Lions Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Champion Data statistics show Brisbane has still targeted Cameron heavily this season, but its reliance on him to kick goals is simply no longer there.

In fact, of the Lions players targeted at least 25 times this season, the most effective is McCarthy, with 34.5 per cent of these targets leading to goals, and 58.8 per cent to scores.

Dan McStay (25 per cent) is the next most effective, while Hipwood, Rayner and Oscar McInerney all have higher strike-rates than Cameron (13.1 per cent) when the ball is directed their way.

Also heard Nick Haynes mention in his AA interview that Charlie was his toughest opponent this year and Brisbane’s forward line as a whole were the toughest unit to shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I was under the impression that all finals profits went into the AFL basket not the clubs???

https://www.afl.com.au/news/511843/lions-avoid-financial-disaster-despite-pandemic

Brisbane has again qualified to host two finals at the Gabba, including Friday night's sellout of 25,000 against Richmond, which will help the club's bottom line.
I think they get a cut of the sales of food and drinks and such, which all helps and maybe the extra sales of finals Merch?

I think they get a cut of the sales of food and drinks and such, which all helps and maybe the extra sales of finals Merch?

Speaking of food and drink, desperately hope the Gabba catering company improves their food selection choices, if not for finals, at least for the Grand Final.

Absolutely terrible and unhealthy food choices on offer, with not much to write home about when you compare the options to other stadiums.

Regardless of what happens this season - whether we win it or not, the iconic image to sum up our season would be Rayner vs Cotchin Qualifying Final Second Quarter. 4 minutes left in the second, Tigers have been dominant but unable to score. Lions 5 points down 4.30 left on the clock. Rayner charges in for a high flying mark. Cotchin the wily veteran captain blocks him off the ball. They wrestle and Cotchin tries to drag him down. Rayner wrestling, pushing Cotchin off, not giving up and instead making Cotchin relent in his efforts to drag Cam down really summed up where we are as a club both in that moment and in the general football landscape in 2020. Then that moment at 3.00 on the clock in the second when Rayner charges down the wing and hits that goal from 55. What a statement.

2020 started with such disrespect. We have been disrespected for nigh on a decade. Despite finishing second in 2019, the disrespect shown to us was remarkable. People said we would pull a Melbourne. We would fail to qualify. We are too immature and played above ourselves last year. So much disrespect prior during the finals bye. Despite finishing second again we were just making up the numbers. No mention of us in the build up.

That image of Rayner pushing Cotchin down compared to Rayner in tears after that Kangaroos miss captures how our club has changed in the Fagan era. Looking forward to more iconic moments with this team.

Regardless of what happens this season - whether we win it or not, the iconic image to sum up our season would be Rayner vs Cotchin Qualifying Final Second Quarter. 4 minutes left in the second, Tigers have been dominant but unable to score. Lions 5 points down 4.30 left on the clock. Rayner charges in for a high flying mark. Cotchin the wily veteran captain blocks him off the ball. They wrestle and Cotchin tries to drag him down. Rayner wrestling, pushing Cotchin off, not giving up and instead making Cotchin relent in his efforts to drag Cam down really summed up where we are as a club both in that moment and in the general football landscape in 2020. Then that moment at 3.00 on the clock in the second when Rayner charges down the wing and hits that goal from 55. What a statement.

2020 started with such disrespect. We have been disrespected for nigh on a decade. Despite finishing second in 2019, the disrespect shown to us was remarkable. People said we would pull a Melbourne. We would fail to qualify. We are too immature and played above ourselves last year. So much disrespect prior during the finals bye. Despite finishing second again we were just making up the numbers. No mention of us in the build up.

That image of Rayner pushing Cotchin down compared to Rayner in tears after that Kangaroos miss captures how our club has changed in the Fagan era. Looking forward to more iconic moments with this team.

Is Rayner the new Robertson?? Still love this incident by Nick

Speaking of food and drink, desperately hope the Gabba catering company improves their food selection choices, if not for finals, at least for the Grand Final.

Absolutely terrible and unhealthy food choices on offer, with not much to write home about when you compare the options to other stadiums.

Same as it ever was....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Squiggle finally has us in the premiership zone. Comparing us to Port, Cats & Tigers has us the most attacking side.

It has us beating Geelong by 1 point and Port by 2 points ... would any of us have functioning hearts by that point?

It has us beating Geelong by 1 point and Port by 2 points ... would any of us have functioning hearts by that point?

I would be far too drunk to feel my heart.

Up until last season, I thought it was extremely unlikely I'd witness another lions Premiership in my lifetime.

2019 gave me hope and 2020 has made me dare to dream.....for another Flag...... now!

So I'm not going to fall off the perch in these last one or two matches of Season 2020 no matter how close and thrilling the results

Although Final Siren always states that the squiggle doesnt really work for finals and that the flag pole one is a better measure. Think we have moved into third on that one

Male ego. Yeah let's put that down as the moment of the season.

Moment of the season was the QLD premier allowing footy to continue.

The moment of our as in the AFL Mens Brisbane Lions team. I thought the thread title of Lions 2020 Season in the Brisbane Lions mens team board was pretty self explanatory. Maybe I missed the announcement when the Premier got signed as a supplemental addon Cat B rookie.:think: First woman on the mens team. What an honour.

I’m a tad confused with this reply. Sure you have the right to choose your own moment of the season and the Qld Premier certainly played a big role in getting the season going again. Can’t disagree with that. But what’s with the male ego comment? Would love if you could provide some further explanation/ clarity on this if you have the time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back