FTA-TV Making a Murderer - SPOILERS

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if they will be a bit more balanced this time around
Nope, probably even more unbalanced this time around I think. At least based on the seven eps I just binged on. Still pretty fascinating though, the holes Kathleen finds/creates/expands within the original story/defence. Makes me wonder even more how they're in jail, and If you hated Kratz in S1, he is even worse in S2 despite not being directly interviewed on camera. What a deadset flog.

For anybody that enjoyed this series, try and find Murder on a Sunday Morning.

Jacksonville, Florida, May 2000. Mary Ann Stephens is shot in the head at point blank range in front of her husband. Two hours later, a 15-year-old black American, Brenton Butler, is arrested walking down a nearby street. Jean-Xavier De Lestrade's Academy Award-winning film follows his trial. Everyone involved with the case, from investigators to journalists, is ready to condemn Butler, except his lawyer Patrick McGuiness. A dazzling and magnetic presence of Hollywood proportions, McGuiness reopens the inquiry, and in a dramatic and spine-tingling sequence of events, he and his team discover a slew of shocking and troubling elements about the case. Murder on a Sunday Morning is gripping and heart-wrenching - the stuff suspense novelists only dream of writing.

A brilliant documentary.

Thanks for this, have watched twice now and loved every second. Brilliant.

Up to episode 8.... Kathleen sure is thorough.
But the more interesting bits are about Brendan Dassey; the state and federal court system and how their jurisdictions interact or don't more to the point, and how laws can have unintended consequences.

Biased or not how these two are in jail is disgusting.

Railroaded from the first second and using a mentally inadequate kid to screw someone over is a disgrace

How do they sleep at night?

Just finished the last ep, smashed out the series in 3 nights..

I've flipped, I thought he did it but the evidence was stretched or strengthened to make sure he was put away for it

Now I'm convinced it was Brendan's Brother and Stepdad.. I felt all along the Stepdad was just a bit off and over the top buddy buddy or enthusiastic with Brendan, now think it's a guilty conscience thing

Or I've just lapped up what the show sold me :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished the last ep, smashed out the series in 3 nights..

I've flipped, I thought he did it but the evidence was stretched or strengthened to make sure he was put away for it

Now I'm convinced it was Brendan's Brother and Stepdad.. I felt all along the Stepdad was just a bit off and over the top buddy buddy or enthusiastic with Brendan, now think it's a guilty conscience thing

Or I've just lapped up what the show sold me :D
I thought it was one of Teresa's brothers after S1, I'm on board the Bobby Dassey or Ryan Hillega train now after S2.

I looked ahead to see what happened (with all the appeals) now i'm not sure if I can be bothered watching the second half of the season. Although I have heard the way that the documentaries portrays Bobby Dassey and Scott Tadych later on is pretty interesting.
This show has been great PR for Kathleen Zellner though, she doesn't even need to free Avery to be a hero apparently.

Second season raised some very interesting points, but (probably largely due to the real-worl oucomes) didn't really go to a conclusion (other than Brendan's case getting turned down at the final hurdle).

I think it would be interesting if someone did a mash-up of Season 1 and Season 2 where all Kathleen Zellner's Season 2 investigations, theories etc are spliced in while the original trial was going on to see the "oh no" of it all - because it was kind of just a structure-less dump of information in Season 2, defintely not as good TV.

I feel so sorry for Brendan Dassey. This kid went to school one morning and thirteen years later is still in prison based on a confession that would get laughed out of any court in this country. The kid was sixteen going on ten and had no adult in the room. It's shameful stuff.

I feel so sorry for Brendan Dassey. This kid went to school one morning and thirteen years later is still in prison based on a confession that would get laughed out of any court in this country. The kid was sixteen going on ten and had no adult in the room. It's shameful stuff.

Imagine the courts dealing with the “crocodile came up”...the poor croc would get double life, no parole...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back