News Luke Beveridge meltdown in post game press conference, launches an extraordinary tirade at Tom Morris, apologises

Should Luke Beveridge be suspended?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You can think how you want. But it has a boundary and it can exceed/extend into someone elses boundaries.
I.e think you co worker is hot and its a shame their sexual preference means any chance you'd have with them is null and void.

Be wary of saying it aloud is all.
Freedom of thought is still ok. Freedom of expression has never existed.
I agree with you. The fact that it was a private conversation is what makes it a grey area in terms of workplace sanctions. Everyone would be sacked if private convos were made public.

It should be after that level of disgrace

I’ve been his biggest fan and I said from the get-go that it was way out of line. In my opinion, an apology, a fine and if there are underlying anger issues then perhaps some type of anger assistance would be sufficient. On top of that, some kind of push to promote the stamping out of workplace bullying.
A suspension for that isn’t warranted but just my opinion.

The people you are close with usually have a similar means of expression, and usually use language that reflects the group's boundaries. Hence being part of the group.

If a private convo is not pushing anyone's boundaries in terms of what they view as respectful, then there is no issue. Just because you have different standards when it comes to the way you express yourself, doesn't make anyone else less of a person, less intelligent, or disrespectful for having a laugh with da Boyz.

I definitely do value respect etc, but I also don't take everything too seriously and would much prefer having a fun convo with da Boyz on Friday evening rather than tip toe on egg shells talking politics and world affairs around people who take themselves too seriously (and pretend they've got no dirty laundry;)

Weird you keep trying to imply the behaviour is ok, then claim everyone else has dirty laundry.

It’s pretty simple. Don’t be a disrespectful campaigner to or about women who won’t have sex with you. It’s tough for some to get it, I know.

Tom’s comments about his colleague in no way justifies Bevos colossal melt last night. The only people who think so are either degenerates or rusted on bulldogs fans who think their club can never do anything wrong.

Could have missed it, but don’t think I’ve seen any Bulldogs supporters say that?

Bevo vindicated, turns out not only is Tom a gutter (former) journalist but a gutter human to boot

There is sadly some who do...

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Bevo vindicated, turns out not only is Tom a gutter (former) journalist but a gutter human to boot

Not for a second. It does not matter about Morris character and past. It;s about Beavos actions. Which he has apologized for.

In this incident Morris did nothing wrong. Beavo acted badly.

Turning into witch hunt cancel culture pile on has just been ugly. massive irrelevance that has justified or vindicated nothing.

It;s massive smoke screen and irrelevance.

Jorunalist should be able to do they job and ask questions without bullying , haresment and mass internet pile on;s of rumors and shade,

EVerytime some reports something that isn't liked, chllanges a privilaged person, triggers an examining their life in order to tear them down and justify priviolgde and bullying is just ugly. cancel them.

Shoot the messagener, reserach the messengers past, burn his character to the ground.

Privileged people cannot be challenged.

Lynch mob in action.

'

Weird you keep trying to imply the behaviour is ok, then claim everyone else has dirty laundry.

It’s pretty simple. Don’t be a disrespectful campaigner to women who won’t have sex with you. It’s tough for some to get it, I know.
I think you need to get it through your head that he wasn't disrespectful to the woman. He didn't say it to her and never intended for it to reach her. He just expressed his preference to his own mates using language that you don't like.

Each group of mates have different boundaries they're willing to accept in terms of language or jokes etc in a private setting. It's all subjective and not for you to judge. That audio was not in a public setting. In public is the only place that consensus has a say.

I agree with you. The fact that it was a private conversation is what makes it a grey area in terms of workplace sanctions. Everyone would be sacked if private convos were made public.
If you're being racist, homophobic, sexist and mysogynistic in your private convos, you deserve for it to be made public. It's not normal

As for commenting on his coworker. Calling her hot is relatively harmless. References to her oral sex ability is way out of line

If you're being racist, homophobic, sexist and mysogynistic in your private convos, you deserve for it to be made public. It's not normal

As for commenting on his coworker. Calling her hot is relatively harmless. References to her oral sex ability is way out of line
And what if a person in the group is making a racist or sexist joke on behalf of their identity?
What if I have a lesbian in my private convo who refers to herself and other lesbians as having a liquor license? Should that be made public and she be sacked for accepting a joke at her own expense?

Might sound like a silly example but it's just hilarious that you're trying to draw the line on everyone's private conversations. Who is anyone to choose on everyone's behalf what is and isn't disrespectful? Unless it blatant and in a public space then it's not even a topic for conversation. What and how people talk in private is completely subjective and none of anyone's business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few leaked audio tapes of Morris talking smack from god knows when does not in any way shape or form excuse the way Beveridge conducted himself.

And what if a person in the group is making a racist or sexist joke on behalf of their identity?
What if I have a lesbian in my private convo who refers to herself and other lesbians as having a liquor license? Should that be made public and she be sacked for accepting a joke at her own expense?

Might sound like a silly example but it's just hilarious that you're trying to draw the line on everyone's private conversations. Who is anyone to choose on everyone's behalf what is and isn't disrespectful? Unless it blatant and in a public space then it's not even a topic for conversation. What and how people talk in private is completely subjective and none of anyone's business.
Is Tom a lesbian? Or Asian? Or Black? Or a Woman?

All I'm seeing is the serial Bulldogs leaker , found out this morning by bevo (dressed in full Dog the bounty hunter outfit) and held ransom until he has something on Tommy.
Im a dual agent Bev, please please don't sack me!!!

Is Tom a lesbian? Or Asian? Or Black? Or a Woman?
How do you know that Megan doesn't accept Tom talking that way to him? Who knows she might even be the type that doesn't take it too seriously and likes dishing it back.

Moral of the story it's none of your business.

good to see you an angel though.
I’m no angel but I’m not a moronic bogan either.

That said, you’re not eligible for sainthood because you refrain from using homophobic terms. It’s just normal decent behaviour, honestly.

I think you need to get it through your head that he wasn't disrespectful to the woman. He didn't say it to her and never intended for it to reach her. He just expressed his preference to his own mates using language that you don't like.

Each group of mates have different boundaries they're willing to accept in terms of language or jokes etc in a private setting. It's all subjective and not for you to judge. That audio was not in a public setting. In public is the only place that consensus has a say.

When ‘expressing his preference’ is just him being a disrespectful prick about another person (a coworker makes it even worse) using language that is definitely not appropriate then there’s nothing subjective about it.

It’s pretty simple; there’s people who get it (almost everyone saying Morris was out of line) and people who don’t (you).

No one is policing what you think, but if you want to talk like a disrespectful campaigner, then be prepared for people to call it out as being a disrespectful campaigner.

How do you know that Megan doesn't accept Tom talking that way to him? Who knows she might even be the type that doesn't take it too seriously and likes dishing it back.

Moral of the story it's none of your business.
Yeah I'll bet she loves people referring to her "Liquor Licence" in a group chat that doesn't involve her. I hope you don't have daughters mate

When ‘expressing his preference’ is just him being a disrespectful prick about another person (a coworker makes it even worse) using language that is definitely not appropriate then there’s nothing subjective about it.

It’s pretty simple; there’s people who get it (almost everyone saying Morris was out of line) and people who don’t (you).

No one is policing what you think, but if you want to talk like a disrespectful campaigner, then be prepared for people to call it out as being a disrespectful campaigner.
You have no idea if Megan accepts that sort of language from Tom or not. Maybe they have a close relationship and have loose boundaries. You have absolutely 0 context from these audio recordings to pass any judgement.

Not for a second. It does not matter about Morris character and past. It;s about Beavos actions. Which he has apologized for.

In this incident Morris did nothing wrong. Beavo acted badly.

Turning into witch hunt cancel culture pile on has just been ugly. massive irrelevance that has justified or vindicated nothing.

It;s massive smoke screen and irrelevance.

Jorunalist should be able to do they job and ask questions without bullying , haresment and mass internet pile on;s of rumors and shade,

EVerytime some reports something that isn't liked, chllanges a privilaged person, triggers an examining their life in order to tear them down and justify priviolgde and bullying is just ugly. cancel them.

Shoot the messagener, reserach the messengers past, burn his character to the ground.

Privileged people cannot be challenged.

Lynch mob in action.

'
Poor honest Tom.

Yeah I'll bet she loves people referring to her "Liquor Licence" in a group chat that doesn't involve her. I hope you don't have daughters mate
She might, you have 0 context to come to the conclusion that she doesn't. I have a gay mate who thoroughly enjoys being called a Gluck Gluck 2000

And key word- 'doesnt involve her'

If I had a daughter I'd also prefer if people weren't gagged and forced to pretend to be someone they're not by hiding their true thoughts. That way she would beable to actually judge a potential partners character better rather than bring home an undercover pervert.

Back