Injury Lincoln McCarthy Groin Issue (Edit: Groin Issue Resolved)

Remove this Banner Ad

They tend to push themselves,he would know it's now or never.
I expect Linc to push himself hard, I just mean I hope they don't race him into the senior side too quick.

I expect Linc to push himself hard, I just mean I hope they don't race him into the senior side too quick.
We're pretty comfortable in his position now with the drafting of Miers and Fogarty and having Gregson back. It really isn't much of a loss given he averages under a goal a game and only 2.5 tackles as a small forward. We have adequate replacements.

We're pretty comfortable in his position now with the drafting of Miers and Fogarty and having Gregson back. It really isn't much of a loss given he averages under a goal a game and only 2.5 tackles as a small forward. We have adequate replacements.
Yeah but history says the favourites get rushed back in... and he is a favourite

No loss at all on 2017. Linc IN would be replacing somebody else.

Hadn’t thought of that actually. Seems like with Fog and Myers (Jones) that the club has already planned for not having Linc for much longer.

From his POV that means he probably has to go hung ho and if he breaks down so be it.
He needs to leave nothing in the tank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About Linc or the club's injury management?
If you can remember back to the night we drafted Linc.I can, SJ posted a photo of an indigenous player first up,the wrong Linc of cause the next photo the real linc I saw looked like he'd been put together by Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde,It maybe his body isn't up to the rigors of AFL footy which would be a shame in my opinion I believe he has talent.

If you can remember back to the night we drafted Linc.I can, SJ posted a photo of an indigenous player first up,the wrong Linc of cause the next photo the real linc I saw looked like he'd been put together by Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde,It maybe his body isn't up to the rigors of AFL footy which would be a shame in my opinion I believe he has talent.

Yeah, I love him as a player.

There seems to be a lot of Geelong players ending up with chronic injuries. Maybe it's the same at all clubs and is to do with the level players are required to push themselves to these days. Still it feels like we managed it better during the end of Bomber's era.

Guys like Danger and Selwood would not have stepped on the field injured and we would've been better for it, both in terms of them being healthier sooner and in terms of not having an injured player out there which seemed to cost us in both cases. I feel like our list is deep enough now that no one should be rushed back and reinjure themselves.

Yeah, I love him as a player.

There seems to be a lot of Geelong players ending up with chronic injuries. Maybe it's the same at all clubs and is to do with the level players are required to push themselves to these days. Still it feels like we managed it better during the end of Bomber's era.

Guys like Danger and Selwood would not have stepped on the field injured and we would've been better for it, both in terms of them being healthier sooner and in terms of not having an injured player out there which seemed to cost us in both cases. I feel like our list is deep enough now that no one should be rushed back and reinjure themselves.
I had the distinct feeling the continue success the club had in the last decade which leads to to poorer draft picks was in part responsible for a conscious decision by Wells and the club to gamble on taking players with good credentials past over by other clubs because of injury, we imported some of our problems on a risk and reward basis.

I had the distinct feeling the continue success the club had in the last decade which leads to to poorer draft picks was in part responsible for a conscious decision by Wells and the club to gamble on taking players with good credentials past over by other clubs because of injury, we imported some of our problems on a risk and reward basis.

Seems that way, as well as retaining blokes who show talent, but can't get on the park.

We're not alone though - look at the Pies and Freeman ( chronic hamstrings) - been on the list since 2012 and hasn't played a game yet?
I'm sure there are similar examples at other Clubs

I actually don't mind it. We may need to take fewer risks in future, we've seen it backfire a few too many times recently.

It's the standard risk/reward element of building a list. Many different paths have delivered ultimate success.

I actually don't mind it. We may need to take fewer risks in future, we've seen it backfire a few too many times recently.

It's the standard risk/reward element of building a list. Many different paths have delivered ultimate success.

Agree , obvious caveat is not to have too many perennially in rehab like we had a few years ago and reserve it for above average talent
Menzel is such an example of it working out but we've had some backfire as well :)

We're not alone though - look at the Pies and Freeman ( chronic hamstrings) - been on the list since 2012 and hasn't played a game yet?
I'm sure there are similar examples at other Clubs
The Pies traded Freeman to St.kilda two trade periods ago.

The Pies traded Freeman to St.kilda two trade periods ago.
and his luck aint any better...

Feel bad for him - but his hammy's are worse than Cowans.

GO Catters

I feel so bad for him. I liked the cut of his jib - as someone already said in this thread, if Linc tackled someone they stayed tackled. I seem to remember him even taking a screamer or two! We sorely need players of Linc's 'aggression at the man' calibre.

Jab his legs full of stem cells, STAT!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back