be the least composed player I've seen in a while. Hopefully that gets better with time.
He really does fret with the ball in hand lol. Agree, we've seen enough to know he'll be right with his disposal.

Took some big steps in the right direction after an average first quarter. Can give him s**t for his disposal but one thing you cant fault him for is going in hard and going back with the flight when it's his turn. Loved the repeat effort in the last quarter which was crucial. Keep it up, Duggles.

Yep, had a strong second half. I was harsh on him for his shocking disposal but with that single passage of play where he willed that ball forward single-handely, he redeemed himself.
Still needs to do a lot more because his development has come to a standstill.

The last few weeks he has gone in hard but let himself down with poor disposal but tonight he was great and That passage of play where he was involved multiple times was awesome. As someone said in the game day thread it was J Selwood type endevour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back