FTA-TV MAFS: Where you get matching tatts before you've even hid the snag

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All MAFS watchers and posters.

This thread is given a lot of rope with posting especially around insults of contestants (mostly deserved) BUT you need to ensure to abide by the site rules on profanity, racism, homophobia, sexism, misogyny etc etc etc.

Ill be explicitly clear, a minor infraction will get a deletion and a warning, a second minor infraction will be a thread ban, a serious infraction will be an automatic thread ban or worse.

The show is in poor taste (probably why we love it) and thus the posting can also be but there is a line and we need to remember and respect that.

It's really hard to cop Bronte pretending to be upset about Harrison, when she has been faking her way through the entire thing just to stay on TV.
Wrong way around, imo.

She's genuine when she's upset, because he's actually a prick to her.

She's faking when she says she wants to stay with him.

‘To hear this in front of everyone’

Isn’t that the point of a TV show?

The marriages are fake, but the breaking up and manoeuvring to not look like the arsehole, that’s real.

Girls code strong this season

So a bunch of people who hve personality issues particularly in relationships, but have extremely high expectations of a partner to conform to their own ‘tick boxes’

What can possibly go wrong?

Harrison’s obviously a prick, but when Brontë was asking questions, he wasn’t allowed to add commentary, but then he was asking questions, he was then told to shut the f up by all the females.

So different rules?

Obviously the bro code not as strong calling out the ‘home ground advantage’ - and this is just one example - for the females or was it edited that way to fit the narrative the experts wanted to reinforce.

‘Read the room’. LOL

Harrison’s obviously a prick, but when Brontë was asking questions, he wasn’t allowed to add commentary, but then he was asking questions, he was then told to shut the f up by all the females.

So different rules?

Obviously the bro code not as strong calling out the ‘home ground advantage’ - and this is just one example - for the females or was it edited that way to fit the narrative the experts wanted to reinforce.

‘Read the room’. LOL

He also had a reasonable point about Bronte just sitting there while her sister abused the sh*t out of him.

I mean he deserved all of it, but if you were him it would be reasonable for him to wonder why she just lets her sister talk to him so rudely.

He also had a reasonable point about Bronte just sitting there while her sister abused the sh*t out of him.

I mean he deserved all of it, but if you were him it would be reasonable for him to wonder why she just lets her sister talk to him so rudely.
It was a total stitch up.

Yes, it’s not like she was wrong but Harrison was on a hiding to nothing at the home stat and final dinner.

Why would you take the side of a TV husband you don't even like, instead of your sister, who called this tosser for what he was even before she walked down the aisle.

Why would you take the side of a TV husband you don't even like, instead of your sister, who called this tosser for what he was even before she walked down the aisle.
She didn’t have to take his side but she could have asked her sister to calm down a bit.

Bronte is far from perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cliff notes so I don’t have to listen 😂
Ahh right
Basically

1 It was a harrowing experience, he couldn't do the final get together as he had a panic attack at the airport
2 The editing sucks REALLY BAD eg the 'shooshing' was because she was talking really loudly in a bookshop at the airport then again on the plane and he just said to talk a bit more quietly
3 Clare was nothing like the editing made her look and the worst thing was the lying and .... gaslighting ..... that went on for weeks after the hookup she denied.
4 His celebrant business has really taken off yippee!

Yeah that really was gaslighting. [If it was real :think:]

Ahh right
Basically

1 It was a harrowing experience, he couldn't do the final get together as he had a panic attack at the airport
2 The editing sucks REALLY BAD eg the 'shooshing' was because she was talking really loudly in a bookshop at the airport then again on the plane and he just said to talk a bit more quietly
3 Clare was nothing like the editing made her look and the worst thing was the lying and .... gaslighting ..... that went on for weeks after the hookup she denied.
4 His celebrant business has really taken off yippee!

Yeah that really was gaslighting. [If it was real :think:]

Interesting that he thinks he got a bad edit and supposedly she received a good edit.

I actually think that while he’s not an awful bloke, he was a dick to her on the honeymoon and that was pretty much swept under the carpet later for his heroic redemption.

I guess nobody is going to come out and say “I got a great edit, I was a real w***er at times and they glossed over it!”

Interesting that he thinks he got a bad edit and supposedly she received a good edit.

I actually think that while he’s not an awful bloke, he was a dick to her on the honeymoon and that was pretty much swept under the carpet later for his heroic redemption.

I guess nobody is going to come out and say “I got a great edit, I was a real w***er at times and they glossed over it!”

He said in another interview that she said some things on camera (it seemed like he was alluding to some racist comments) that just weren't shown. He called what she got an 'angel' edit that was nothing like what she was actually like.

He said in another interview that she said some things on camera (it seemed like he was alluding to some racist comments) that just weren't shown. He called what she got an 'angel' edit that was nothing like what she was actually like.

I wouldn’t be surprised that over the course of three months filming nearly twenty people, there weren’t numerous racist/casual racist comments made.

Nine is never going to air them though, that’s about the worst publicity you could get.

And while Jesse might not be racist, he’s a pretty judgmental person and dismisses segments of society, based on superficial and petty reasons.

The only final vows that'll be mildly interesting will be Evelyn and Rupert. I think they'll stay together but come the reunion episode they'll have broken up.

The rest will be predictable. Lyndall will dump Cam, "I have a child" will be dumped by Duncan, Lips and Layton will split while Tahnee and Ollie will profess their love for each other.

Last edited:
The only final vows that'll be mildly interesting will be Evelyn and Rupert. I think they'll stay together but come the reunion episode they'll have broken up.

The rest will be predictable. Lyndall will dump Cam, "I have a child" will be dumped by Duncan, Lips and Layton will split while Tahnee and Ollie will profess their love for each other.
The trusty podcast was saying two stick together [thought it was only one previously] - Thanee / Ollie and Lips / Leighton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back