Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
Uncontracted and confirmed to have toured the Collingwood facilities during the week. Not sure how much they need a hardnut with suspect decision making like Jong as he won't get to play as the main man in the middle which is what he has excelled as at VFL level including being second best on ground in the 2014 VFL grand final.

Strengths

1. very quick
2. tough
3. strong overhead mark
4. decent around goals

Weaknesses

1. questionable decision making
2. actually functions worse in space than in the contest
3. skills are passable but not particularly good.

Uncontracted and confirmed to have toured the Collingwood facilities during the week. Not sure how much they need a hardnut with suspect skills like Jong as he won't get to play as the main man in the middle which is what he has excelled as at VFL level including being second best on ground in the 2014 VFL grand final.
Touring facilities in midyear is pretty interesting.

Touring facilities in midyear is pretty interesting.

Yep. Bulldogs have also tried to resign him but we haven't been able to come to terms. He might be looking at his options but players don't check out another teams facilities unless they are seriously considering what they've been offered.

Yep. Bulldogs have also tried to resign him but we haven't been able to come to terms. He might be looking at his options but players don't check out another teams facilities unless they are seriously considering what they've been offered.
Yeah that seems to be the case, he would have some currency, so someone will come in for him surely.

Gold Coast had a sniff at Jong as well.

But rumours on our board suggest Hrovat is well liked by GC recruiters. Not saying it will happen at all but I'd be surprised if Hrovat isn't being looked at by GC.
Yeah I have heard about the interest in Hrovat. Depending on the price we may look at Jong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been happening for a while. Not sure it is allowed but everyone does it.

We did it with Tom Boyd so dogs fans can't complain when it happens to us.
I was under the impression that only a players agent could speak to an opposition club whilst under contract. If it has happened previously it has been after a contract has expired (eg Dustin Martin).

I was under the impression that only a players agent could speak to an opposition club whilst under contract. If it has happened previously it has been after a contract has expired (eg Dustin Martin).

Article said it been happening for Years

He would be under contract, again I will ask is this allowed ?.
Yes it is allowed. Clubs can talk to a player and his manager, give a tour etc etc but they cannot sign a contract. Boyd did it with doggies a few years ago. So did Dusty Martin up with GWS. I hope we dont pick him up thou....

I like Jong and wouldn't be against Essendon going after him, only reason I can see him leaving is for more opportunity.

and Then why go to Collingwood where the Midfield is our Strongest Position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back