News Luke Beveridge meltdown in post game press conference, launches an extraordinary tirade at Tom Morris, apologises

Should Luke Beveridge be suspended?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well they're not exactly going to mess with team selection/structure just because he knows something.

I'm not privy to what goes on with this kind of stuff inside the four walls of a club but I'd imagine it would go along the lines of "let us get on the front foot and deal with the leak internally and in exchange we'll help you out with something in the future".

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

Anyone heard the clip of him talking about another presenter being lesbian?

Tbh I dunno why all the hate, someone said a player wouldn’t be selected and he reported it ffs

If there is a next time for him, he will make sure he tells the club first.

Lets see how he likes leaks.

Yeah, sounds like Bevo needs to find the person who's leaking info to the media, and not fly off the handle at a press conference and make personal attacks on a journo who has an inside source lol

This, a leaky ship is the captains reponsibility and lets be honest, its game selection which is jouno's bread and butter.

Jouno's shouldn't have to check back with clubs on information provided to them by that club's officials.

However, if the jouno is paying said club official for the info then all bets are off.

Perhaps Bevo should have asked in an open forum if Tom pays club officials for info?

This, a leaky ship is the captains reponsibility and lets be honest, its game selection which is jouno's bread and butter.

Jouno's shouldn't have to check back with clubs on information provided to them by that club's officials.

However, if the jouno is paying said club official for the info then all bets are off.

Perhaps Bevo should have asked in an open forum if Tom pays club officials for info?
He kinda suggested that with his comments about the soft cap and that Morris has been preying on WB people ect

It wasn’t great, no.

But all the backslapping of Tom from his media pals seems to have dried up suddenly?

thhre we are then.

Morris character isn't the question here.the Witch hunt of abuse because of the good/guy.bad guy he deserved it line it just so much irrelevant crap. Morris reported a simple football story, sure he had a leak. Run of the mill nothing at all. Beavo engaged in crossing the line bullying abuse.

The torrent of abuse directed at Morris really does not do the big footy poster ship much credit. yeah football journalism generally isn't great. Morris may or may not have been a great guy and stiff can be found.

So what. It;s an abusive irrelevant witch hunt. We should be better than this,

Address the issue on it's merits.

i think TM has bigger issues now anway....

Will be good to see how he deals with a leak, when said leak is against him.
I'm more interested to see how the media report it. Clear workplace misogyny on show by one of their most prominent journos. I don't know about you, but that's far worse than anything Bevo had to say, which came from a place of protecting his players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you see a coach directing anger at a journalist who has disrespected his club as being irrational?

I’ll grant Beveridge could have formed a slightly better plan of attack in one or two respects, but the fact he was angry at Morris seemed perfectly natural to me.

Youu can be angry and make criticism with behaving like this,

It was bullying and abusive. It's not professional conduct.

I'm more interested to see how the media report it. Clear workplace misogyny on show by one of their most prominent journos. I don't know about you, but that's far worse than anything Bevo had to say, which came from a place of protecting his players.
They will bury it , but the leaks about his behaviour will be ongoing for a few days

I can see the reasons why he did but he went about it so wrong.

Was anything he said untrue though?

Gutter Journalism - "A derogatory term for media which use sensational reporting without concern for the harm it will do individuals"

It's quite clear that the journo has reported the team without concern for the harm it does to the club players and staff, especially in the case of Ryan Gardner finding out from the media that he had been dropped so that's quite clearly an accurate sentiment.

Conflict of interest - while not really relevant - technically has a grain of truth. Reporters who are supporters should stay away from reporting on games played by their own teams.

Muckraker - "A sensationalist, scandal-mongering journalist, one who is not driven by any social principles."
Perhaps this is a bit harsh but Beveridge did back it up with the argument that other journos always report leaks to the club, and Tom Morris is an outlier by not following this practice.

Embarrasment - Well that's Bevo's opinion which he is entitled to have.
True or not (and I'd say not) it was inappropriate. It was the wrong forum and the wrong way to communicate his frustration. I'd expect the club will issue a statement to that effect at some stage.

"Protecting his players" from what? weekly selection stories?
What a joke.

Some of you people realise it is possible to hold simultaneous views of Bevo and Morris right?

Like, Morris getting a story right as per his job and making Bevo look like a goose is mutually exclusive to him being on record as saying some truly ordinary things?

Hitting the archives just makes it look like Dogs fans can't handle it when Bevo makes a fool out of himself and they need to shoot the messenger.

Some of you people would have a mental breakdown if you supported WCE, considering the vitriol the club cops from the Vic media most weeks.

Thankfully the club treats it for what it is, white noise. Pity for WB Beveridge is totally incapable of blocking out the media.
Vic media hardly ever talk about WC.

There is no conspiracy "over east" against Perth, WA or the Eagles.

I'm not going to defend Beveridge's outburst, obviously coming off the way he did isn't a good look. But the fact that Tom Morris has done this now for a 3rd time in a row, without speaking to the club (which he probably should have in hindsight after the third time it happened), goes to show that he doesn't respect the Dogs as an organisation or he's worried about losing his source.

I wonder if the club had approached him after either of the last two times to say "mate next time give us a heads up if you're going to run with this".

Back