Free Agency Luke Dahlhaus [joins Geelong as an Unrestricted Free Agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats all over him like a rash .

That's really not surprising given a) we had him training with us in his draft year and would likely have rookied him until WB got in first and b) all our small forwards are either unproven or injured.

10th down to 14th
15th up to 10th.

One is going up the other heading down.

Lol one team had a shocking injury run, one didn't.

One team relies on youth the other relies on senior citizens like Waite.

One team relies on a soft outside player who chokes in big moments, the other club rejected him.

Is it habit that see North posters rummaging around in every player trade thread?

Not sure why a poor kicking 'meat grinder' team like North would go after more of the same in Dahlhaus who happens to be one of the worst kicks in the league.

Polec, Kelly, Martin, JDG, JOM etc etc etc etc etc etc I can understand.....but Dahlhaus?

Lol one team had a shocking injury run, one didn't.

One team relies on youth the other relies on senior citizens like Waite.

One team relies on a soft outside player who chokes in big moments, the other club rejected him.

Is it habit that see North posters rummaging around in every player trade thread?

Not sure why a poor kicking 'meat grinder' team like North would go after more of the same in Dahlhaus who happens to be one of the worst kicks in the league.

Polec, Kelly, Martin, JDG, JOM etc etc etc etc etc etc I can understand.....but Dahlhaus?
My post is a fact.

Your post is an opinion.

Some don't like facts.

That's really not surprising given a) we had him training with us in his draft year and would likely have rookied him until WB got in first and b) all our small forwards are either unproven or injured.
c) he is a Geelong junior and surfs.

If he goes anywhere I imagine it's Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get there are petty squables and such but where does a Kangas supporter get off criticising the performance of the Dogs when they won a flag 2 years ago?
If they are a mess now what does 2 or 20 years ago matter? Dahl should be the start of the broom going through the Kennel.

If they are a mess now what does 2 or 20 years ago matter? Dahl should be the start of the broom going through the Kennel.
I know I'd rather support a club that has won a flag recently than a club that lost 2 prelims recently.

Just make fun of Carlton/Bris or something, they're easy targets

Do they need a small forward?
Post above say they do, although I did like Gryan Miers (forgive spelling) during his draft year but don't know where he's at.

Point is moot really - Dahl has been playing midfield for a couple of years now and barely rests forward. Speed on the outside plus pressure on the ball carrier seem to be his forte these days and I guess Geelong could use that esp,. if they lose Kelly. I'm guessing his ability to curtail teams spreading and his ability to provide pressure to running types appeals to both Scott brothers.

Surprised we haven't signed him (and Wallis) up yet considering both are good pressure players and that's the direction the game is going, and as mature players we need their age profile as 17 of the 20 youngest teams fielded this year have been Bulldog sides.

My post is a fact.

Your post is an opinion.

Some don't like facts.
Fact - on the weekend north avg age 26, Dogs 23

Fact - Dogs were missing 8/9 best 22, North were missing Jacobs and maybe Hartung

Lol.

Dahlhaus won't help North - opinion.

Hahaha we need about 4 decent one's lol. Shoehorning HBFers as small forwards isn't ideal.
Post above say they do, although I did like Gryan Miers (forgive spelling) during his draft year but don't know where he's at.

Point is moot really - Dahl has been playing midfield for a couple of years now and barely rests forward. Speed on the outside plus pressure on the ball carrier seem to be his forte these days and I guess Geelong could use that esp,. if they lose Kelly. I'm guessing his ability to curtail teams spreading and his ability to provide pressure to running types appeals to both Scott brothers.

Surprised we haven't signed him (and Wallis) up yet considering both are good pressure players and that's the direction the game is going, and as mature players we need their age profile as 17 of the 20 youngest teams fielded this year have been Bulldog sides.
Will win our VFL leading goal kicker award. Has that innate goal sense, just is a tad gassed by 4th quarters.

Hahaha we need about 4 decent one's lol. Shoehorning HBFers as small forwards isn't ideal.

Will win our VFL leading goal kicker award. Has that innate goal sense, just is a tad gassed by 4th quarters.
Parfit, Ablett (would be better to push forward now, Menzel, Fogarty, Narkle. Wound't have thought small forward is their biggest need.

c) he is a Geelong junior and surfs.

If he goes anywhere I imagine it's Geelong.

You can surf lots of other places though.

But yeah I agree. Probably get the Dogs 2nd rnd compo too you'd imagine which is not terrible.

All our small forwards are either quality but injured (McCarthy Cockatoo) unproven kids with potential but not bankable (Fogarty Narkle Jones Simpson) or crap (Parsons). We definitely need a good small fwd.

Parfit, Ablett (would be better to push forward now, Menzel, Fogarty, Narkle. Wound't have thought small forward is their biggest need.

Parfitt's a midfielder Ablett is 34 and Menzel has the defensive pressure of a grandma with a walking cane.

You can surf lots of other places though.

But yeah I agree. Probably get the Dogs 2nd rnd compo too you'd imagine which is not terrible.
Band 2 or band 3 at a guess, with our position it's only a few spots difference.

Rumours suggesting Wallis leaves too which is a shame. Both Dahl and Wally are popular players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back