Major League Cricket 2023 July 13th-July 30th

Remove this Banner Ad

What did she say that may you say that? She mentioned about growing the game, about helping 220 million people back home, and the new womens league giving (WPL) a pathway.
She was more on about that, and what she was doing for the community and trying to draw the answers to questions back to this.
The Satya Nadella interview felt more natural, and genuine.

good to see the yanks picking up cricket. watched a few games and it looked good. i hope it's something that picks up over there because they've certainly got the population to keep it running
I think the next step will be to distribute the games in those home cities. All good having it in one or two locations, in the case here of North Carolina and Texas.

Man how good would it be for the players to experience cities like New York, Seattle, LA, Texas, San Fran and Washington in the space of a month.

The life of a cricketer as a nomad traveller cant be that bad.

I think the next step will be to distribute the games in those home cities. All good having it in one or two locations, in the case here of North Carolina and Texas.

Man how good would it be for the players to experience cities like New York, Seattle, LA, Texas, San Fran and Washington in the space of a month.

The life of a cricketer as a nomad traveller cant be that bad.
only problem would be the eventual transition to playing longer forms of cricket. personally i much prefer tests as i think it encapsulates not only the physical side of the sport but also the mental and emotional aspects of it really well, but i can’t blame someone for not wanting to sit through 5 days of cricket, baseball is already a chore to watch sometimes and cricket just eclipses that.

do agree though about seeing it played on iconic pitches & in iconic stadiums, as it’ll expose the sport to even more people

only problem would be the eventual transition to playing longer forms of cricket. personally i much prefer tests as i think it encapsulates not only the physical side of the sport but also the mental and emotional aspects of it really well, but i can’t blame someone for not wanting to sit through 5 days of cricket, baseball is already a chore to watch sometimes and cricket just eclipses that.

do agree though about seeing it played on iconic pitches & in iconic stadiums, as it’ll expose the sport to even more people
Im not sure if test cricket will take off in America. I dont think the Americans have the attention span to last 5 days. Test cricket will still be the pinnacle in the traditional countries.

But what it shows now, is there is a market out there if you cant cut it as a proper test player. Gigs in franchises are popping all over the world. I think even saw Hayden Kerr playing in the Lanka Premier League the other day. Chris Lynn in the Canadian t20 tournament a few weeks back.

The next big steps for the league would be
1. Matches in multiple states to build team cultures
2. Matches televised nationwide on accessible cable channels (ESPN, Fox Sports)

Also feel like they would be well placed to reach out to some of the online sports networks which are massive in the U.S (Barstool, Pat Mcafee) to try and get some promotion.

The next big steps for the league would be
1. Matches in multiple states to build team cultures
2. Matches televised nationwide on accessible cable channels (ESPN, Fox Sports)

Also feel like they would be well placed to reach out to some of the online sports networks which are massive in the U.S (Barstool, Pat Mcafee) to try and get some promotion.
CBS did cover a few matches of the MLC 2023. Its small steps, but steps in the right direction.

I dont know the exact numbers but I assume there is an ex-pat population of Indians living in the US, where the majority of the market lies.

Big if, if cricket were ever to crack it in the Olympics- that would be one of the avenues to crack it over there. 2024 World Cup will be interesting as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CBS did cover a few matches of the MLC 2023. Its small steps, but steps in the right direction.

I dont know the exact numbers but I assume there is an ex-pat population of Indians living in the US, where the majority of the market lies.

Big if, if cricket were ever to crack it in the Olympics- that would be one of the avenues to crack it over there. 2024 World Cup will be interesting as well.
a friend of mine in the states did attend a game & enjoyed it a bunch, then asked me to explain a bit about the sport and why it’s popular, it’s a good sight to see

You need to start somewhere, at this stage T20 is the place to start and slowly work up to multi day cricket. But I think that will take a couple of decades to get to that stage. All the associate countries are playing T20 cricket, so it's a good place to start. but agree that there needs to be pathways to FC and possibly maybe Test matches

But what it shows now, is there is a market out there if you cant cut it as a proper test player. Gigs in franchises are popping all over the world. I think even saw Hayden Kerr playing in the Lanka Premier League the other day. Chris Lynn in the Canadian t20 tournament a few weeks back.
In the past month or so and next month, we have:
T20 Blast
Major League Cricket
Minor League Cricket
Zim Afro T10
Global T20 League
Lankan Premier League
The Hundred
Caribbean Premier League
US Masters T10 League
Legend League Cricket
Road Safety World Series

The amount of T20/T10 cricket available is endless. I have players like Iman Wasim, Spencer Johnson, Shakib Al Hasan, Rashid Khan, Sunil Narine, Andre Russell, Sikandar Raza, and even Richard Ngarava amongst many more jump from competition to competition

2028. Los Angeles are very interested in this.
And 2032 is pretty much a guarantee in Brisbane. Allan Border Field would be a likely host to all games, as the Gabba might be used for other things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back