Lions trim coaching panel

Remove this Banner Ad

christ are we doing that bad ?? trevena is very highly regarded and an great coach with young players. a real loss i reckon.

just puts the footy department even further behind the power clubs :thumbsdown:

good luck darren at your next club

Sad news. One of the good guys in football and I really hope he catches on somewhere else. Darren has proven track record developing young talent.

For those that don't know, Darren Trevena is well-known in Tasmanian football circles. Darren played 150+ games at South Adelaide and captained them. He was the SA U18s coach prior to the current coach, Brenton Phillips. Darren was a development coach at Port Adelaide and it's not coincidence that some of the young players plateaued following his departure from them.

Most likely he was out of contract and it wasn't a performance/attitude issue.

068808-michael-voss.jpg

I believe that is Darren Trevena, for anyone wondering what he looks like.

068808-michael-voss.jpg

I believe that is Darren Trevena, for anyone wondering what he looks like.

Obviously he was let go for his inadequate massaging technique. Not nearly enough pressure on the shoulders there, and using only one hand indicates laziness.

Obviously he was let go for his inadequate massaging technique. Not nearly enough pressure on the shoulders there, and using only one hand indicates laziness.

Well if it's one handed pressure point technique that's the problem, he needs to take some lessons from the master

article-judd-420x0.jpg
No problem here with just the one hand

Should Vossy remain as head coach, I reckon Michael O'Loughlin could be a pretty decent addition to our coaching staff. His opinion may have changed, but I recall last season sometime that he publically stated that he would like to become the first indigenous senior AFL coach. I'd have no problem him learning his craft with us as an assistant and reckon he would be magnificent working with our younger players.

Obviously, this is predicated on Vossy remaining in the top job b/c if a new coach did come in, no doubt most would want to hand pick their own assistants. But if Vossy is offered another term, I think some new faces would be refreshing for the group. Guys like O'Donnell, Fletcher and Woewodin have been around for a while and maybe an injection of one or two new faces would be refreshing for our group.

Probably the wrong thread for this, but hardly worthy of a new thread all the same.

Should Vossy remain as head coach, I reckon Michael O'Loughlin could be a pretty decent addition to our coaching staff. His opinion may have changed, but I recall last season sometime that he publically stated that he would like to become the first indigenous senior AFL coach. I'd have no problem him learning his craft with us as an assistant and reckon he would be magnificent working with our younger players.

Obviously, this is predicated on Vossy remaining in the top job b/c if a new coach did come in, no doubt most would want to hand pick their own assistants. But if Vossy is offered another term, I think some new faces would be refreshing for the group. Guys like O'Donnell, Fletcher and Woewodin have been around for a while and maybe an injection of one or two new faces would be refreshing for our group.

Probably the wrong thread for this, but hardly worthy of a new thread all the same.

Having (briefly) met Michael O'Loughlin, I would strongly oppose his employment by the club in any capacity.

Things might've changed since he finished playing, but to put it mildly he seemed very sure of himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back