Solved Martin Bryant and Port Arthur

Remove this Banner Ad

On the CIA episode the other night a bloke that was, you know, actually at Port Arthur that day right amongst it that knew Bryant saw him do it first hand.

Yeah but the conspiracy theorists have fuzzy out-of-focus youtube videos with menacing music and big text on the screen and stuff.....how can an on-the-spot eyewitness compete with evidence like that.....:rolleyes:

You're assuming it's possible to seriously discuss any crime without keeping an open mind.
Could you please tell me your definition of a crackpot or conspiracy theory. I want to make sure we're on the same page.
It's only a crackpot theory if there's no evidence, and there' plenty of evidence that screams Port Arthur is not as we have been told.
Why don't you tackle some of the points I've raised in the last couple of posts I've made on this thread? Can you?

Allow me to repeat what Kram81 has just said:

If you want to talk conspiracy or "Free Martin Bryant" go the thread devoted to this topic on the Conspiracy Board. You've already found it, so I'm surprised I needed to post this at all.

Yeah but the conspiracy theorists have fuzzy out-of-focus youtube videos with menacing music and big text on the screen and stuff.....how can an on-the-spot eyewitness compete with evidence like that.....:rolleyes:
Mods-if this is allowed attacking conspiracy theories, why isn't anyone allowed to respond?

I commented that it doesn't matter what the audio or visual quality of the pro-conspiracy youtube videos is if correct information is being distributed.
You couldn't even handle that.

Let's take a breather.
Let's say the govt. story about Port Arthur is correct in every detail and Martin Bryant is indeed the culprit.
There's still a problem with having two threads about it, and this problem has nothing to do with anyone's actual views on the subject.
As I see it, when you have two threads dealing with Port Arthur, it's as if there's these two parallel universes with two Port Arthur Massacres.
I understand that the name of this thread is Solved-Martin Bryant and Port Arthur. There's obviously a point of view included.
However, what I don't see is any information that goes into mundane, hard-boiled things like the type of guns he's supposed to have used, the number of shots he allegedly fired, the number and quality of witnesses, what's audible and not audible in the recording of the police interview, and many other things. These matters are not swivel-eyed pie-in-the-sky stuff. If they're part of what he did then surely they're up for discussion.
The thread-again, I stress without even taking a position-logically can't go anywhere.
It's like-Solved-Martin Bryant and Port Arthur-Okay, dude, whatever...
There's no traction for much of a thread to develop and what little there is has come from debating the topic, so from that POV the existence of this thread seems quite pointless to me.
Unless there's some other point someone could enlight

When someone is convicted of a crime, it is accepted that the crime is solved, and the crime can therefore discussed in this light. When, in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, someone disputes this, then it's a conspiracy theory. On Bigfooty, you have a Crime board to discuss the crime, and a Crackpot Fruitloop board to expound upon ludicrous theories as to how the crime isn't somehow solved at all.

It's quite simple really, just like your average conspiracy theorist.

Let's take a breather.
Let's say the govt. story about Port Arthur is correct in every detail and Martin Bryant is indeed the culprit.
There's still a problem with having two threads about it, and this problem has nothing to do with anyone's actual views on the subject.
As I see it, when you have two threads dealing with Port Arthur, it's as if there's these two parallel universes with two Port Arthur Massacres.
I understand that the name of this thread is Solved-Martin Bryant and Port Arthur. There's obviously a point of view included.
However, what I don't see is any information that goes into mundane, hard-boiled things like the type of guns he's supposed to have used, the number of shots he allegedly fired, the number and quality of witnesses, what's audible and not audible in the recording of the police interview, and many other things. These matters are not swivel-eyed pie-in-the-sky stuff. If they're part of what he did then surely they're up for discussion.
The thread-again, I stress without even taking a position-logically can't go anywhere.
It's like-Solved-Martin Bryant and Port Arthur-Okay, dude, whatever...
There's no traction for much of a thread to develop and what little there is has come from debating the topic, so from that POV the existence of this thread seems quite pointless to me.
Unless there's some other point someone could enlight

if people want to Just Ask Questions, then they can go JAQ off in the nutbar thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, I don't believe in ghosts at all but some whack stuff was happening when I was there at night in 2009.
Do tell...

I always wondered why people wouldnt just run away when he started. Went down there last year and the place is so isolated and insular in a way.

In fact the entire island is creepy. When you combine what happened to the Indigenous and then the penal issues, it's been buried in misery for the past 230 years.

A bloke got killed on the highway so we had a 2 hour drive through dirt country roads before we got back to Hobart. A unique vibe.

Do tell...

I always wondered why people wouldnt just run away when he started. Went down there last year and the place is so isolated and insular in a way.

In fact the entire island is creepy. When you combine what happened to the Indigenous and then the penal issues, it's been buried in misery for the past 230 years.

A bloke got killed on the highway so we had a 2 hour drive through dirt country roads before we got back to Hobart. A unique vibe.

Did the ghost tour and drifted back from the group cause I was bored in one of the jails. All of a sudden there were some thuds coming from walls where noone was anywhere near on a still night. Still sends shivers down my neck.

Did the ghost tour and drifted back from the group cause I was bored in one of the jails. All of a sudden there were some thuds coming from walls where noone was anywhere near on a still night. Still sends shivers down my neck.
Im down in 2 weeks for the North game and we were doing this tour. Im doing this now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back