List Mgmt. Welcome Luke Dahlhaus as free agent (CONFIRMED & OFFICIAL 5 Oct)

Luke Dahlhaus . Do you want him at Geelong?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So the AFLs official statistics and player ratings are wrong?
Surely no one takes notice of the AFL player ratings. I think Menegola was ranking 14 or similar at the end of th home and away series. That is a joke on any level. Our game last week Scott Selwood went in rated higher than Joel. Seriously wtf!

I quoted the champion data numbers which I do think are the only genuine system in the game that comes close to calculating a players worth.

So in 34 games you think Parfitt has only played one good game ?
I actually said really good, but way to misquote.
What do you think? How many really good games do you think he's played?
Not just good moments, but good games?
Care to name them?

Not even sure I know what I think it is ... apart from togs optional..

.. and I think I can do without seeing more skin on some people who would look better with more on. It like a Seinfeld episode of good naked and bad naked.
Used to run my dogs there, knew it was a nudey beach but sort of pictured it in my head as like a beach in Brazil, hot nude chicks playing volleyball etc etc.
I just assumed that no-one used the nude option.
Then walking back through the dunes to my car one day I saw 4 60yo+ blokes come out from behind a dune together. All starkers.

Used to run my dogs there, knew it was a nudey beach but sort of pictured it in my head as like a beach in Brazil, hot nude chicks playing volleyball etc etc.
Then walking back through the dunes to my car one day I saw 4 60yo+ blokes come out from behind a dune together. All starkers.

Care to name them?
Excellent in rounds 19 & 22 v Lions & Dockers. Had a genuine cracker earlier in the year v the Saints. Huge ranking points that night, as good a game from a second year player as you could possibly have. Tracking very very nicely for the club. No leg speed at all but extremely evasive so needs to get into the guts as soon as possible.

Ewwwwww

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Care to name them?
Round 1 against Melbourne
Round 4 against St.Kilda
Round 5 against Port
Round 16 against Sydney
Round 19 against Brisbane
Round 22 against Fremantle

Were all really good games ... then

Round 2 against Hawthorn
Round 12 against Nth

Were solid

It was just his 2nd year of football and he's probably the most composed player on our list. He has something you can't teach ... he makes time stand still around him and isn't rushed when he has the ball. He is silky and he is skilful. And he's only played 34 games of AFL football.

Excellent in rounds 19 & 22 v Lions & Dockers. Had a genuine cracker earlier in the year v the Saints. Huge ranking points that night, as good a game from a second year player as you could possibly have. Tracking very very nicely for the club. No leg speed at all but extremely evasive so needs to get into the guts as soon as possible.
Yeah the Saints game is the BOG game I was talking about. Remember it well.
Bought it up in nearly every post I made about him.
Not reffering to you, but I swear on here sometimes its like "someone said Geelong player isn't as good as a player from another team. He must think he's s**t"

Round 1 against Melbourne
Round 4 against St.Kilda
Round 5 against Port
Round 16 against Sydney
Round 19 against Brisbane
Round 22 against Fremantle

Were all really good games ... then

Round 2 against Hawthorn
Round 12 against Nth

Were solid

It was just his 2nd year of football and he's probably the most composed player on our list. He has something you can't teach ... he makes time stand still around him and isn't rushed when he has the ball. He is silky and he is skilful. And he's only played 34 games of AFL football.
Id have his second ever game against Melbourne as good game.
Considering is experience though it was really really good.
The Saints game as by far his best.
The Freo game he was good, did kick a lot of goals though.
Ive always talked him up. But this started from your post saying he's better the Dollhouse. He just isn't yet.

Parf is much faster than people seem to think... maybe not over long distances, but he has really strong closing speed.

Id have his second ever game against Melbourne as good game.
Considering is experience though it was really really good.
The Saints game as by far his best.
The Freo game he was good, did kick a lot of goals though.
Ive always talked him up. But this started from your post saying he's better the Dollhouse. He just isn't yet.
As it sits he is ... well and truly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is interesting to hear frggr. Weird. How can it be explained?
No idea, really. I'm sure there's some talk out there, but it's not loud like the Hawks are (they do it a bit to put off opposition players, too).

I reckon a fair bit of Geelong's 'form' can be explained by a lack of 'team first' ethos, of which this quietness is a symptom.

I would have thought that if coming to us was a definite then he would have nominated us by now, just find it strange its all quiet on the Dahlhaus front.

Suspect that Cooks review is impacting all decision making at present and trades etc are being placed on hold until they agree change in direction implications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would have thought that if coming to us was a definite then he would have nominated us by now, just find it strange its all quiet on the Dahlhaus front.

Most FAs wont nominate where they are going until the GF has been and gone.

Very happy with this acquisition.

An aggressive inside mid.
I see him as the Prestia type. Accumulating possessions, applying defensive pressure, letting other mids run free and the cost is only his salery !
This is precisely what you'll be getting. You won't be getting a forward as some are suggesting.

Hasn't been a forward of any worth since about 2012.

This is precisely what you'll be getting. You won't be getting a forward as some are suggesting.

Hasn't been a forward of any worth since about 2012.

That's my thoughts too. I think he will play predominantly as a mid. I think us recruiting him is because Kelly is a good chance of leaving (this year or next), Ablett has one more year left and Scott likes the option of playing Danger forward quire regularly. I'd be very surprised if he was played as a permanent small forward.

That's my thoughts too. I think he will play predominantly as a mid. I think us recruiting him is because Kelly is a good chance of leaving (this year or next), Ablett has one more year left and Scott likes the option of playing Danger forward quire regularly. I'd be very surprised if he was played as a permanent small forward.
Perhaps Ablett more forward too? We are screaming out for a good small forward. Dahl isn't that and hasn't been that for a long time.

Back