Live Smoke Signal Chat - The Chief Donald McDonald to discuss NMFC trade period on club website.

Remove this Banner Ad

Comment From Tom
Is Ben McKinley likely to be at a new club next yr?

Rob - kangaroos.com.au :
Ben's status is the same as Aaron and Ben Warren. Out of contract with a decision to be made after the Trade period Tom.

do we deduce from this that all 3 are gone or will we keep Azza as insurance?

12:39

Comment From Tom
Is Ben McKinley likely to be at a new club next yr?

fb_share2.png

12:39

Rob - kangaroos.com.au :
Ben's status is the same as Aaron and Ben Warren. Out of contract with a decision to be made after the Trade period Tom.

he answered my questions but still skipped my Rodan.

Comment From Peter
any truth to the rumour Brad Scott is in London as we speak?

fb_share2.png

12:42

Rob - kangaroos.com.au :
Brad's on a well deserved break in Europe yes. He'll be back soon and we are in constant contact about potential Trades etc.

Comment From Peter

Rob - kangaroos.com.au :
Brad's on a well deserved break in Europe yes. He'll be back soon and we are in constant contact about potential Trades etc.

Comment From marra
what do you put the clubs good injury record down to this year?

Rob - kangaroos.com.au :
Hi Marra - hope you enjoyed Port Douglas. We have a terrific relationship between our coaching, medical and fitness staff and this all contributed to a great season.

Comment From Shannon OC
Was Liam Anthony offered up for trade at any point during discussions with other clubs? To atleast see his worth?

Rob - kangaroos.com.au :
On Liam - We don't offer up contracted players. All the ones that have been speculated about, chose to look for opportunities elsewhere.

Comment From Roo bob
Are we looking at any players from USA to be rookies next season

Rob - kangaroos.com.au :
We interviewed some of the boys from the States which is a fantastic initiative but at this stage we're not looking at adding any to the list.

Comment From Shannon OC
I am a constant backer of the football department yet that's a little disappointing as I believe it is worthwhile to test the waters on what players can be worth on the open market.

Rob - kangaroos.com.au :
Shannon you also have to understand that we will never fracture the culture of this club - it's one of our great strengths. You have to be mindful of this and can't just shop everyone around especially after you've sat down with them, looked them in the eye and told them that you are committed to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comment From Peter
fb_share2.png
12:42
Rob - kangaroos.com.au :
I thought this was interesting.

I followed yours up with: will he be back for the last half of the trade period?

Didn't get a reply unfortunately.

Comment From Shannon OC
I am a constant backer of the football department yet that's a little disappointing as I believe it is worthwhile to test the waters on what players can be worth on the open market.
Rob - kangaroos.com.au :

Shannon you also have to understand that we will never fracture the culture of this club - it's one of our great strengths. You have to be mindful of this and can't just shop everyone around especially after you've sat down with them, looked them in the eye and told them that you are committed to them.
Who the * is this tool Shannon OC?

Don't know why the club would even entertain such idiotic questions.

They are answering all the stupid obvious ones! Someone ask about who we are actually targeting!?

What else did you expect?

My favorite:

12:29 Rob - kangaroos.com.au :
Again, just because we're not active in the media, doesn't mean we're not active at Trade time. There is still a lot of time to go with a week and a half remaining. We are well prepared and I should remind people that we just played finals for the first time in four years on the back of this same philosophy of building the list through the draft.

12:57 Hard_to_Beat - bigfooty.com.au
Congratulations on this momentous achievement. I should remind the football department that playing in the finals for the first time in 4 years hasn't occurred since 1974, during a period in which it was statistically more difficult to make the finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back