Recommitted Lin Jong [re-signed until 2018]

Remove this Banner Ad

Injured in round 10....so presumably back by mid year....

Cloke is a luxury the Dogs dont need . But I hope they dont realise that because its Collingwoods best bet for a decent trade.

Redpath did his knee against the Saints in round 18. We also can't forget that this is his third knee reconstruction so he may barely be able to play when he returns.

Redpath did his knee against the Saints in round 18. We also can't forget that this is his third knee reconstruction so he may barely be able to play when he returns.

My bad. Crosseyed...he played ten games this year not git injured in round ten....

Still not convinced Cloke is the right fit for the Dogs, but will be rapt to be wrong.

He also said huge offer
Would like to know the money they're offering him

Huge offer might just mean over the perceived market value of Jong, so I'd probably say at most 350-400k just to actually make sure that they can get Jong out of the Bulldogs. Being depth at the premiers isn't a bad thing and Jong is in that 18-25 range where they're the first cab off the rank if a midfielder is hurt.

He also said huge offer
Would like to know the money they're offering him

It's all relative - if Dogs are offering $250k per year and Suns are offering $450k per year to get their man would that wouldn't be considered huge for an elite player but maybe it would be for a fringe player who just missed a GF.

Also may be worth paying a huge sum given we are playing in the China game - our colors and an Asian born player (not sure if being Taiwanese counters this) could mean much bigger $$$ in sponsorship opportunities and Cochrane has a fair bit of experience in working in the Asian market - Jongsanity!

$400K a season? Overs, but not too bad considering our situation. The money wouldn't be a problem, especially if its true about Malceski. Just hope it actually gets done!
Got to consider if lin jong move over just for a little more might as well stay at bulldog or go to pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe slightly overs for most clubs but not Gold Coast imo. Will be a good get for their midfield which needs support and continuity.

$400K a season? Overs, but not too bad considering our situation. The money wouldn't be a problem, especially if its true about Malceski. Just hope it actually gets done!
If what's true about Malceski? Please tell me he's retiring. Not sure I could go through another season of his turnovers without harming the TV.

Hope he stays but if I was in his position I'd probably be looking at going somewhere where he will be in their best 22. Gold Coast seems like a good fit for him if he is willing to move interstate. Pick 40 would probably be enough, pick 27 would definitely get it done if GC don't plan on going that deep into the draft.

More likely to stay than go IMO.

But would take him at the Suns in a heart beat. Would be getting a game every week easily with our lack of midfielders at the moment. If what some people have said is anywhere near accurate $1.2m over 3 years (400k a year), it may be slight overs, but we need to bring in some solid bodies who can do a good job, Jong would be a good pick up.

Sounding like he might actually stay at the Dogs, possibly going to accept the 2 year offer he's had since mid-season.

I'm sure it didn't help the GC the Dogs winning the flag.

He is close with his family and loves the dogs, but we won't go close to matching GC's offer.
I like Lin but he won't be best 22 for us next year. If we manage a pick in the 20s for him we'd take that and run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back