Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously neither are superstars but both Mozgov and Deng are decent players and good additions to this side for next year and beyond.

We've paid overs for both but such is the nature of free agency - not as if we don't have the cap space. Certainly they are both upgrades on what we had last season which is a step in the right direction.

Add the re-signing of Clarkson which was a priority, and we've started this free agency period just fine.

Will be interesting to see who we add next. We won't land a big fish but we're not done yet.

Obviously neither are superstars but both Mozgov and Deng are decent players and good additions to this side for next year and beyond.

We've paid overs for both but such is the nature of free agency - not as if we don't have the cap space. Certainly they are both upgrades on what we had last season which is a step in the right direction.

Add the re-signing of Clarkson which was a priority, and we've started this free agency period just fine.

Will be interesting to see who we add next. We won't land a big fish but we're not done yet.

Don't the Lakers simply have to tread water for the next year at least.
  • Get another year into the kids
  • Protect next years first round pick again
  • Hope like hell one of the kids develops into a superstar
  • Launch from there

• Launch from there
That plus get Westbrook to sign as a FA.

• Launch from there
We won't be able to do this IMO.

Reckon a Westbrook trade could be on the cards IF we can extend his contract immediately after we trade for him. Something like Clarkson/DLo, Lou and Randle for him?

Then we roll with this:

PG: WB
SG: DLo/Clarkson
SF: Ingram
PF: Deng?
C: Mozgov

Pipe dreams probably, though

We won't be able to do this IMO.

Reckon a Westbrook trade could be on the cards IF we can extend his contract immediately after we trade for him. Something like Clarkson/DLo, Lou and Randle for him?

Then we roll with this:

PG: WB
SG: DLo/Clarkson
SF: Ingram
PF: Deng?
C: Mozgov

Pipe dreams probably, though

Why not? Sixers will be improving soon. I cannot see the Lakers being much better next year. Losing Kobe does not hurt them, he was finished, but the current group have completely zero idea how to play without him which is why this year was such a wasted year. Lakers are certainly on track for bottom 3 again next year IMO

Why not? Sixers will be improving soon. I cannot see the Lakers being much better next year. Losing Kobe does not hurt them, he was finished, but the current group have completely zero idea how to play without him which is why this year was such a wasted year. Lakers are certainly on track for bottom 3 again next year IMO
Reckon we'll see improvement from DLo, Randle, Clarkson and Nance, plus Ingram. Mozgov will be better than Roy. Addition of Deng will help. Besides, if we get no less than 25-30 wins, there's no way WB is coming.

I see the Nets being dead last next season.
Philly to slightly improve
Us to slightly improve
Knicks will improve a lot
Phoenix may stay in a similar position
T-Wolves will improve.
Pelicans to be steady.

I would say the bottom 3 could end up like this.

Suns
Lakers
76ers
Nets (Boston)

Bucks, Magic, Pelicans and Nuggets to win enough to stay away from the bottom four.

I see the Nets being dead last next season.
Philly to slightly improve
Us to slightly improve
Knicks will improve a lot
Phoenix may stay in a similar position
T-Wolves will improve.
Pelicans to be steady.

I would say the bottom 3 could end up like this.

Suns
Lakers
76ers
Nets (Boston)

Bucks, Magic, Pelicans and Nuggets to win enough to stay away from the bottom four.

Bulls?

I see the Lakers doing next season what they should have done this season. Hand it over to the kids. Yes they might get beat up, but it is the only way they learn.

Last season still pisses me off. Cannot believe 1/ Kobe did it and 2/ they let Kobe do it :mad::mad::mad:

Bulls?

I see the Lakers doing next season what they should have done this season. Hand it over to the kids. Yes they might get beat up, but it is the only way they learn.

Last season still pisses me off. Cannot believe 1/ Kobe did it and 2/ they let Kobe do it :mad::mad::mad:
We will be terrible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always nice to start off with a win.

Didn't get to watch the game unfortunately, but from all reports it was a real team effort. That in itself is a great sign and a huge improvement on what we've seen over the past couple of seasons.

It's only one game and there's a long way to go of course, but I'm pretty excited to see what's going to happen this season. Could be an exciting one.

Clarkson was HUGE off the bench. Doubt Young will be starting for much longer if JC keeps that form up.

It'll be interesting to see what happens - I was certainly surprised when news came through that Young was starting.

Clarkson is excellent but he probably didn't produce anything they wouldn't have expected from him. They may like him coming off the bench and being able to have such an impact in that role.

It'll be interesting to see what happens - I was certainly surprised when news came through that Young was starting.

Clarkson is excellent but he probably didn't produce anything they wouldn't have expected from him. They may like him coming off the bench and being able to have such an impact in that role.
Personally I like him as a spark off the bench too. Maybe it'll change when Calderon is healthy again? They might've wanted a better ball carrier off the bench to work with the rotation, hence moving JC to that role.

Well. we started off okay. :(

It's going to be another long year but there will be plenty of positives along the way.

We've definitely improved on last year - and I'm going to enjoy Russell, Randle, Clarkson and Ingram spending plenty of time on court together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back