Gaming Madden 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah watched it all this arvo, plenty in there that leaves you shaking your head. I've got the last 4 on release & never had any real issues with bugs but this one looks like its got plenty that needs fixing.

I'd hoped EA might have turned a corner given the mountain of criticism last year but it does look like they've just papered over the cracks with '22.

I had every plan to buy this year's version but I just can't in good faith even think about doing it.
I've played Madden 16, 18, & 20 and I literally can't tell the difference in gameplay between the '16 version and now watching footage of 22...the same animations, the same commentary, everything feels the same.
The only reason people are buying madden at all, me included, is because its the only damn NFL game out there.
I could have updated rosters on Madden 16 and all it's gonna be missing is a few extra cutscenes and presentation differences, oh and x-factors! And they expect me to pay $100 for that?? That game is 6 years ago and it's still the same!
Madden 23 will be the same, it'll have some nice features added, maybe create a team, some minor improvements to Franchise mode, but it'll be the same...

ffs

A few days back, wont go past 70% on what it was claiming to be an update

so I uninstall,redownload, all good

Then go on today, wont go past 38% on an update

Im enjoying the game............WHEN I CAN F***ING PLAY IT

ffs

A few days back, wont go past 70% on what it was claiming to be an update

so I uninstall,redownload, all good

Then go on today, wont go past 38% on an update

Im enjoying the game............WHEN I CAN F***ING PLAY IT
disconnect from the internet and launch the game then reconnect to the servers

I had every plan to buy this year's version but I just can't in good faith even think about doing it.
I've played Madden 16, 18, & 20 and I literally can't tell the difference in gameplay between the '16 version and now watching footage of 22...the same animations, the same commentary, everything feels the same.
The only reason people are buying madden at all, me included, is because its the only damn NFL game out there.
I could have updated rosters on Madden 16 and all it's gonna be missing is a few extra cutscenes and presentation differences, oh and x-factors! And they expect me to pay $100 for that?? That game is 6 years ago and it's still the same!
Madden 23 will be the same, it'll have some nice features added, maybe create a team, some minor improvements to Franchise mode, but it'll be the same...
Youre not wrong tbh. The game feels the same. But its a little worse too. They keep neutering stuff in the gameplay that was overpowered before, making those things still in the game pointless. Eg, certain plays. Say, QB option or designed runs, or even some HB toss plays. The same plays from the same playbooks years ago. Now tho, soon as player gets the ball they cant sprint for like 2 seconds, so the D is all over you. The play becomes pointless to use, to even have. Little things like that. As well as the default sliders makes the game unenjoyable + canned animations. Speedy WRs and RBs and CBs you use run so slow that DL and LBs can quickly round them up before they even get out of the backfield and chase you down the sideline if you manage a rare run. And as i said before, the canned animations suck you into tackle animations far too soon, you have mo leeway or room for doing any moves. On top of this, theres no fluidity to it all, players crash bang into each other and play is over, theres no slipping tackles, players diving and missing, weak arm tackles that slow you down but you still keep running and even break another tackle. Its just crash bang animation first defender that gets near you and they all get near you super fast or immediately when you have the ball in your hands.

The sliders can fix this a little, like i did in the past, moving CPU tackle and block shedding way down to whatever it takes to get some of that fluidity.

But its just the way madden has always been. Crash bang. Just worse with all things they neuter when they see something overpowered. Thats their coding skill or lack thereof for you, just keep neutering the gameplay till its a horrendous unenjoyable thing, just with NFL licensing and player names and uniforms. But theres no fun.

Still i bought it this time for like what you said....had skipped 19, 20 and 21, and i guess just wanted to play something during lockdown

Hit sticking and trucking neutered. Hou dont even feel the vibratation rattle or see it, it looks the same as any other tackle or truck animation. Only thing they did is a little flash happens around the players feet. Blink and you miss it thing. Its just a soulless experience, devoid of aspects of gameplay, movement, neutered, vanilla, no enthusiasm or life. Even for you playing it, just sit, "oh ok that happened." Not even angry anymore, you know its a lemon.

yep, its a rewrapped turd mate. been that way for ages now, all development focus is on MUT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While we still don’t know exactly when EA’s upcoming college football video game will be released, fans will be able to play college ball soon for a limited time thanks to a special “Campus Legends” event coming to Madden NFL 22’s arcade-y Superstar KO mode.

The event, which begins Tuesday and runs until September 27th, will let you play as one of 10 schools: Clemson University, Louisiana State University, Michigan State University, University of Florida, University of Miami, University of Nebraska, University of Oklahoma, University of Oregon (UO), University of Southern California, and University of Texas. The teams will also feature alumni as players — for example, UO graduate Justin Herbert, who is currently the quarterback of the Los Angeles Chargers, will be on UO’s roster.

13 gig update today.

Game plays a lot better, they've done some fine-tuning i can notice.
update was only 5gb on PS5. which is surprising given that its not using kraken

Remove this Banner Ad

Back