FTA-TV Making a Murderer - SPOILERS

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel so sorry for Brendan Dassey. This kid went to school one morning and thirteen years later is still in prison based on a confession that would get laughed out of any court in this country. The kid was sixteen going on ten and had no adult in the room. It's shameful stuff.
this x 1000
He may well be guilty (I doubt he is) but if a clearly coerced, illegally obtained confession from a mentally deficient 16 year old is all you've got to go on then something is seriously wrong.

Bobby Dassey and the stepdad did it. Guilty AF. The Ex boyfriend is shady AF too.

Manitowoc County. Shady AF.
Ken Kratz. Shady AF. Has all the hallmarks of a dirty pedo.

The entire courts/appeals system in the US is farcical to say the least. How can they deny an evidentiary hearing based on Zellners new findings is beyond belief.

Last edited:
I may have missed it but how we do know that Bobby Dassey was searching all that horrible content?
A police forensic investigator located it on his computer. The prosecution then deceived the defence by stating it was on Brendan's PC when Brendan didn't even have one. Steven's lawyers missed it at the time because it was in a document that Kratz got them to agree on that there wasn't a need to bring the investigator in as a trial witness. Something along those lines anyways.

A police forensic investigator located it on his computer. The prosecution then deceived the defence by stating it was on Brendan's PC when Brendan didn't even have one. Steven's lawyers missed it at the time because it was in a document that Kratz got them to agree on that there wasn't a need to bring the investigator in as a trial witness. Something along those lines anyways.

Ok; but whose to say Steven wasn’t the one doing the searching, or anyone else besides Bobby?

Ok; but whose to say Steven wasn’t the one doing the searching, or anyone else besides Bobby?
You can't be 100% sure it wasn't anyone else but the argument was being put forward by Kathleen when she was trying to steer blame towards someone else as part of the requirement to get a retrial. The computer was Bobby's, in his room and so was reliably inferred it was him doing the searching. Doubt Brendan even knew how to use a PC. I'm not sure if it was even denied by anyone that it was Bobby doing the searching but remember this was coming just from Kathleen's argument. That is where the imbalance in the show was.

You can't be 100% sure it wasn't anyone else but the argument was being put forward by Kathleen when she was trying to steer blame towards someone else as part of the requirement to get a retrial. The computer was Bobby's, in his room and so was reliably inferred it was him doing the searching. Doubt Brendan even knew how to use a PC. I'm not sure if it was even denied by anyone that it was Bobby doing the searching but remember this was coming just from Kathleen's argument. That is where the imbalance in the show was.

Yes I was thinking back now a few days after watching that because it was labelled Bobby’s PC doesn’t mean that he was necessarily searching up those horrors.

Anyway...What is evident is the generational poverty that has the Avery’s condemned into a cycle of poor education and borderline poverty that enables these types of brushes with the law to occur and the lack of capital to fight miscarriages once inside the legal system.

And Federalism...I thought ours was tough st times!

I don't know if they did it or not but what I do know is there is reasonable doubt, Based on the evidence I can't see how they got convicted, The state got to the emotions of the Jury and that's how they won.

One of my biggest WTF moments is how only Steven's DNA was on her key and hood latch, I mean how many people would touch those items over the years, Her key didn't even have her DNA on it something she handles all day every day.

The best bit from BD confession is still the part when he doesn't know where she was shot and they force him to say "In the garage" Both detectives got so excited when he finally uttered the words they were feeding him.

I don't know if they did it or not but what I do know is there is reasonable doubt, Based on the evidence I can't see how they got convicted, The state got to the emotions of the Jury and that's how they won.

One of my biggest WTF moments is how only Steven's DNA was on her key and hood latch, I mean how many people would touch those items over the years, Her key didn't even have her DNA on it something she handles all day every day.

The best bit from BD confession is still the part when he doesn't know where she was shot and they force him to say "In the garage" Both detectives got so excited when he finally uttered the words they were feeding him.
Also if i remember correctly the strength of the DNA on the hood latch was that it would have taken Steven to lick the latch rather than just touch it. The graph provided by Kathleen's DNA expert showed that no matter how many times they tried they could not reproduce the strength of the DNA on the latch to what the Wisconsin lab test result came back with back in 2006 at the trial.

so much filler in season 2. It could have been condensed to 6 or 7 really interesting episodes.

I'm still baffled by the Brendan Dassey confession. I just cant understand how so many reasonable, educated, experienced people don't have an issue with it.
Am I going mad? Is something that appears so obvious to me really not there?
If I was a member of the victims family and all the police had to go on was that confession I'd be encouraging them to investigate further. A guilty verdict for Dassey would bring no satisfaction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so much filler in season 2. It could have been condensed to 6 or 7 really interesting episodes.

I'm still baffled by the Brendan Dassey confession. I just cant understand how so many reasonable, educated, experienced people don't have an issue with it.
If I was a member of the victims family and all the police had to go on was that confession I'd be encouraging them to investigate further. A guilty verdict for Dassey would bring no satisfaction.
"Where did you leave the gun?" - "In the car", "No you didn't, where did you leave the gun". It's so blatantly obvious he is just making this stuff up...

This

I want to see the whole ‘confession’ unedited

Pretty sure the disturbing content searches occurred over several years, including while Steven Avery was in jail for the false rape charge.

The whole thing is absolutely mind boggling. How the majority of the seventh circuit could watch the Dassey "confession" and see no problem with it - I can't comprehend how so many people so dense in the head can be positions of such power and responsibility. Absolutely mind boggling.

Pretty sure the disturbing content searches occurred over several years, including while Steven Avery was in jail for the false rape charge.

The whole thing is absolutely mind boggling. How the majority of the seventh circuit could watch the Dassey "confession" and see no problem with it - I can't comprehend how so many people so dense in the head can be positions of such power and responsibility. Absolutely mind boggling.

It’s come down to Federalism Politics...the higher it goes the less likely it is that the Higher Courts will over rule regardless of the level of injustice

Last edited:
Most irksome part for me, apart from the obvious incompetence and corruption from the police and prosecution is that the current DA is speaking like he's from a victims advocacy group and quite obviously has every intention of sweeping it under the rug.

Prosecution's version of what happened never made sense to me initially but the fact that Zellner has now presented a viable alternative and a timeline that works only further enforces that the fix was in for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back