Player Watch Liam Holt-Fitz (Academy Prospect)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like IF they not Drafted in National Draft then they can be a Cat-b Rookies
That was for last year. Afaik now it’s exactly the same rules as the northern academies and FS. If a player is overlooked in the ND they can be nominated and picked up as an automatic rookie selection.

Judging by Hine’s comments; they don’t think he’ll make the rookie draft. In fact, we’ve declared our hand in saying that we think we should have to give up the equivalent of a second round pick for him.

*slow clap*

Judging by Hine’s comments; they don’t think he’ll make the rookie draft. In fact, we’ve declared our hand in saying that we think we should have to give up the equivalent of a second round pick for him.

*slow clap*
I would love to play poker with Dekka

Subject a F/S like bidding system but we certainly have a priority access and can match any bids.
Yeah that's what I thought.
As long as he meets AFL's criteria we have f/s type priority in main '18 draft.
Meeting that criteria leaves ALL control with AFL. Suck and see??

*slow clap*

Of which we no longer have one.:drunk: Must be planning to hobble together a heap of 3rds, which begs the question why not keep our 2nd take it into the draft and just trade in an extra 3rd and 4th... which cost less at the trade table.

Maybe Hot-Fiz should go fishing all next year.
Sean Rusling style.
That would give Hine a year to practice his surprised face.
"A present for me... really".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was named BOG first 2 rounds and kicked 7 goals in 2 games, might start to attract interest

Best you take him camping with you this week NT he has "already" cost us a second round pick. :p

He’ll end up becoming a first round prospect and we’ll be scrambling for points now we don’t have a second. I can just see it now.
Don't really need to scramble for points though. If he's good enough to go in the first round and we also believe that's his worth we'll just match and go into points deficit. We'd still get the 20% discount. It'd effectively mean we took two first rounders in 2018 and our 2019 first rounder would be pushed back to a 2nd or third.

Edit: and if the bid comes early in the second round our 2019 first rounder isn't affected, the points are made up by our following picks.

Don't really need to scramble for points though. If he's good enough to go in the first round and we also believe that's his worth we'll just match and go into points deficit. We'd still get the 20% discount. It'd effectively mean we took two first rounders in 2018 and our 2019 first rounder would be pushed back to a 2nd or third.

Edit: and if the bid comes early in the second round our 2019 first rounder isn't affected, the points are made up by our following picks.
So we go in to deficit for him. What happens when a bid comes for Will Kelly?

So we go in to deficit for him. What happens when a bid comes for Will Kelly?
I doubt they're both going to become highly sort after. Remember there's a 197 point discount on all father son and draftees. If the bid was 56 or below then he'd be free to us points wise so whatever our next bid was would cover it. If one was bid on in the first round and one outside the first round then only the one that had a bid in the first round would affect our next year's first. It's likely the points deficit remaining from the bid outside the first round would be negligible anyway once discounts are taken into consideration.

I doubt they're both going to become highly sort after. Remember there's a 197 point discount on all father son and draftees. If the bid was 56 or below then he'd be free to us points wise so whatever our next bid was would cover it. If one was bid on in the first round and one outside the first round then only the one that had a bid in the first round would affect our next year's first. It's likely the points deficit remaining from the bid outside the first round would be negligible anyway once discounts are taken into consideration.
That’s a big assumption you’re making on Will’s value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back