Omens and coincidences thread, 2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last time I was in Australia to watch a GF (not present at the game), was 2008. I'm here again.

The last time I sat and watched the GF ( not present at the game, again) with a particular friend was 2007 and will again this weekend.

🧐🧐🧐

If Sam Reid takes his place in the Grand Final this weekend he will repeat what his brother did in the 2011 Grand final and play injured.
His brother Ben also played with a groin injury.

I hope Reid plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2007 finals series featured a win over the Pies by a kick so I am 100% sure we'll beat another Melbourne based team by 100 and then an interstate side in the GF by 100
This was pretty close to being the truth..

My son is our GF barometer - he's 3 for 3 so far :thumbsu:
Rest assured he's on a plane as we speak and I'll be joining him with my daughter on Saturday - 4 is a nice round number :think:
Wife is a Saints supporter - she stays home minding the dog ...................

Geeze I love it when a plan comes together !!!!!
Dog was happy to see me at 1.00am this morning when I got home ..... wife too :p

My son is our GF barometer - he's 3 for 3 so far :thumbsu:
Rest assured he's on a plane as we speak and I'll be joining him with my daughter on Saturday - 4 is a nice round number :think:
Wife is a Saints supporter - she stays home minding the dog ...................
I’m also 4 from 4 now.
Couldn’t get tickets for 08 and obviously 20z

I wonder if the Cats finally winning that elusive flag - after being highly consistent - never bottoming out etc - but frustrating their supporters - because they want the ultimate - premierships- but i wonder with Geel winning given its last 20 years or so is a good omen for 1 particular EPL club this year

I know the EPL is a different system - however there are alot of clubs with plenty of money - but they still continually stufff things up - they are dead set loser clubs - like some AFL clubs

However one club - purely with its record - is very similar to Geel - and thats Arsenal

Highly successfull club - never out of the top echelon of the clubs and never been relegated ever in its history ( Everton is the only other one who hasnt been relegated )

But Arsenal although consistent - have frustrated their supporters - last Premier League title 2004 - but in the 18 seasons since - theve had 2 2nds 4 3rds 6 - 4ths 3- 5ths 1- 6th and2 - 8ths

Its early days 11 games in - but they have got 9 wins on the board and are on top - thus can do they do what Geel did - after an excruciating run of near top finishes - they finally win the blooody thing

I wonder if the Cats finally winning that elusive flag - after being highly consistent - never bottoming out etc - but frustrating their supporters - because they want the ultimate - premierships- but i wonder with Geel winning given its last 20 years or so is a good omen for 1 particular EPL club this year

I know the EPL is a different system - however there are alot of clubs with plenty of money - but they still continually stufff things up - they are dead set loser clubs - like some AFL clubs

However one club - purely with its record - is very similar to Geel - and thats Arsenal

Highly successfull club - never out of the top echelon of the clubs and never been relegated ever in its history ( Everton is the only other one who hasnt been relegated )

But Arsenal although consistent - have frustrated their supporters - last Premier League title 2004 - but in the 18 seasons since - theve had 2 2nds 4 3rds 6 - 4ths 3- 5ths 1- 6th and2 - 8ths

Its early days 11 games in - but they have got 9 wins on the board and are on top - thus can do they do what Geel did - after an excruciating run of near top finishes - they finally win the blooody thing
Agree. Arsenal is my team for many reasons including their likeness to Geelong.
In a simiar but of course different way, had a fondness of The New Enngland Patriots since the season they went through undefeated but lost the GF, just after our 08 debacle.

Last edited:
Don’t really follow the EPL but if I had a team it would be Brentford because of there story of being in League One 4 years ago, now in the top flight.

Our last four captains all played the last game for Geelong in a winning Grand Final team.
So when they choose the next captain, make sure it's not someone too young.
Don't see why not. Harley had already won a flag as captain before he exited the game after the '09 flag. Winning in your last match doesn't need to be your only success with the armband.

And Wooller played in '64 as well. So he ran out in the hoops after lifting the cup in 1963.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back