News Luke Beveridge meltdown in post game press conference, launches an extraordinary tirade at Tom Morris, apologises

Should Luke Beveridge be suspended?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

But is this even a debate about whether Tom Morris is a jerk or not?

I doubt anyone thinks he isn't.

The issue is that Beveridge had a monumental kindergarten melt on national TV. It was utterly embarrassing.
Agreed with this completely.

It's not a matter of one being good and one being bad. Tom Morris is a grub and the things Bevo said were likely true but there's a time and a place to say them. In public on national TV isn't the place and after a loss isn't the time.

The issue is that Beveridge had a monumental kindergarten melt on national TV. It was utterly embarrassing.
Old news - we've moved on to Tom Morris objectifying his co-workers with spectacular misogyny

I think most on here are agreeing on the same thing. Dislike Morris but doesn’t excuse Lukes outburst and an apology is required.

Those going outside of that and attacking Bevos character and mental health, just because it’s the easy thing to do at this point, I think are out of line.

I think most on here are agreeing on the same thing. Dislike Morris but doesn’t excuse Lukes outburst and an apology is required.

Those going outside of that and attacking Bevos character and mental health, I think are out of line.

My comment about LB’s ‘stability’ was genuine - it was so out of character..I wonder if there was some personal issue btwn them...or he hasn’t digested last year.

Who knows? :shrug:

If it's the third time in three games that TM has been leaked team selection info then there is a greater issue at large here for the Bulldogs, mistrust.

In hindsight that's what Beveridge should've addressed last night - that TM can hide behind ' simply doing his job' while it knowingly creates friction and mistrust at the club.
Isn't that the bigger story for Morris, then? Seems like he wants to ride it rather than kill the golden goose.

Old news - we've moved on to Tom Morris objectifying his co-workers with spectacular misogyny
Man you stop reading the thread for 5 minutes...

The Tom Morris voice memo

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Also Adelaide passing on the "media vendetta against the club" torch to the Bulldogs
boss olympic GIF

My comment about LB’s ‘stability’ was genuine - it was so out of character..I wonder if there was some personal issue btwn them...or he hasn’t digested last year.

Who knows? :shrug:

Yeah I somewhat agree. There’s a few taking pot shots at him saying it’s the norm regarding his character, but it’s really not. And if you watch all his pressers like I do, he actually has a crazy good relationship with alot of Journos. This one has somehow tipped him over the edge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's be honest even if the press conference continued we would get the usual football cliches.

With everyone media trained that's all that gets answered these days

Irrelevant distraction. Address the issue,

Beavo tried to bully a jorno out of doing his job. It WAS bullying. It WAS abusive,

Bevo clearly said that other reporters have previously made contact with the club prior to releasing information like this which is what he would expect.

incorrect

Beveridge clearly said other journalists call up the club with unconfirmed information prior to publishing. That is called precedence.

I'd suggest he knows more than you do.

Now stop quoting me before you read posts.

Your words - information "like this" or all information?

Agreed with this completely.

It's not a matter of one being good and one being bad. Tom Morris is a grub and the things Bevo said were likely true but there's a time and a place to say them. In public on national TV isn't the place and after a loss isn't the time.
To be honest, I don't even care that he did it publicly like that.

The issue was that he just sounded like a rambling, drunken, childish fool having a barely coherent sook.

At least if you're going to flame someone, make it a good one. What Beveridge dished up was just nonsense.

To be honest, I don't even care that he did it publicly like that.

The issue was that he just sounded like a rambling, drunken, childish fool having a barely coherent sook.

At least if you're going to flame someone, make it a good one. What Beveridge dished up was just nonsense.
It was pretty s**t. Needs to watch more WWE from the late 90s and learn how to cut a proper promo

I'm not going to defend Beveridge's outburst, obviously coming off the way he did isn't a good look. But the fact that Tom Morris has done this now for a 3rd time in a row, without speaking to the club (which he probably should have in hindsight after the third time it happened), goes to show that he doesn't respect the Dogs as an organisation or he's worried about losing his source.
What do you think the club are going to say to him?

Back