News Luke Beveridge meltdown in post game press conference, launches an extraordinary tirade at Tom Morris, apologises

Should Luke Beveridge be suspended?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Regardless which side of the argument you stand on, it was still ridiculous that the FIRST question asked in the press conference was dead set on the Lachie Hunter stuff, instead of, you know... the actual ******* game?

Questions about individual players usually come AFTER questions about the game itself do they not?

Most questions now are to get someone to have a slip of the tongue and to then create a click bait headline. It’s 100% part of their job now. Bont asked again mid week about the freed from desire song.. do we actually think asking the same stupid question is good journalism?

'To publicly lash a reporter doing his job is stepping outside the boundaries of acceptable behaviour.

There's no question many coaches dislike attending post-match media conferences, particularly after a loss, but it comes with the job.

Beveridge was clearly emotional — sources have told the ABC Sport that he could be heard from outside the coaches box during the game.

Morris may have just been a whipping boy – the first target for Beveridge to vent at after the loss. But that is no excuse.'
I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here, but as I’ve said on multiple occasions, Beveridge’s behaviour last night was v ordinary.

What is also v ordinary are the journos falling over themselves to defend Tom and displaying similar behaviour to that which they’re calling out?

he trued to force M<orris to leave the press conference, when he did not he left. He was pressuring other journoilsts to hang Morris out by thisl/ He made personally abusive comments. He was using his position to beliitle andbully Morris.

I

He merely politely suggested Morris may wish to take his leave. 😂

Bevo having his wires crossed about whose press conference it was doesn’t mean his request constituted bullying. If he physically ejected Morris, then yes.

Which comments specifically did you think were “personally abusive?”

Which comments do you think were belittling?

Workplace misogyny? Pathetic throwing such strong words and accusations around when it isn't the case, wasn't misogyny and nor was it in the workplace. Maybe lookup definitions before making statements. Yeah the audio was explicit to an extent however his comments did not direct any hatred or aversion towards women what so ever. It was clearly a private conversation away from work. Nothing to see here.

and what about the drunken audio of him telling people to stop hating on him because he isn't gay, black or Asian?

And i would suggest saying your lesbian colleague has a "liquor License" is not well received by the LBGQTI community

If you're going to piss in a fire you'd better check you are not covered in gasoline.

He merely politely suggested Morris may wish to take his leave. 😂

Bevo having his wires crossed about whose press conference it was doesn’t mean his request constituted bullying. If he physically ejected Morris, then yes.

Which comments specifically did you think were “personally abusive?”

Which comments do you think were belittling?

Come back when you can be objective.

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here, but as I’ve said on multiple occasions, Beveridge’s behaviour last night was v ordinary.

What is also v ordinary are the journos falling over themselves to defend Tom and displaying similar behaviour to that which they’re calling out?

Clarity is my point.

It doesn’t matter if Morris considers it dropped, because the AFL officially recognised a medical sub as part of a team eligible to step foot on the field, and as a result, counts toward their total game tally - see the furore over Connor Downie named as medical sub for his debut last year. Morris should be expected to abide by that definition, not his own.

Yes Bevo was wrong to make it personal, but Tom Morris reported something as fact that wasn’t, and clearly didn’t bother to do it the ethical way. Let’s not pretend that he was perfect
Since the medical sub has been in play pretty much all media outlets include players who come out of the starting 22 and end up as a medical sub as an "omission" (it actually confused the absolute s*** out of me at first). You're technically correct in that he was selected as a player who was eligible to play in the game, but Tom isn't on his own in acknowledging it as being dropped... Almost everyone does.

He reported it in a way that people have become accustomed to and that they understand. Trying to argue semantics here achieves nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Workplace misogyny? Pathetic throwing such strong words and accusations around when it isn't the case, wasn't misogyny and nor was it in the workplace. Maybe lookup definitions before making statements. Yeah the audio was explicit to an extent however his comments did not direct any hatred or aversion towards women what so ever. It was clearly a private conversation away from work. Nothing to see here.
Misogyny is the wrong word, my bad. But it is certainly harassment in the form of deregetory language directed toward a colleague.

i also suggest that you look up the definition of a liquor licence in this context. Maybe you'll change your mind that there's nothing to see here.

and what about the drunken audio of him telling people to stop hating on him because he isn't gay, black or Asian?

And i would suggest saying your lesbian colleague has a "liquor License" is not well received by the LBGQTI community

If you're going to piss in a fire you'd better check you are not covered in gasoline.
Gotta admit, took me a while to get that.
Now that i do, thats a **** joke. But lines up with morris' reporting so no surprise.

Surprised the afl hasnt come out yet.
Gil waiting for a soft runway to land on i imagine.

Misogyny is the wrong word, my bad. But it is certainly harassment in the form of deregetory language directed toward a colleague.

i also suggest that you look up the definition of a liquor licence in this context. Maybe you'll change your mind that there's nothing to see here.
There wouldnt be many a profession these days that doesn't see that come with a stern warning to pull your head in both on how you speak about colleagues and managing your drinking when in company presence

Right targets and points, worst possible place to air them.

A sucky night for the club.

But I'm not going to cop Damo Barrett, Kane Cornes and Caro throwing barbs. They've done enough damage to players' over the years to be able to take the high ground.

Regardless which side of the argument you stand on, it was still ridiculous that the FIRST question asked in the press conference was dead set on the Lachie Hunter stuff, instead of, you know... the actual ******* game?

Questions about individual players usually come AFTER questions about the game itself do they not?
It wasn't the first question he answered 4 or 5 questions before hand that were quite measured and calm, then this question set him off the whole presser is on the AFL website.

Right targets and points, worst possible place to air them.

A sucky night for the club.

But I'm not going to cop Damo Barrett, Kane Cornes and Caro throwing barbs. They've done enough damage to players' over the years to be able to take the high ground.
It was inevitable and why bevo shouldnt have done it.

He's ceded the high ground now and morris and his kind will dine out on the club now.

Back