March Daily Punt - Squib Champions Of The World Apply Within

What excuse does Catauqua have for losing the Newmarket?

• Too much weight

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Track Bias

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Got too far back

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Bumped by Delectation at the start

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Clerk of the course looked at him funny

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Is a cat

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Wayne Hawkes rekt him

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

His run in the Derby was almost as good imo with little luck. I agree not tracking as well this prep but shown enough that a return to form over 2400m wouldnt surprise for me. One is odds on and the other $20 so obviously its more likely that Tarzino wins.

Vanbrugh and Tally are my 2 favoured runners but i wont be surprised to see Etymology improve now up to this distance and he has a class edge over most of the field

Can't agree on the Derby run. Tarzino dominated and was a clear winner. The differential in price matches their relative chances of winning

Can't agree on the Derby run. Tarzino dominated and was a clear winner. The differential in price matches their relative chances of winning

Beaten 2L after Etymology was held up until Tarzino already got first run. Yes Tarzino was a bit better but with even luck in running i dont think there was much between them that day. Well not imo, i think Tarzino is unders and Etymology a touch of overs

His run in the Derby was almost as good imo with little luck. I agree not tracking as well this prep but shown enough that a return to form over 2400m wouldnt surprise for me. One is odds on and the other $20 so obviously its more likely that Tarzino wins.

Vanbrugh and Tally are my 2 favoured runners but i wont be surprised to see Etymology improve now up to this distance and he has a class edge over most of the field
I think Etymology would've fired a better shot @ 2000 if he was really going well enough for this.

Do you think Vanbrugh will relish the trip?

I think Etymology would've fired a better shot @ 2000 if he was really going well enough for this.

Do you think Vanbrugh will relish the trip?

I didnt hate the run. Showed enough for me to think he could peak for the derby. I dont expect him to win but i think he is a better bet than Tarzino at the odds

Gives every indication he will. The longer the race, the happier i am to be on him anyway. His last 2 runs have been great Derby trials imo

I reckon Vanbrughs just as likely to not stay as relish the trip. Spring Champion win was workmanlike against Z graders and only held his ground over the last 100m at Rosehill for mine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tally, Etymology and Tarzino are the only ones i'm sold are genuine middle distance horses. maybe torgersen too.

Torgesren strikes me as a classic Waller blowout result

I love the idea of the country championships, but Kris Lees getting 8 qualifiers kind of makes a mockery of it,

Do you mean the provincial championship?

The country championship is on Saturday and he has no runners

Back