Recommitted Lin Jong [re-signed until 2018]

Remove this Banner Ad

Was best on in the VFL grand final coming back off of a broken collarbone and picked up 29 disposals, nine marks, six inside 50s and four clearances.
Got a lot of cheap possessions on the outside... I disagree he was best on. Oliver was ahead but never going to be recognized as he was surrounded by Muppets in a losing side

Got a lot of cheap possessions on the outside... I disagree he was best on. Oliver was ahead but never going to be recognized as he was surrounded by Muppets in a losing side
Oliver puffing billy was good but no where near best on. Jong set up several goals with his beautiful clean hands and was strong early when game was in balance

Would say that two premierships in one week and the VFL equivalent of the Norm Smith would cause it to rise pretty dramatically.

Wonder what his value would be with 2 premierships, a Norm Goss and a Norm Smith under his belt?

Trade him for pick #1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's a premiership player in a week's time does his value skyrocket?

I see him as the same type of player as Sharrod Wellingham was when he left Collingwood. Similar size and skillset. A good GF replay and premiership medal probably bumped Wellingham's value up slightly.

I see him as the same type of player as Sharrod Wellingham was when he left Collingwood. Similar size and skillset. A good GF replay and premiership medal probably bumped Wellingham's value up slightly.

Us being weak at the trade table and having a pick just over his value were big contributors too. We did the same with Redden.

If a player is worth about say pick 25 then there is a bit of float either way. If we had an early first round pick we'd have traded our 2nd for Wellingham. Likewise if we had a later first round pick we'd have traded that. You win some, you lose some. Well we lose most.

Why wouldnt the bulldogs just keep him if he comes in and they win this week. Why waste money on cloke if what they have now is good enough while also adding crameri. Yes Redpath is out for the year but Roughead seem to go ok as the resting ruckman in the forward line.

Why wouldnt the bulldogs just keep him if he comes in and they win this week. Why waste money on cloke if what they have now is good enough while also adding crameri. Yes Redpath is out for the year but Roughead seem to go ok as the resting ruckman in the forward line.

But if Boyd goes down to an injury or poor form, the bulldogs are rooted in 2017. So, Cloke's short term insurance...

But if Boyd goes down to an injury or poor form, the bulldogs are rooted. So, Cloke's short term insurance...

Boyd and Cloke don't even play the same role. Boyd plays the Tippett role.

We have one KPF on our list who won't play a game next year due to injury. Unless we play a makeshift forward like we have with Cordy (which I'm absolutely staggered that we got to a grand final with him playing the CHF role) then we have no-one.

Cloke makes a truckload of sense to me, especially with the low cost associated with picking him up. You are right though he is short term insurance until we can develop one.

Jong has far more value than Cloke and we think on the dogs board he's heading to the GC (Jong that is) anyway. So I doubt Jongs involved in the Cloke deal.

Us being weak at the trade table and having a pick just over his value were big contributors too. We did the same with Redden.

If a player is worth about say pick 25 then there is a bit of float either way. If we had an early first round pick we'd have traded our 2nd for Wellingham. Likewise if we had a later first round pick we'd have traded that. You win some, you lose some. Well we lose most.

weak traders? elliot yeo for pick 28 was robberry...not that im still bitter or anything

But if Boyd goes down to an injury or poor form, the bulldogs are rooted in 2017. So, Cloke's short term insurance...

Problem with this is yes it makes sense to have Cloke as insurance. He is not coming to Footscray to play bit of VFL and AFL otherwise he would just stay at Collingwood.

He took a pay cut cause he wants regular AFL footy. It seems if bulldogs forward line clicks next year, they dont really need Cloke, so he ends up back at VFL. Seem he going to the bulldogs with the view he be a vital clog in the forward line.

Problem with this is yes it makes sense to have Cloke as insurance. He is not coming to Footscray to play bit of VFL and AFL otherwise he would just stay at Collingwood.

He took a pay cut cause he wants regular AFL footy. It seems if bulldogs forward line clicks next year, they dont really need Cloke, so he ends up back at VFL. Seem he going to the bulldogs with the view he be a vital clog in the forward line.
Right now we're playing Cordy (a backman who wasn't even playing forward at VFL level) as a makeshift forward - in our current team Cloke slots straight in as an actual experienced forward. Cordy's future is in the backline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back