List Mgmt. List changes, contract status and key dates - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Joey’s contract has been smoothed out a bit you would assume. Great move by the club! Seems to be loving footy again!

As I understand it we can't touch his FA contract - any extension just deals with the non FA years added on. The swans haven't been able to alter Buddy's contract at all.

Big Joey’s contract has been smoothed out a bit you would assume. Great move by the club! Seems to be loving footy again!

Nice work.
If we average it down to a 20 game per season, we're on track for future father son/daughter too.

Really well spoken man too in the video in that article.
You can understand how the club love to have him around.
It can really be amazing how a persons perception can change so much when they come to your club.
Like Mitch Robbo and Luke Hodge for some. They really are just great people and have been so good for this footy club.

a bit more
One of the Neales’ principal concerns was whether Jules would have support with their new baby – daughter Piper Rose was born in September – if the WA border stayed shut throughout 2022.

But the border will come down on March 3, with Jules currently in quarantine after flying home to see relatives in Western Australia.

The open border will also allow her parents to spend several months a year in Brisbane, with the Lions also pledging to ramp up their support structures around the family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And now Damo is having a sook about the Daniher extension for some reason...

WHEN Brisbane, Essendon and the AFL pondered the Joe Daniher recipe after the 2020 season, there were, as usual with free agency compensation ingredients, many herbs and spices thrown into the mix.

A long period of marinating followed by a slow cook left the plate looking like this: Daniher as the main course with a three-year deal to play for the Lions, national draft pick No.7 for the Bombers as the main side dish.

One season into that three-season deal, Daniher and the Lions have signed a new contract, one contracting him to the club until the end of 2025, in an arrangement which wafted across as a bad smell in the noses of some other clubs.

Those clubs were wondering if the Daniher deal to leave Essendon and join the Lions had been a five-year deal from the outset, at say, less money per season compared with the speculated about-$750,000 per year attached to the three-year deal, would have been sufficient enough for such a lucrative draft pick.

If anyone's looking for him to be consistent and have written similar articles about more blatant rorting of systems with Tippett and Jack Martin's PSD nominations, hopefully you have better luck than me.

If anyone's looking for him to be consistent and have written similar articles about more blatant rorting of systems with Tippett and Jack Martin's PSD nominations, hopefully you have better luck than me.

FA compensation is very stupid so I don't disagree with his point. I will say having listened to far too much trade radio over the years, Damo has been critical of basically every single FA compensation outcome. The 3 year deal getting essendon band 1 compo was always a bit ridiculous for me! Not sure he wrote columns about all of those but I remember the Motlop compo facilitating the GAJ trade was one that he criticised.

I think it would be better if they moved FA compo back to the end of second round for the highest band and only had two categories - the highest being end of second round, the lowest being end of third round. Contracts that don't meet the threshold for the lower band wouldn't attract compo picks

I don't understand his whinge.

Was it always a 5 year deal ? May be
Would that have been a lower $ if averaged out over 5 years ? May be
Due to the contract longevity, would Essendon have received the same compo? May be. you never know.

Brisbane Lions kept a lot more flexibility up our sleeve and decided to take the risk of signing first 3 years at premium. It could've spectacularly blew up on our faces and you won't see Damo anywhere then.. Clown.

I don't understand his whinge.

Was it always a 5 year deal ? May be
Would that have been a lower $ if averaged out over 5 years ? May be
Due to the contract longevity, would Essendon have received the same compo? May be. you never know.

Brisbane Lions kept a lot more flexibility up our sleeve and decided to take the risk of signing first 3 years at premium. It could've spectacularly blew up on our faces and you won't see Damo anywhere then.. Clown.
No club in their right mind would've offered injury plagued Daniher 5 years at the time. He got a life line, worked hard to get his body right and repay the faith, and in doing so played some ripping footy. He quite rightly earnt an extension.

Damo's desperate for a story that gets Victorian clubs and supporters backs up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back