Discussion Local League Guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Local League Guernseys

Here's my local team, The Heathmont Jets -
07ffbb794c.gif

Bigger picture, only works as a link for some reason...

heathmontjets_team_w400.jpg

Yep, that's the guernsey all my friends wear whilst I sit at home designing guernseys and playing Street Fighter :eek:

Another one of my local teams, The Ringwood Redbacks, have a very questionable club song...

CHEERS BOYS, CHEERS WE ARE FROM RINGWOOD
IT'S ONLY NOW AND THEN WE LOSE A GAME
"GIVE US A ROAR "
OH WE PLAY THEM ALL ROUND
ON OUR HOME OR ANY GROUND
IF THEY ONLY PLAY A FAIR AND HONEST GAME
"GIVE US A ROAR"​

Who the hell wrote that sh*t? It rhymes once, and not a single time does it mention Redbacks... geeeeez.

Here is ever club jumper and logo from the EFL (Eastern Football League in Melbourne's eastern suburbs)

*right click and save to see the image bigger

Some local teams have shithouse jumpers :thumbsdown: When I get the chance I'll see if I can get some up from my local league. Nothing much too interesting there though

Bayswater have the ugliest uniform ever, off green with a too bright yellow, then black shorts... it's also the team all the ********s play for :thumbsdown:

personally i think glen waverley have the worst uniform, blue with a white lighting bolt, brown and gold vertical stripes. a brown square on the back with white numbers and blue shorts. a result of fairly new senior club entering a competition that already has several hawks based clubs

personally i think glen waverley have the worst uniform, blue with a white lighting bolt, brown and gold vertical stripes. a brown square on the back with white numbers and blue shorts. a result of fairly new senior club entering a competition that already has several hawks based clubs

Wow, that is terrible... but more in a bad-design sense, whereas Bayswater just has a plain ugly colour combination.

This is Sandringham Zebras(VFL). The only difference is East Sandringham Zebras(Juniors) wear blue shorts and only have 3 stripes. I play for juniors but aspire to play VFL one day!!
1160978059sandringham_11.jpg

Please excuse VFL, AFL and KOMBAT Logos on juniors strip!
ZebrasEastHome.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he like the man child of the team ?

Thats gotta be a really bad merger jumper surely, no one would actually DESIGN that

well the juniors originally wore the traditional brown and gold vertical stripes, when the senior club entered the competition they had to change the design because Roville already had that jumper. The senior club then wore the lighting bolt design but it was all brown and gold (actually looked alright) but it clashed to much with Boronia who have the 90's style nab cub hawks jumper. The next season the blue and white was added (I think it has something to do with the original GWFC who joined the VFA) to avoid a colour clash.

Some local teams have shithouse jumpers :thumbsdown: When I get the chance I'll see if I can get some up from my local league. Nothing much too interesting there though

Yeah likewise in the Auckland league.
North Shore Tigers: Black jumper with Gold sash, black shorts with gold panels, and black and gold Hawthorn-style striped socks.
University Blues: Navy blue jumper with white collar, cuffs and UFC crest on guts, white shorts and navy blue socks.
Waitakere Magpies: White jumper with black stripes, black shorts and pink socks :)D).
Mt Roskill Saints: Black jumper in style of 1997 Port Away, with middle stripe/point red and the other two white. Black shorts with red socks in style of Brisbane Lions, central stripe black and flanking stripes white.
Manurewa Raiders: Bottle green jumper with white panels on sides and Raider logo on stomach, white shorts with bottle green panels and bottle green socks.
Pakuranga Godknowswhats: New club who were lent Auckland rep jumpers to play in for their first season. Not that they played anything like provincial reps. I managed to kick a few against them in my third senior match......

The next season the blue and white was added (I think it has something to do with the original GWFC who joined the VFA) to avoid a colour clash.

You mean the Waverley Blues. The VFA team was the Panthers and they wore red and black.

Yeah likewise in the Auckland league.
North Shore Tigers: Black jumper with Gold sash, black shorts with gold panels, and black and gold Hawthorn-style striped socks.
University Blues: Navy blue jumper with white collar, cuffs and UFC crest on guts, white shorts and navy blue socks.
Waitakere Magpies: White jumper with black stripes, black shorts and pink socks :)D).
Mt Roskill Saints: Black jumper in style of 1997 Port Away, with middle stripe/point red and the other two white. Black shorts with red socks in style of Brisbane Lions, central stripe black and flanking stripes white.
Manurewa Raiders: Bottle green jumper with white panels on sides and Raider logo on stomach, white shorts with bottle green panels and bottle green socks.
Pakuranga Godknowswhats: New club who were lent Auckland rep jumpers to play in for their first season. Not that they played anything like provincial reps. I managed to kick a few against them in my third senior match......
What's the standard like in NZ? I assume the Auckland league would have to be the best? Is it mostly ex-pats?

Here is ever club jumper and logo from the EFL (Eastern Football League in Melbourne's eastern suburbs)

*right click and save to see the image bigger
I made those jumpers.

I do the VFL and TAC Cup ones as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back