News Luke Beveridge meltdown in post game press conference, launches an extraordinary tirade at Tom Morris, apologises

Should Luke Beveridge be suspended?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

All these anti morris leaks coming out is more the reason the AFL needs to come down hard on Bevo

Is a bad look for the sport after one of their coaches made an idiot of himself under their banner

Nothing has changed, Bevo still made a complete ass of himself.
Absolutely he did, and I didn’t suggest anything had changed about Bevo’s behaviour.

What has annoyed me most today is all the journos worried about poor old Tommy boy, but are happy to question Beveridge’s mental health and suitability for his job in a very public space.

Does anyone know about the Tom Morris audio that has been released?

(Apparently bad mouths a colleague).

you are about an hour late

there are multiple videos if him being a dick.

What did he say and about who?
PM me please.

scroll in the thread.

said a lesbian colleague had a "liquor licence"

also posted a video of him bad mouthing LTGBQI people. was clearly intoxicated.

I can see the reasons why he did but he went about it so wrong.
In this I feel for him. He got angry and as a result the message went all over the shop. I've been there. Most people like me are lucky those scenes don't play out on national television. If he's anything like me he spent the night going over and over how it should have gone

In this I feel for him. He got angry and as a result the message went all over the shop. I've been there. Most people like me are lucky those scenes don't play out on national television. If he's anything like me he spent the night going over and over how it should have gone

Would have been a very sleepless night for Luke..

All these anti morris leaks coming out is more the reason the AFL needs to come down hard on Bevo

Is a bad look for the sport after one of their coaches made an idiot of himself under their banner
Hate gets more hate, it is a terrible look for the sport.
when you have senior people like coaches behaving stupidly by belittling the media it sets a ball in motion .

Morris is a misogynistic clown that also needs to be dealt with By Fox.
What other sound bites is Morris now going to release?? Who will he take his revenge on.

We are at 1 game into Round one and look at what the talking points for the AFL season are, it is disgusting .
Gil needs to make a stand on the bevo issue And come down hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don’t get how people don’t think stuff like this - Caroline Wilson lashes Luke Beveridge over 'disgraceful' press conference - isn’t equally as poor.

Insinuating that someone has mental health issues, isn’t fit to do their job etc.

What Beveridge did last night was poor, and embarrassed me as a Bulldogs supporter, but the media seem to think that they can criticise with complete impunity.
Caro just being Caro.

She has suggested a six figure fine and an apology.

Has Caro ever apologised for any of her accusations over the years?

It was definitely forthright and direct and public.

Bullying? I say no. But give us the reason Beveridge’s tirade meets your definition of bullying and abuse...

he trued to force M<orris to leave the press conference, when he did not he left. He was pressuring other journoilsts to hang Morris out by thisl/ He made personally abusive comments. He was using his position to beliitle andbully Morris.

I

how in the blue * is in Bevo's fault that Tom Morris is a twat of a bloke who seemingly in his own time away from the camera is a bigger dickhead than what he is when he is on TV?

Which frankly I thought would be hard for him to pull off.

If Morris is going to leak on others, he should be prepared to receive leaks of himself.

Regardless which side of the argument you stand on, it was still ridiculous that the FIRST question asked in the press conference was dead set on the Lachie Hunter stuff, instead of, you know... the actual ******* game?

Questions about individual players usually come AFTER questions about the game itself do they not?

Absolutely he did, and I didn’t suggest anything had changed about Bevo’s behaviour.

What has annoyed me most today is all the journos worried about poor old Tommy boy, but are happy to question Beveridge’s mental health and suitability for his job in a very public space.

'To publicly lash a reporter doing his job is stepping outside the boundaries of acceptable behaviour.

There's no question many coaches dislike attending post-match media conferences, particularly after a loss, but it comes with the job.

Beveridge was clearly emotional — sources have told the ABC Sport that he could be heard from outside the coaches box during the game.

Morris may have just been a whipping boy – the first target for Beveridge to vent at after the loss. But that is no excuse.'

Caro just being Caro.

She has suggested a six figure fine and an apology.

Has Caro ever apologised for any of her accusations over the years?

She plays the mental health card.. yet tormented James Hird in the media for years. Barrett did the same to Tommy Boyd.

Mental health only suits the media when it benefits them.

All other things aside, even Bevo confirmed theres a leak. You think Morris got a serve, imagine the poor soon to be deceased fool who's been leaking info when Bevo finds out who it is.

Juts not relevant. It;s simple about respect and behavior. Beavo was out of line.
Yes, as you keep telling me.
There’s two separate issues at play here.
1. Bevo was totally out of line last night and should be ashamed.
2. Morris is a pig of a bloke.
I was responding to someone who seemed to be insinuating that it’s Beveridge’s fault that Morris is a pig.
Like you have helpfully pointed out on multiple occasions, the two are not connected.

I'm more interested to see how the media report it. Clear workplace misogyny on show by one of their most prominent journos. I don't know about you, but that's far worse than anything Bevo had to say, which came from a place of protecting his players.
Workplace misogyny? Pathetic throwing such strong words and accusations around when it isn't the case, wasn't misogyny and nor was it in the workplace. Maybe lookup definitions before making statements. Yeah the audio was explicit to an extent however his comments did not direct any hatred or aversion towards women what so ever. It was clearly a private conversation away from work. Nothing to see here.

Back