List Mgmt. Marsh going home for personal reasons

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Collingwood haven't delisted marsh yet because they are pissed off with Eagles and Freo. Neither were prepared to trade for him, even though both have delisted key backs (Brown, Silvagni). I bet one has promised to pick him up as soon as he is delisted for nothing. The Pies may be playing hardball for this reason.

I think Collingwood haven't delisted marsh yet because they are pissed off with Eagles and Freo. Neither were prepared to trade for him, even though both have delisted key backs (Brown, Silvagni). I bet one has promised to pick him up as soon as he is delisted for nothing. The Pies may be playing hardball for this reason.

Quite possible.

Leave Buckley out of my beer thread, I don't want it contaminated :mad::mad::mad::mad:
BLG3_Buckleys_sm.jpg

Or perhaps they haven't delisted him yet because they believe the relationship, his health, and his position in the club is retrievable given time?

Its more about TPP
If we delist him we have to pay out his existing contract
Then we use his vacancy to draft another player who would also be paid

We are effectively paying twice for the same list spot

Its more about TPP

That makes sense. I was trying to work out why the journos were linking him being retained to our salary cap. We really need HIM to rip up his contract and walk.

Were GWS able to upgrade anyone in place of McCarthy this year? If so we may be able to put him on the LTI due to mental health reasons. Purely from a list perspective that would enable us to go with a list of 40 (4 ND picks) and be able to still upgrade Cox immediately next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its more about TPP

If he walks out on the club with the intention of never returning he's effectively broken his contract and the club doesn't have to pay him out. This has nothing to do with TPP.

If he walks out on the club with the intention of never returning he's effectively broken his contract and the club doesn't have to pay him out. This has nothing to do with TPP.

It does because it frees up cap. The contract is torn up.

If the club delists him BEFORE he has officially walked our and broken his contract then we have to carry that cost in our salary cap. Not sure he has officially quit the club as yet. Pretty sure GWS had to carry McCarthys salary even though he broke the contract by refusing to play?

TPP implications are dependant upon which party terminates the contract and why.

It does because it frees up cap. The contract is torn up.

If the club delists him BEFORE he has officially walked our and broken his contract then we have to carry that cost in our salary cap. Not sure he has officially quit the club as yet. Pretty sure GWS had to carry McCarthys salary even though he broke the contract by refusing to play?

TPP implications are dependant upon which party terminates the contract and why.
I'm aware of all that.

In regards to McCarthy, GWS probably could have ripped up his contract without having to pay him out, but as it stood it was in their best interests to retain him and trade him the next year. Doing that allowed them to procure a top 3 pick rather than letting him walk for free. Apples and oranges to the Marsh situation really given that Marsh never really had much trade value to begin with.

So why would we rip up his contract if he hasn't walked out on the club? Clearly he's rated highly internally, so delisting him without him requesting it makes no sense.

Which brings us back to my original point. This has nothing to do with TPP. Either Marsh has walked out on the club and broken his contract, or he has signaled that he wishes to continue on with us if possible in which case we retain him and put him on the LTI if he needs extended leave to sort himself out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back