Coaching Staff Mark "Bomber" Thompson - Will present the Jock McHale Medal for 2023 - 4/9

Remove this Banner Ad

er, I would think your theory is even more spot on. It's what I alluded to above.

Surely it's an AFL endorsed, co-ordinated public rehabilitation of Bomber Thompson - the perfect man to lead Brisbane out of the latest wild they've gotten bogged in?

Simultaneously, planned around the book launch, you have the Brisbane thing, the book release ("clearing" Bomber in the eyes of Joe and Jane Public), and Bomber with the whole "I want to coach again thing". It's... obvious...

Are you being sarcastic?

My opinion is you don't have to have such a strong positive opinion on someone just because he is a champion of the club you follow.

Bomber is a grub and a snake. Awesome leader on field and a master coach off it, but just a dead set s**t bloke.

My opinion is you don't have to have such a strong positive opinion on someone just because he is a champion of the club you follow.

Bomber is a grub and a snake. Awesome leader on field and a master coach off it, but just a dead set s**t bloke.

My cousin worked with Bomber when he was coaching at Geelong.
Part of his job was analysing tapes, so he'd come in and spend a day a week watching games.
Bomber thought it was rough he had to drive all the way to Geelong just to watch video's, so he organised to have the tapes sent to his house so he could work from home for those days.
So I don't think he's a bad bloke, at least to work with.

My cousin worked with Bomber when he was coaching at Geelong.
Part of his job was analysing tapes, so he'd come in and spend a day a week watching games.
Bomber thought it was rough he had to drive all the way to Geelong just to watch video's, so he organised to have the tapes sent to his house so he could work from home for those days.
So I don't think he's a bad bloke, at least to work with.

What a lovely, caring bloke he is.

Can't find that footage of him eating the chicken salad roll in the box..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't bought a footy book for a while but will be grabbing this one.

& I reckon LU is right - like most of us, the AFL must know Bomber is good for the game & it's going to take a different thinker to drag the Lions out of the muck they are in.

What a lovely, caring bloke he is.
What an odd response to someone thinking ahead and time saving.

Are you always angry, or just one of those people that pot constantly behind the safety computer?

Not angry at all and not taking pot shots at anyone (unless you are referring to Thompson?)
Anyway, It is just my opinion and I stand by it. Where there is smoke there is fire. It can't all be untrue.

It would seem it wasn't only Dean Robinson who came away from asaga unscathed. Bomber seems to have come out alright too.

Funnily enough the only 2 not to admit any responsibility also.

It would seem it wasn't only Dean Robinson who came away from asaga unscathed. Bomber seems to have come out alright too.

Funnily enough the only 2 not to admit any responsibility also.
I wouldn't say Bomber came through unscathed. Everybody got really hurt. Everybody got tarnished. But Bomber would be the only one of all the senior figures at Essendon that could possibly be allowed to set foot in an AFL club again. Not as tarnished as some.

Remember Lloyd saying that he walked straight past and ignored a fan who wanted an autograph. Bomber flamed him and told him its the fans who make the game. Lloyd reckons he never refused another autograph again.

Must have been some player to slot in that team and kicked a crucial goal in the last qtr of 84gf tremendous composure for a young player.

Remember Lloyd saying that he walked straight past and ignored a fan who wanted an autograph. Bomber flamed him and told him its the fans who make the game. Lloyd reckons he never refused another autograph again.

Must have been some player to slot in that team and kicked a crucial goal in the last qtr of 84gf tremendous composure for a young player.

I love Bomber's goal in that game. A glorious driving drop punt that sailed through straight as an arrow.

His little celebration straight after is priceless.

With the ASDA crap...Bomber was just another cog in the know about the club supplement program and proberly didn't have a big say in how it was run.

Evans, Hird, The Weeeepan, Danky boy, Bomber and 5 or 6 or ####ing more people were all part of the collective effort to bring this program in and agree it's all fine and dandy.

I just hope he says something of substance about it all because there's no way in hell we're going to hear from the others listed anytime soon in their book.

Last edited:
Since joining BF I have been interested in his posts but I didn't pick him as a tin foil hat kind of person.
It's not tin foil hat.

Blind Freddy can see the AFL is grooming the public for bombers coaching comeback.

They pull the same horse s**t whenever they do something controversial. Btw, i don't believe for one ******* second bombers apology is genuine. He's just falling into line.

Last edited:
Lethal Leigh should go back and coach Lions for a year or two. Bomber would be better off at Tigers. Find it hard to believe Bomber's comment that his opinion was ignored whilst at the club and that for someone on his salary he couldn't believe he had so little to do! Really??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back